Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sunday models, 7/22/12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lyle Willits, Jul 22, 2012.

1. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finally finished this one. Revell 3-window with roof insert from a 5-window body.Galaxie Chevy 6 banger. Solder headers. Scratch built and parts box interior. Scratch built firewall. Opened cowl vent. '60 Ford hub caps. '49 Ford tailights.

2. Deuces

Deuces

Gotta love those Revell "Deuce" kits... :D:D
    Thanks Lyle!!..:)

3. Outstanding work as always, Lyle....................................Don.

4. little t

little t

very nice lyle great job

5. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Good Job!
    Looks more like a 1:1 than a model!
    Outstanding detail and the photo shoot is "right on"!

6. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice work Lyle, that interior from what we can see looks fantastic!!

This has been up before, but I am having another 'go' at this.

[​IMG]

It does look better with the rain gutter, that and the side windows better shaped. I just haven got a pic with it.

[​IMG]

Long way to go yet.

Doc.

7. I bought this awesome model about ten years ago. This is a 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford 5 Window Coupe Body created by the late George Zurowski on New York for use with the old Monogram 1/8th Scale 1932 Ford Roadster kit. I wish I could have purchased more of his 1/8th scale Ford Coupe Bodies, especially the chopped 3 Window. His production was slow and it took over one year for me to get this one.

The bodies need a ton of work to make ready for paint but they are really good representations. The builder would have to practically scratchbuild the interior and fire wall--not a big deal for a good builder. A lot of work but well worth it. The models are impressive two-foot long replicas when completed. I had built a beautiful yellow roadster about 30 years ago; I still have all the pieces and eventually will resurrect it.

Zurowski also sold 1/8 th scale 1948 Ford Flathead engines with speed equipment and beautiful details as well as custom frames and supsensions. I have one of the Zurowski Flathead Engines too. I have several of the Big Monogram 1932 kits still in the box, including the recent reissue with flathead engine.

Attached Files:

8. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Those ARE cool, I have a few from him, even the 3 windows but cant part with them. Have you seen the 1/8 blown hemi with all the internal parts,cam, two piece rods, pistons, crank, blower rotors??? I was making parts from scratch and he would cast them for me.

9. Yeah, his stuff is cool. Like I said, I wish I could have bought more from George. Glad you were able to work with him. He was a great builder and I had many interesting conversations with him.

I am going to construct a three car garage for three of my 1/8th Scale 1932 Fords. I also have two 1/8th Scale Lindberg T-Bucket kits. I would love to tackle a Pocher but I have read a ton of E-bay horror stories of incomplete or terribly degraded kits. Not willing to shell out the bucks for some idiot's mistake.

Post some pics of the blown hemi.

TM

10. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

Now it is finished

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

MIWI, really nice work on that Ford coupe!
    Great detail work...

12. shades34

shades34

Wow some great ones this week. I finished my 49 Merc today and tried my hand at wet sanding and buffing a model for the first time. The clouds were out so you can't really see the pearl in the Boyd's orange pearl. I brought it in the house after shooting the pics and my 2 year old says "that's cool daddy!" That's all I need.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Great work guys........look forward to this thread each week....Lyle the photography really brings out the models you creatively master:cool:.

14. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I made the masters for a bbc in 1/8 back about 10 years ago, and he cast them for me. I will have to dig around for the pic of the complete hemi. Here is a pic of a 2x4 intake I made for george to cast to fit on the hemi. By looking at the heads, you can imagine the detail of the engine. The headers are for sbc and scratched out of brass.

Attached Files:

15. GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy
    from Central IN

Very nice! Did you do the body yourself, or is it a resin casting?

I'd love to pick one up like that to try to re-create the Doug Rice '39 Ford, such a beautiful car.

16. Beautiful job on the 3 window Lyle. Thanks for sharing. Thumbs up to the other builders too. I have nothing to show this week and it's Monday now anyway. Maybe next Sunday.

17. MIWI, as the owner of a 1:1 46 coupe being built as a tail dragger, I gotta say you really nailed it. I'd love to find a 48 Cadillac grill for mine. I have the 49 plymouth bumpers on mine already aand it is still all original drivetrain. I'm also building a scale version of it with the revell 48 ford coupe kit. Mine is actually a 46 business coupe that is un chopped though, not a chopped long door coupe, so I'm taking some liberty there. Hope to post some pics of it soon.
    Matt

18. Nice Pieces BigDuece.

TM

19. fat141

fat141

Shades 34, your 2 yo is a smart kid. All great this week, thank you Lyle for kicking it off.
    Rod

20. I was at a yard sale the other and dropped 50 bucks on two big ass boxs of cars 1.25 scale so far 4 60 impalas 5 A bodys and 3 57 fords as well as a real promo steel 57 that is a little wrapped but still in nice shape i 1.25 scale or there abouts.

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sounds like you got some gems there, that 57 promo could be worth some serious $$ It would pay to look after that one, any pics??
    Would like to know what the A body's were, interested in doing any swaps trades with any of the A's?:D

Cheers,
    Doc.

22. Great work shades, beautiful paint!