Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration A little sneak peek...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, May 15, 2015.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

If you read all of the thread you will see that you never had a chance. Alliance members had first priority and they were sold out to us.

2. Once again....You had to be an ALLIANCE MEMBER to get first crack at 'em! They sold out before regular members could of had a chance. Sorry! No I'm not a moderator. I just know how to read from the beginning :)

3. I hear number 32 is on ebay for 1,000,000:rolleyes:

clem likes this.
  4. I'm sure they will make another batch some time again. I read that it took about 2-1/2 months to make 100.

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No there is no b.s at all. Did you really think they would make the store?Alliance members got first dibs and were notified when they first became available. This is the benefit of being a alliance member.
    I have been an alliance member for many years as I believe nothing is for free and the huge amount of effort that is put into running the HAMB needs to be recognised and supported.
    There I said my bit. Support Ryan.

6. I wouldn't mind trading to get #41.

7. I'm an Alliance Member and I was on this morning and then again late this afternoon and I missed it. Timing is everything!:cool:

8. I was lucky. If my son wasn't feeling well today, I would have went to work and missed out.

clem likes this.
  9. Gotta be an Alliance Member to have even been notified. Maybe it's time for some folks to crack the wallet and become a member. You get discounts on a shit load of vendors to boot. Can't beat that my friend.

HOTRODPRIMER and Scooterville like this.
  10. I've been posting a lot today lol. I need to get off of here!:D

clem likes this.
  11. 117harv

117harv

12. 117harv

117harv

The first pic ever posted of a HAMB timing tag, June 3 2006 as well as the vintage machine that stamps them. hamb.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2015
  13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I would have loved too... It would probably take a year to make that many by hand though. Saxman does have a life outside of making shift knobs!

Trust me, I hate it that people that wanted one didn't get one.

clem likes this.
  14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

15. I was just told that a generous Alliance member will be auctioning his new knob off to support the HAMB. Be on the lookout!

pat59 and Saxman like this.
  16. If i get 32 I'll trade for 87, my knob keeps coming off on my astro van.

Flowmeister, oldcars.acadia and pat59 like this.
  17. Thanks Ryan. I hate it too that everyone who wanted one didn't get a chance at one. For now, I do need to get back to working on my project and maybe have a little down time. But who knows what the future holds? ;-)

pat59 and 117harv like this.
  18. Nice!!

19. You bet!,I joined the Alliance when it was first announced in 2006.

You don't have to be a mathematician to add up what I have spent being a alliance member for the past 10 years but the discounts I have earned has more than payed for my membership. HRP

20. davidvillajr

davidvillajr

It's all in the luck of your timing.

I got LUUUCKY today, but have missed out on many opportunities in the past.

Your time will come.

I think it really speaks to the importance of this place in our lives that so many want a "special extra" to make our cars extra special.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got 9 years of Alliance tags to find...

21. A Rodder

A Rodder

There's a chance if you were logged in and after that it became available and you didn't refresh it maybe didn't show.

22. A Rodder

A Rodder

Luckily I had the urge at 9:20 to use the john.....that meant time to get on my phone....

The problem I had is when I was checking out thru PayPal about 5-6 times in a row it booted my saying my zip wasn't good for the U.S!

I was sweating bullets before it went thru!

23. Same goes for me. And just a couple weeks ago I went down to Griots and saved almost double what I spent for my Alliance this year. Plus if you are a subscriber to Rodders Journal you can save there by getting your yearly subscription to that and the Alliance through the HAMB at the same time.

24. Thought Alliance members got advance notice. I never got notification, a link to order, or anything. So much for supporting the Alliance. :(

25. OzyRodder

OzyRodder
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I only use the app so got no notification. I checked every two minutes all weekend so I wouldn't miss it and woke up this morning and all gone!

Maybe next time...
    Anyone want to trade a tag topper for a knob?

26. 3030

No notice here just that they were all gone bogus!

27. You missed out if you didn't log in yesterday between 11:30am-3:00-pm. That's when the notification lit up nice and bright for Alliance members at the top of the page. Don't know how you guys didn't see it? :-(

28. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I don't think anyone got a "personal" notice. You had to be logged in when they were actually for sale to see the sticky for them. Once they were sold it was taken down. That's the way it worked for the gen 1 and gen 2 knobs too

bambbrose and Scooterville like this.
  29. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Fellas, I'm not in the business of pissing off people by not selling them things they want. Promise.

Here's how the notifications worked. If you are an Alliance member and you logged into the H.A.M.B., you saw this on the top of your screen:

test.jpg

If you are an Alliance Member and you did not see the above notification, then you logged in after they were sold out.

Kiwi 4d and Blue One like this.
  30. ^^^^^^ That's what I saw when I logged in. HRP ^^^^^^^

Blue One and oldcars.acadia like this.