Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods >>>1935 Ford Coupe: An Idiots Guide To Buiding A Hot Rod<<< PART 2.5!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Aug 3, 2010.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This is probably the most important update that I'll have because it involves an incredible act of kindness from my Family & Friends. While some of you know my son caught an infection resulting from a diverticulum in his bladder which caused his urine to reflux back into his kidneys. This all led to a nasty infection that led to a couple trying days for my wife and I but further more my little man in the Pediatric ICU. While I'm writing this thread, I'm currently still in the hospital and anxiously waiting for his release after tomorrow's surgery which will be the first of two.

So while I have been here praying for my son and tending to his needs as well as Davina's, my friends and family were scheming to do good and do it from their hearts. My Brother Mike has been down in Charlotte for well over a week taking care of our dogs and bringing us dinner. He teamed up with My fellow club members in the IRON LORDS and a few other friends that are like brothers as well to do what they could to lift my spirits.

They worked their asses off two straight days assembling, painting, cleaning, relaying, laughing and whatever else it took to surprise me on Saturday. I had absolutely no idea that they were doing the whole time and since I have been sleeping at the hospital there was really now way for me to. It wasn't until Davina got a call from my brother telling her to "send me home because the dogs were ill." All along Davina knew what was going on so she told me to get out of the shower and head home to see what was up. I mean seriously, my brother could have given me a different excuse to come home perhaps one that did not involve more panic then what I was already exposed to in the 8 days at the hospital:rolleyes:.

Anyways, just before I arrived at home I started feeling bad for listening to ZZ Top's Sharp Dressed Man while I was supposed to be heading home to sick dogs. But when I pulled down my street and see a line Old Cars in front of my house and my neighbors I started to smile really big. Only I thought instead of reveal I was looking forward to BBQ or cookout with my friends to lift my spirits. But when I walked up and seen what was clearly my '35 Coupe under a bunch of blankets my heart started thumping really really hard and I could feel a rush of blood to my face as if the popular foot ball quarter back just asked me out....wait what?

So with everybody there and looking at me with smiles upon their faces my friend Del (HOT DAMN aka lost Iron Lord member) began to announce what they had done and how they had worked so diligently to take my mind off the troubles back at the hospital even just for a minute. I was definitely taken back and humbled to have such great people in my life, ones that would go above and beyond to give me a glimpse happiness during a pretty dark time for me. These are my friends....fuck that they are family.

So until I get the pics from the couple days of hard work off my brother's computer you are going to have to settle for a couple I took today while at home visiting my dogs. Once I get the others I'll be sure to post them.

Thank You from the bottom of my heart to all that helped make this possible.

My older brother Mikey
    Delton
    Boobie
    Jeremy
    Dustin
    Kenny
    Skeeter
    Terd
    Shawn M
    Chris from Winston Salem
    Scott Bagshaw (for letting my motor go without me paying for it!)
    Alison & her Brother
    Justin for painting the firewall

You guys are greatest bunch of assholes I have ever met and my life is forever enriched because of your friendship. Thank you.

They worked to assemble my front and rear ends and get them under the car. They grabbed a Posies rear spring that came from another project and I think it worked great! I might see if I can get the rear down one more inch so it comes right to the white wall on the rear tire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
  2. Jack Luther

Jack Luther

A little lower in the back and your stance will be right on the money. Best wishes to you, your son and your family.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Jeremy painted my engine single stage black which is what I finally settled on. I think it's going to look killer especially when I get all my VC's polished, 4x2 Intake polished and installed, Chromed stock exhaust manifolds and some other doo-dads.

[​IMG]

'39 Trans all cleaned and painted!
    [​IMG]

Steering box cleaned and painted!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am sure it was a paint in the ass working in my garage trying to find all the parts I have stowed away and working around all that "Junk".

When I get the pics off my brother's camera, I can give you a better idea what was done and by whom. One thing is for sure, this was about 2 months work of work at the rate I work compressed into two days and done immeasurably better then I would have done.

Thanks for looking.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm not going to touch the rear suspension until I get the weight on that front end from the engine. Once that's in I can dial in the rear. Thanks!

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I know it may seem stupid but I think I am going to polish the Offy trans adapter too after seeing it all cleaned up!
    [​IMG]

6. Rad! Hope things keep lookin' up for ya!

7. 31whitey

31whitey

Keepn the good thoughts for the boy

Wats the story with that new coupe body

there everywhere!

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

What new coupe?;)

9. kisam

kisam

I can almost see Memphis sitting on your lap steering! The gracious act of your family and friends is a direct reflection of you and your wife! The car looks great!

10. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Thays good people! The coupe looks good.

11. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thank you so much Kisam. I can't wait for the day he can sit on my lap and steer the car some. This changing diaper business and every 2 hour feeding is killing me.....and I don't even have boobs! Haha!!!

12. fordsoup

fordsoup
    from Altadena

First and foremost, I hope your little boy is soon home and 100%. Secondly that car looks f**king great. Nice group of guys.

13. gardenjeg

gardenjeg
    from nc

Wow that 35 is looking great! Hope things continue to improve for your son and family. It's times like this that good friends and family are your greatest asset. Our thoughts and prayers are with your and family.

14. bonesy

bonesy

My thoughts to your son and family.

The car is looking GREAT!

15. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Very kool car! Looks GREAT! Good job man!

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Congrats on the car man... It looks great! The coolest thing about this gig is the friends that become the family!!! Makes me miss my '35 soooo much, I've been cruising E-bay more than would be advised for a terminally broke s.o.b. like my self, thinking maybe I can pull off some thing! Soon, I have others to finish for now. Now muscle up for son and wife one more time and get that kid home! we're all still pullin' for him!

17. shoebox50

shoebox50

Great looking car!

18. Glad to hear the kid is doing well, but pissed that I didn't buy that car when I saw it in the classifieds! Ha! You've got it made!

19. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Man, that thing is looking great!!! keeping up the prayers for Memphis and hoping you get to hang with him at home soon.

20. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Friends are cool.

21. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Dang man, I hope your wee one gets better soon! That car is so right!

22. badgeree

badgeree

Best wishes for your son. getting the surprise will certainly lift your spirits, which will filter on to the rest of the family.

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Pretty much but I hear we're doing honorary memberships lately if you can keep our shop from being harassed by the city haha!!!! Bring it down, we'll hit for the weekend and see how much we can get done!!!

Thanks for the well wishes for my son Memphis. I appreciate it.

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

It's good to hear Memphis is doing well and will be coming home... it's also super nice they didn't "Easter egg" and billet your car after all trash you talk on them! Hahaha. :D

25. All this damn "Boobie" shit.

Awe shucks there Jeffy Cakes. If you were'nt so swell this would have never happened.

I must admit, Jeffrey and Davina are awesome! I have enjoyed their friendship thoroughly. They are honest and genuine people and little Memphis will grow up to be the same. Maybe not quite as "gay" as Jeffrey we can only hope.

Remember JJ, We're always there.

BloodyKnuckles

26. No. That's saved for DRuss32.:D

BloodyKnuckles

27. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Great story, Jeffrey... you have some great friends and family. Best wishes for your new little guy and wife to be home soon.

The coupe is looking great -- congrats!

Malcolm

28. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Jeffrey,

I love you dude. You are good people. We're still praying for your son and for you and Davina. I know I can speak for everybody, we had a great time working on your car. One day soon when you're rolling the coupe, just remember those bearings were packed with grease AND love.

And thanks for the new sig line too!

***EDITED TO ADD***
    Damnit, it was too long. Oh well, here it is quoted for posterity...

29. McFly

McFly

Righteous! Killer friends and a killer car. Best wishes to Memphis.