Where we left off... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=499192 THE WIZARD It's been a long time since I have updated you all on the status of my '35 Ford so last Saturday I dragged it out of my garage and took some pics with my phone and kind of come to terms with what has been done in the 9 months since my last update and what lies ahead. As some of you know it's been a crazy year with my son Memphis being born and his complications but he's doing great and growing up to be a happy and healthy boy. I probably under estimated the amount of time it takes to raise him his first year. Even when I am not doing something directly with him my time gets ate up by supporting my wife so that she can be the best mom that she can be....so basically I have not been getting as much time on the car as I would have anticipated which is why I'm still chipping away and not driving this SOB right now. Memphis' medical bills have also taken the extra funds out of our pockets which not makes even small things like brake lines and such a hassle to get. But enough with all that you want want to know about the car right? No? Well I do damn it and getting that car out into the driveway over this past weekend was a major kick in the ass for me. I needed to see it back on the ground and where it's going to get me motivated and back on the horse. So I hope you enjoy these pics even though they're not off a good camera but it'll do until I take some more detailed ones with my regular camera. Stone....as in Sly. I picked up a full set of Firestone letters from Novatattoo this spring and I am so stoked to have them....unfortunately I have only had time to put up the "F" so fa so I dragged the rest out for the pics. The engine is in the car and everything fits great. The full HURST mount with all the trimmings looks great and seems to give me the extra space for exhaust to run down. My work on my Weiand WC4D intake is far from close to being run but I am making a little progress. I switched from 94's to 97's after trading with Brett For Christ. Then through a few more trades I had enough to supply Strombergs to all my cars. Not sure how that happened but there are a bunch of them in my garage now, some 48's, some 97's but I am excited to get familiar with them and use them exclusively on all my cars like the rest of yall. One thing that I have been going back and forth with is whether I should be rebuilding them or I should send them off. Well as much as I'd like to send them off, Scootermcrad convinced me otherwise....well him and the lack of $$$$$. So the plans now are to send the bodies and bases to UNCLE MAX for a refinish in a chromate dip, black epoxy painted bases and newly reemed and rebushed throttleshafts. I tore them all down and removed the emulsion tubes as well as gave them a dusting in my glass bead cabinet so that he won't have to use any of him precious elbow grease. After I get them back I'll order all new resto parts as well as rebuild kits to reassemble them in the comfort of my own kitchen...I mean garage. Before I get those 97's on there I'll probably rebuild this Complete 1959 Vette unit I picked up a couple years ago to break in the cam and get it running right. The fresh 265 is going to be pretty cool and I am super stoked about it. It's not grease fire hot but should put out close to 250hp with everything being dialed in to a 1957 Corvette engine with use of a 097 cam, '57 heads with a port and polish, .125" over bore, yada yada yada. And of course that engine will be hooked up to the venerable '39 Ford trans by the way of and OFFY adapter. The trans and everything hooked up great after I figured out the little snag with the rear trans mount (Thanks Chris!) and I was able to use the only clutch linkage that was made by the PO to get it all working. But just incase I get a little silly there are two more trans' on the shelf that I can use incase something happens. I also spent two nights sanding my vintage Mallory Dual Point Dizzy by hand with finer and finer grit of sand paper. The end result looks pretty rad and should really look cool with the new Clear Red spark plug wires and NOS vintage 90º RAJAH ends... Of Course this wouldn't be an IDIOTS GUIDE without some mixups. So after I got everything painted suspension wise I went ahead and assembled the front axle with new kingpins and bushings etc and then went to hook up the draglink and tie rods. That's where I realized that I didn't drop the steering arms enough and that the tie rods were hitting the wishbone. Doh! So I had a my friend Del and Dustin help me break out the torch and drop them another 2 inches to clear everything. I need to get in there and retouch the paint where it burnt off but other then that the front end looks great with the durant monoleaf and axle dropped by my good homie JORDAN GRAHAM. For the back suspension I went with a POSIES rear spring after one showed up with my '33 when I traded for it. I took it over my home made reversed eyed spring because there where a lot of pits in the original and I didn't really like that. I coupled the POSIES with some longer shackles form VERN TARDEL and painted them up before reassembling. I should note that I forgot to install AXLE keys (double DOH!) and since I have to do that I bought some Tardel Safety brackets to hold those wheels on incase I break and axle. I also bought some rear 47-48 shock mounts from my buddie Chris here on the HAMB and cleaned them up (because you know Chris is a rat rodder and only deals with really rough and patina'd shit) with a wire wheel on a 4" grinder and then etch primed them and sprayed them with hammertone paint this past weekend.