Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 01-28-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
RainierHooker
Alliance Member

Default Twilighters C.C. Any former members out there? - or - The Story of my New Jacket

So, in addition to traditional rods, I'm also what you might call a "Traditional Wardrober". On one of my recent runs around the local thrift and vintage stores I came across what might be one of my best aquisitions yet. What at first looked to be a run of the mill '50s windbreaker, after pulling from the rack turned into a primo piece of rodding history...

All the patches are hand sewn to the jacket including the cool old-style Chevy badge and the even kooler Letter-Jacket syle Twilighters script and logo on the back. Just check out the kustom Owl-Clutching-a-Rod-n-Piston logo.

I can't find any info on what seemingly was a Car Club from B'Ham back in the hey-day of rodding, at least the jacket itself dates from the late 50's to early 60's. I know there is/was a rockabilly band of the same name, but this clearly pre-dates them. If anyone has any info on this club, or if you are a former member, please speak-up!

Goodbye Dad, I love you.

Last edited by RainierHooker; 01-28-2012 at 10:56 AM.
online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
RainierHooker
Alliance Member

Default Re: Twilighters C.C. Any former members out there? - or - The Story of my New Jacket

No one's a former member or heard of this club?

Goodbye Dad, I love you.
online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
sololobo
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: Twilighters C.C. Any former members out there? - or - The Story of my New Jacket

Nice score bro, I am infected with vintage-ittis also. That is a sweet jacket. I see the vintage sofa behind with some great bark cloth pillows or cushions, we have some of the same fabric. Thanx for sharing! ~sololobo~