Register now to get rid of these ads!

4-Banger links

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LongGone, Jan 27, 2005.

1. LongGone

LongGone
    BANNED

This comes out a little sloppy, but seems to work:

Descriptive text sites

"The Difference, Model A, B, & C Engines" - Might have some information you haven't seen before (or maybe not)

Another Model B Description page - From a Buckeye Pietenpol Association member

<A href="http://www.airventuremuseum.org/collection/aircraft/Funk%20B.asp" target=_blank>Funk B: a Model B powered airplane - (click on "specifications" at the bottom of the page)

The German G28T Engine - Post World War II engine based on the Model B

Model A and B Garage - Vince Falter's web site of technical articles and parts comparisons, 1928-1934

Model A Engine Dyno Tests - Ron Kelley dyno tests several Model A engines

Organizations

F.A.S.T. home page - Ford A Speed Technology and the Hot for Hot Fours magazine

Northwest Vintage Speedsters home page neat old banger powered cars

Secrets of Speed home page The society, the magazine, the parts

Parts and engine building

A C and R Model A Ford Parts Many of the "speed parts" in other catalogs come from here

Antique Engine Rebuilding Model A engine rebuilding

Brumfield High Compression Heads High compression heads of various compression ratios

Clings Aftermarket Products Hydraulic brake conversion kits and more

Dan Price Speed Parts "Dan Four-Banger" - speed and performance parts for A's and B's

H and H Speed PartsAs seen in Rod & Custom and at the Model A Nationals

Mac’s Speed Equipment Neat stuff from New Zealand!

Specialty Motor Cams New and reground camshafts, performance parts, engine building

Taylor Engine Model A and B engine rebuilding and modification

Additions invited.

Mike

2. LongGone

LongGone
    BANNED

Hmm, looks like one got slightly screwed up (wonder how?) Cut and paste time I guess.

Mike

3. FORDY 6

FORDY 6

There's a couple of sites I haven't seen, I'll check them out.

4. You should put a link to secrets of speed society it's good stuff i put up a post on it a little while ago www.secretsofspeed.com

-jake

5. wow i am blind the second after i posted that i scroll up and see the link is already there, laugh and point at me!!!!

6. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

There's these guys in Austrailia http://www.oldtin.com.au . Amongst other stuff they stock the Model A quickchange that's made in New Zealand. Got one on the way, I'll report back with how it turns out.

[​IMG]

7. Ooh, that's a big secret! So - you'll be needing that cash for the pickup bed soon...
    Sad I know, but anyone have a picture of the Soggy Bottom Boys Sedan in the picture on that site. Without the blimp in front of it?!
    [​IMG]

8. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

Not that big a secret, I must have forgetten to tell you that's all!

9. out plowing

out plowing

I'm looking at building a banger backed by a T5. Id like to be able to cruise at 65 down the interstate. Can I get away with a higher compression head, or am I looking at a more serious upgrade?

10. Troubadour85

Troubadour85
    from Dayton, OH

Checking in a little late. While I'm here though, anyone experienced with Winfield SR carbs? I have a single SR, Winfield manifold, header, Winfield 7.1 head, Winfield cam and a header and can't get my carb to lean out. I spoke with Brauns and he said the SR is way too big for a banger. I hate to get rid of the original Winfield but after a month of playing with it it's still rich. Parts are hard to come by for jetting and a 97 is starting to look like the next best option

11. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try to post this question over on the August Banger Meet
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/august-is-for-a-bang-of-a-good-time

51 mercules likes this.