Register now to get rid of these ads!

The other '32 3 window... The Plymouth PB Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

3. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

The Plymouths are cool... but my favorite is a 29 Dodge..My pal Dave York has one such beast..and his is a full fendered Coupe... the lines are just so hot!
    Dave.please for give me.its too wicked not to be shown.
    The peaked and crowned fenders are so cool.
    Dave's plans are a desoto hemi and a a QC.(visible)
    Dave knows the magic....and proud to call him a pal.

Yum Yum Good!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Please forgive the shackles at the back.. there gone and the cad engine is in another project.....
    [​IMG]

Kreepea_1 and kidcampbell71 like this.

5. mark 52

mark 52
    from Ottawa

That's looking like it has a lot of potential. I've never looked at the Dodge's before but tha one is cool.

6. lawman

lawman

Those coupes always say "Hot Rod" They all looked chopped even
    when the were not !!!!!!!!! IMHO.Tom (Tired Old Man)

7. HRod 50

HRod 50

That Plymouth is beautiful. For me it's even prettier, but doesnt have the history of the Ford so it will never be equal because of it, but if someone didnt know or care about it, I think you'd have to say the PLymouth is a prettier car in stock form. Plus I'm a full fendered guy anyway...

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

9. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

10. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Nice!

Wanna' buy a rust free door? It came with a "pile" of parts that I drug home yesterday and I finally figured out that it's a 32/33 Plymouth door.

Chris

11. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

damn, that dodge is one badass little hot rod!

12. seatex

seatex

Maybe you should out a "ford" in it!

13. ezdusit

ezdusit

I bought my '32 PB coupe in 1962. I restored it in '96-97 and have run it four times in the Great Race. Amazingly, the 65 horsepower 4-cylinder stock engine had more torque (160 ft-lbs vs. 130 ft-lbs) than the '32 Ford V-8. It's a fun car to drive, but the top end is not adequate for interstate driving.
    [​IMG]

14. donnymopar

donnymopar
    from MI

Love my 31' PA - 2 dr sedan...Long, lean, slammed, with a ripping big block...

Attached Files:

15. Love my Plymouths, always have.
    1935 PJ.

16. also always loved the '33 '34 pickups! they look like their moving standing still.

17. 31fordV860

31fordV860

These looked chopped right off the assembly line..

18. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

With the right bits, 33's can make a damn good looking hot rod as well :)

Of course, I am a bit partial!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. big bad john

big bad john

.......Great lookin Plymouth.......they are really hard to find.....

20. For many years in the 70's and up into the mid 90's there was a cream colored 32 PB Plymouth running the streets every day here in Anderson,S.C.

At first I thought it was a chopped top 32 Ford but after talking with the guy one day I actually already knew him and he took me to a car club meeting one evening in the coupe and I knew right then I was going to be hooked for life.

He sold the car,dropped out of the club and got out of hot rods for a long time,,but he has slowly crept back in but doesn't drive them too much.

They make excellent cars and look cool with that factory chop. HRP

21. I'll have to agree with you on this Dodge. This is a great looking coupe.

22. The '30's Mopar coupes (and pickups) are great looking. Haven't reached the popularity of the Ford's (never will), but that's okay. When you do find one it will be at a price that won't put you in the poor house. I see their popularity increasing as the scarcity of reasonably priced Ford's continue to increase.

23. [​IMG]

I took this in '07 at a cruise night in Iowa City... The guy drove it like he was in a hot rod.

I judged 30's classics at The Gulfport, FL AACA show in 1980 (I was 15)... a '32 Plymouth 3 window got it's first first place that day.

24. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

There was a local 32 Plymouth 3W coupe that was a rescued from the strip and returned to the street in the 70s. It had a visor over the windshield like an A with holes in it. It had the gasser look with the chromed straight tube axle. I loved the football rear window. I'm surprised I have not run across any pictures of it from back then.

25. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I agree ... the 1932 Plymouth 3W coupes are real good looking. I thought about buying one of them before I bought my 32 3W Ford. The one I looked at was incomplete and I thought I would most likely be looking for years ... trying to find garnishes, door latches and a deck lid. SO I passed on it and told a friend about it. He waited a few years and finally bought it about a year ago ... and he is having a real hard time finding parts and pieces. :(:(

bschwoeble and kidcampbell71 like this.
  26. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

So true! Ford V8 guys don't know how good they've got it when it comes to finding brand new replacement parts for a 70 year old car... from multiple catalogs!

27. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Awesome pics!!!

28. st.rod

st.rod

Just caught this thread. The 32 PB is really a rare car! Its a shame it does not have the ford value. Here is a pic of mine. My oldest brother Ron bought the car in Wichita in 1960 for 35 bucks! It took my brother Bill back and forth to high school in '62 with a 48 flattie in it.

Larry

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
    mrspeedyt and kidcampbell71 like this.
  29. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

A buddy from high skool had a 33 and I asked him who chopped his Plymouth? he said its not chopped! He said he was hassled by cops and had to prove it in court. If you notice the pic of the restored 32 Plymouth here, its the same as the rest of the 32,s. Thats what I liked about them Mopars they were built pretty solid, and looked cool. Put a big bloc 49 Chrysler 6 with 38 OD, and you have a car that could challenge them pesky Ford flatheads. And you wont havto chop it.