Register now to get rid of these ads!

Twilighters C.C. Any former members out there? - or - The Story of my New Jacket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RainierHooker, Jan 28, 2012.

1. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

So, in addition to traditional rods, I'm also what you might call a "Traditional Wardrober". On one of my recent runs around the local thrift and vintage stores I came across what might be one of my best aquisitions yet. What at first looked to be a run of the mill '50s windbreaker, after pulling from the rack turned into a primo piece of rodding history...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the patches are hand sewn to the jacket including the cool old-style Chevy badge and the even kooler Letter-Jacket syle Twilighters script and logo on the back. Just check out the kustom Owl-Clutching-a-Rod-n-Piston logo.

I can't find any info on what seemingly was a Car Club from B'Ham back in the hey-day of rodding, at least the jacket itself dates from the late 50's to early 60's. I know there is/was a rockabilly band of the same name, but this clearly pre-dates them. If anyone has any info on this club, or if you are a former member, please speak-up!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  2. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

No one's a former member or heard of this club?

3. sololobo

sololobo

Nice score bro, I am infected with vintage-ittis also. That is a sweet jacket. I see the vintage sofa behind with some great bark cloth pillows or cushions, we have some of the same fabric. Thanx for sharing! ~sololobo~