Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What the hell am i getting myself into rebuild model a truck NZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dylan499, Sep 1, 2012.

1. Well the plan was for yesterday to pull the motor and box out of my model a truck to give it a respray well im not very good and coping with peer pressure and now the body is also coming off for the complete full rebuild and ive already wanted to throw tools around.. started by taking the seats out to lift the carpet and under the carpet was that cheap ass sound deadner crap which took about three hours to get up. then to find the the orginal screws that were holding the floor down had been replaced with welds and smoothed off. so which could have been a 15 minute job to remove the floor turned into a 4 hour hunt to cut the c*nt out. the inside to striped to nothing now and the motor is pretty well ready to come out.. will keep ya posted on how most of it goes.
    cheers dylan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and not quite sure how i found her but a girl that brings pizza and beer into the shed on a saturday night makes life easy
    [​IMG]

2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

cool lil truck,take your time on the rebuild.enjoy the pizza an beer.have your girl help.don't get any better

3. Rob68

Rob68

That is the coolest pizza box I've ever seen! Nice truck too!

4. Ah, so you've started one of those 'quick tidyup's' ........:p:p

Your lady's a keeper for sure.

MoFo's getting the winter refurb and on stands at the mo' but, Iv'e drawn a definite line on what comes off though....summers coming..:D

5. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

you took the words right out of my mouth!!! :D

6. Hells pizza is the best pizza around anyone ever coming to nz it's well worth it, yeah there is no rush will steal the old mans 36 for summer if it's not done

7. That's always how it goes.
    Don't sweat it. Do it once, do it right.

8. no turning back now should have it down to a bare chassis by the end of this weekend and we can take the frame to the sand blasters also with a few other bits found a neat truck on of of the model a truck picture threads that i liked the colour on so i thinking we stick with black chassis but maybe change the body colour.. i am still undecided the motor is going metal flake gold and was wondering if anyone has done that and how the went about the flake sticking at high temp..

anyway thats all for now sleep time need to milk my cows early tomorrow morning
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cheers dylan

9. Cooon

Cooon

Ha sweet stuff. She'll be right mate.

I saw a pic of that falcon gasser in a mag when it was still in the states, had to look twice to see it was the same car.

10. yeah it will be better when done
    yeah pretty sure it was in rod and custom

11. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Keep it goin' dude. I hope Matt's there helping, after all he put the thing together.

Scotty

12. he is the reason im am taking it apart he not touching it from now

13. Crackett

Crackett

Hell man. You actually getting stuck in. Looking good. Sacha is to nice to you mate

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

14. Yeah getting there Kane will be good though

15. Crackett

Crackett

any more progress mate?

16. Little Terry

Little Terry

Steve Lang is the man to ask about flake on the motor - he flakes everything! He goes by the name of Langy on here. Just search out some of his build threads.
    Mark.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

17. I liked it as is and cant wait to see it again when done. Hows the 30 coupe coming along ? JW :)

18. Haven't had much time to do much with work etc got all the wireing break and fuel lines off just need to unbolt the front and rear end and the motor and box and frame is ready to go to sand blasters. Ordered a few new bits for the build and got some cool plans tucked away so when it hits the tar seal again will be a new truck still looking for a 4x2 caddy manifold if anyone has one they wanting to sell "cheep" hahaha

Cheers dylan

19. Crackett

Crackett

not ganna turn it into a c cab are ya mate hahaha

20. NFORCA

NFORCA

Looking good.

Not sure what paint you're using, but Du Pont do a high temperature binder, which you can use with the flake on the engine.

-Todd

21. Na f**k that hahaha

22. Cheers Todd I'll look into had a lot of different ways to do it from a lot of different people

23. Shit Dylan,you have been busy Mate!!

24. Just got the new NZ RODDER magazine last night to a cool surprise of the truck and coupe I'm building as the magazines centre fold poster pull out pictures was from our club shed raid

ImageUploadedByTJJ1349125856.092800.jpg

Also found a wood roof insert motor should be out this week and I can start cleaning it up ready to paint in metal flake gold interesting to see how it turns out and once we have mounted the new steering box I have chosen to replace we can zip the frame down to the sand boasters to start again

All fun and games

Cheers
    Dylan

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. What's the story on the Falcon in the background? HRP

26. That's my dads 64 falcon sprint gasser he is running down here in new Zealand he brought it a few years back on a trip to the hotrod reunion maybe 08,09 now runs 10.2 with a 468 bbc

Cheers

27. Finally after looking at it for about 6 months and a few other projects and a trip to usa getting in the way i finally got motivated to dig into the truck got the steering box mounted steering arm off to the machine shop to be shorten and motor bits off to be chromed now need to get the engine mounts done sit the motor and box back in with exhaust to be able to fit up a new battery box and the frame can be repainted. Also found a 6 carb caddy manifold at the roadster show and some halibrand valve cover which i was stoked with.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1372566748.404099.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1372566762.054506.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1372566775.837987.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

28. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374953418.548531.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374953434.268891.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374953446.807990.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374953456.554318.jpg

Motor is painted and I'm stoked with the colour

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. That engines looking sweet .