Register now to get rid of these ads!

Some minor Progress on the Mars Lander

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caseyscustoms, Oct 30, 2005.

1. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

or whatever in the hell its called, how about 57 chevy plowboy rip off ,haha :D.
    i was kinda messing around with it while i was sanding bondo :rolleyes:. i sectioned 14 inches out of the trunk and tack welded the quarters to the truck so i can square the body around, and make some inner braces.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      58.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      60.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      50.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      59.5 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      60.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Chad s

Chad s

wow, very cool, cant wait to see it rolling. Now thats one of the most creative roadster ideas I have seen for a bit.

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

14 inches, it that all? Ha Ha Ha

Just make sure the body fits over the rear end you want to use with wheels and tires on it before you weld it all together!

Keep on it!

4. DrJ

DrJ

Great idea, and will look great done, but Plowboy knows the numbers from experience...
    I'm just guessing that you want it probably no wider than about 50"± to clear the insides of the tires and skinny up the cowl accordingly.?

5. Rusty

Rusty

I think this is gonna be pretty cool. Just think of the look on the 57 Chevy collectors face when you pull up. Keep up the progress

6. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

yea i didnt even think of that plowboy i was just sectioning out what i thoght looked good i will grab a rear end to check that out.

shit 14 inches aint shit, arlen ness has a 57 chevy ass end on a bike so the whole time i was cutting it couldnt stop thinking about how he probably took out like 40 inches out of the trunk.:D

7. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

shit 14 inches aint shit, arlen ness has a 57 chevy ass end on a bike so the whole time i was cutting it couldnt stop thinking about how he probably took out like 40 inches out of the trunk.:D[/QUOTE]

arlen ness puts the "puke" in motorcycles!..lol

your mars lander rocks....but please easy with the arlen comments,....you made me throw up a lil in my mouth...he he he:D

8. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

arlen ness puts the "puke" in motorcycles!..lol

your mars lander rocks....but please easy with the arlen comments,....you made me throw up a lil in my mouth...he he he:D [/QUOTE]

are you kidding me he is the best, it takes a man to build a chopper from scratch and even more of a man to write checks to all the people he has building it for him. HA , i wasnt complimenting him it just reminded me off his bike when i was cutting my trunk.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Two very cool things happening here:

1. Plowboy has started his own genre of car.

2. Plowboy isn't put off or disturbed by people doing their own interpretation. In fact, he is cheering them on. RAD.

10. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

"2. Plowboy isn't put off or disturbed by people doing their own interpretation. In fact, he is cheering them on. RAD "

yes i thought that to i am very glad i am not pissing him off he has been helpful and excited to see some progress. but then again he could just be trying to be nice because he wants that damn illinois Butt sex to carry over to Missouri, but god damnit no i dont how nice you are, ha :D

11. Plowboy

Plowboy

I'd get a 70's Ford 9 inch or a GM 10 bolt out of a truck. The GM one had the pinion a little closer to center which will help out a great deal if you are going to channel the piss out of it so your tunnel will be in the center. The rear in the spacetruck came from a 76 T bird and the lander is an 88 Chevy truck. Both are untouched width wise but I had to get some huge offset wheels on the lander.

Ryan, you make me feel all warm and cozy inside.:D

Id throw a 56 Chevy dash in it to continue on with the theme, I have one if you need it.

One measly little river isn't going to stop us IL gayrodzz. Especially with all those bridges over it.

12. Looking good man. I like the Chevy cowl and Chevy ¼’s. What’s the plan for the door area? You gonna need some door skins or something to tie it all together?

To further agitate the Chevy guys I’d have to stick with a ’57 dash though. Might as well run a ’57 steering wheel too. A narrowed ’57 front bumper “chin” with lights in the dagmars and a ’34 Chevy grille top might work on front. The rear has to have a ’57 bumper. ’57 air cleaner on a front mount SBC.....

Convince them you cut up a complete ’57. Yeah, I’m diggin’ this one.

JH

13. dixiedog

dixiedog

This is definitely awesome what you have going on here.

Just make sure it doesn't end up looking like a Boss Hoss trike, it shouldn't with the wheels on the outside of the body.

Plowboy Style - the new genre of building:D

14. DrJ

DrJ

I gotta trumpet for Doc Frankenstein's truck in this genre too!
    I first saw it at the LA Roadster show several years ago, and was blown away by the concept, but don't remember any chronology of who "discovered" it, or should say reprised it since nothing we're doing is that new, just new again.
    No man is an island...
    They're all fantastick!!!
    :cool:

15. KnuckleDragger

KnuckleDragger

Looking good Casey, keep up the good work and post more pics.. I have told Plowboy that his work has been an insperation and this goes to show it. Just my .02 on the dash idea, I think a 60 biscayne, impala, bel air dash would look good, I do think a 57 dagmars with lights in them sound like a cool touch. But again just my .02

Jonney

16. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

i put a 55 chevy dash in my 35 and it looks killer,and i have another 56 dash so that what i will probably put in the mars lander.

17. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

This is going to be fun to watch. The project not the butt sex. :D

18. Plowboy

Plowboy

You all need to quit blaming me....it ain't my fault. Ha Ha Ha

19. in some cultures all they eat is vomit. i've never been there but i read about it in a book.

and i really love how thats comeing and the restorers are going to puke and not just in their mouths

sko

20. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why not try to use the stock wheel openings somehow run the tires inside the body? Just a thought.........

21. TINGLER

TINGLER

Yeah, Plowboy is a WUSS...
    When everyone starts building JEEP hot rods, I'm gonna give them a thrashing!

DAMN COPYCATS! hahaha. :D

Casey,
    What are your plans for a frame?
    I like the idea for sure....

Keep us updated on this cool project. :)

(and what happened to the chevy roadster?)

22. Squablow

Squablow

Check out his website, he's got some updated pics of it there.