Register now to get rid of these ads!

FRANKE finds a new comfy home

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sinticket, Mar 12, 2010.

1. sinticket

sinticket

Well I must start out saying, I think I have bought the most fun truck ever. I can already tell its gonna be a blast!!! FRANKE is full of badassness and he knows it. I recieved him today (one day early from the transport company...can you believe that?) and I have had a blast with it ever since. I took him to grab a bite to eat while ago and had 4 people to stop me just in the parking lot to talk about it. FRANKE was just out there chillin while I ate my meal and I looked out there several times and said to myself...there aint a damn thing I want to change about ol' FRANKE, he is perfect the way he sits!

I bought him the other day from 3wLarry here on the HAMB. I must say 3wLarry has got to be the coolest, most down to earth guy I know. We are lucky to have a gentleman like Larry Roller with us here on the HAMB. He was super honest on everything and man what a pleassure to do business with. I would buy another car from him in a heartbeat. The process was as smooth as owl shit!...thats smooth!!! He and his wife loved FRANKE and passed him on to me...lucky me. FRANKE aready feels at home here in Rockwell NC, gotta feelin hes gonna be around these parts for quite a while! Thanks a ton Larry, hope to meet up with you in person soon!

Here is a picture while charging the battery before I could drive him. The transporter left the switch on and killed the battery dead. I ended up going to the auto parts store and grabbing a new battery. FRANKE liked the new juice under his hood!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  2. hvychvy

hvychvy

Very cool,he looks right at home.Nothing like being completely satisfied with a purchase!!

3. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Can't wait to see it at the cruise in tomorrow!

4. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

Truck looks good from here, congrats

5. Your girlfriend/wife is gonna get jealous ;)
    Nothing better than a car deal done right

Jim

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm glad Franke found a good home. Donna and I will miss him, but there wasn't enough room for the new deuce pickup...so he had to go.

We had 2 years of fun with Franke, and he took me reliably across country to many events including a high-speed cruise around Texas Motor Speedway.

Here's to many miles/smiles with Franke...

I sent a check out yesterday to cover the battery replacement (dumbass transport driver).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Shit... I"m buying all my cars from Larry from now on! :)

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

was the right thing to do...you'da done the same

9. ken1939

ken1939

LOL Smooth as owl chit? Owls dont chit they regurgitate! :eek: BLEECCH!
    And not very smooth according to Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs.

Cool dude none the less, cool transaction, and of course a cool truck.

10. thats a great looking truck and props to larry and everyone who has sold a vehicle and been great to work with... the opposite isnt fun. bad memories

11. sinticket

sinticket

FRANKE is now a legal resident of North Carolina now. I went this morning to get him inspected at the DMV office...no problems at all, then I went on over to the tag office and got FRANKE a new tag. I can now run around without any worries, because the cops around here can be peckerheads sometimes. Man, I cant wait for the next time to drive him!

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'd be driving that thing to work!!!! Can't wait to see it tomorrow at the meeting or Wednesday. We got the Merc fired......Water pumps need to be replaced.

13. its a very kool truck going to miss seeing it you will have fun with it

14. sinticket

sinticket

FRANKE and I have had so much fun already. I drive him everywhere. He is getting ready to get a Vintage Air unit installed with in the next week or two. The heater didnt work so I figured i would go ahead and install AC/heat/defrost sure-fit kit from Vintage Air. Used my Alliance Membership discount at one of our Alliance Vendors, Hot Rod Garage. Jason Smith is one hell of a guy and saved me a bunch of lute in the process. Cant wait to get home from work today and drive ol' Franke again.

15. The 41Dude

The 41Dude

Frankie does indeed look like a cool ride.....enjoy my friend, it doesn't get much better than the feeling you have with a new ride that you love!

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Can we stop calling him Franke.....it's getting weird. hahaha!!! AC huh?? Awesome, I hope it works great when your out driving where ever you drive since you certainly do not want to bring that to shop night.

Probation dude.

17. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mike Rowe didn't tell the whole story. Owls regurgitate the feathers, bones, and other undigestable stuff. The rest of their "meal" procedes through their tract and spews out their cloaca, just like most any other bird.

Nice truck!

18. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

I remember seeing Frankie at the SK500 last year!

19. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

very cool truck. I was checkin it out myself when it was in the classifieds. If I had more room I would have loved to have that truck. Looks killer and sounds like you are tickled pink over the purchase. Have fun!

20. bigken

bigken

Congrats man, Larry's good people.

21. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

I hope Franke can show up at this weeks shop night!

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Don't hold your breath Terd....but me too! I really wanted that Viper to show up and now the time has passed. Farewell Viper, hello King Of Trucks!

23. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

now just wait a damn minute...he will always be Franke to me and Donna...:p:)

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah but Dustin is talking to everybody and no one knows what the hell he's talking about. He's like...

"Me and Franke had a quite night at home last night. I polished his knobs and he leaked some fluid on me while I was under him but for the most part is was pretty quite".

Everyone listening to this that does not know FRANKE is a truck is like what the fuck???? Hahahahaha!!!!

25. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

^^^^^ Hahaha

26. sinticket

sinticket

Shut up JJ... FRANKE and I will kick your gay a$$ at shop night!!! LOL

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  27. Too stinkin' funny...polishing up Franke's knobs...heh heh!^^^^^

28. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Hey, Larry.......did you tell him about the sawdust and bananas in the transmission yet? ;^)

CB

29. DMFB

DMFB

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are. Good thing the threads start you off at the beginning and not "mid stroke" hahahaha.

30. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

^^^ "mid stroke". Hahahaha! :D

This is funnier though...