Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Edelbrock "94" Carb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dontlifttoshift, Nov 3, 2009.

1. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

Thought you guys might be interested. New at SEMA this year. I don't know about pricing or availability yet but when I find out I will let you guys know.

I did a quick search and didn't see snything about these. I apologize if this has already been posted.

Attached Files:

2. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Any price target?

3. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Wow, Edelbrock has really been paying attention to hot rodders lately.

Block letter heads, sling shot intake, early fuel block...

4. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Thanks for the heads up, it's news to me.

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Wow! At a glance, they look RIGHT, like the English 97's. Gotta lose the Phillips head screws, though. I wonder if they got fossil tooling frpm Holley or whether this was done from scratch?

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And...I hope they have the subtlety to put a block "E" at the bottom of the pump well, where "F" or "H' used to go!

7. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

My Edelbrock rep is at SEMA right now and was try to get all the pertinent information for me. I do not even know if final pricing is set yet and it will probably be a few months before they ship. I will keep everyone posted.

8. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And...if as original inside...maybe we will be able to get kits without all the screwups on power valve fit and pump length that have been coming through lately!

9. oldsrocket

oldsrocket

Those look awesome, but they need to leave the crap-tacular stainless plaques off of them. That always pissed me off about their newer intakes too. The stainless plates are just tacky looking. I'm all for "Made in the USA", but don't need a giant emblem to prove it. I'll take their word for it.

10. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

i know where there are boxes of 94 carbs sitting at my favorite junkyard!

11. I think I have 16 or more at home. Always used to be a $5 carb.

12. thesupersized

thesupersized

i wonder if they will also come in chrome?

13. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Notice they also show a 3x2 intake for 289/302 Fords coming this spring. That'd be pretty cool.

14. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Go te email about them this morning. I'm pretty excited about it.

15. SS Plates? Take em off. Damn, as we say in Texas, "some of us would bitch if we were hung with a brand new rope"

16. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

That's cool! Neat to see Edelbrock stepping up to the plate to continue offering old speed equipment.

17. Wouldn't it be nice if they started doing intakes for the DeSoto Hemis? The two things holding these engines back are cams and intakes. If they were to come out with these, the DeSotos would be coming out of the woodwork...

18. Any pics yet?

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

here ya go

20. You ok man? Open the pdf in the first post.

21. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

ok I've uploaded the pic twice... it's just not showing up... I guess Ryan and the German will be up late.

22. Alienbaby17

Alienbaby17

I think that's pretty neat. I wonder if they're doing it in an attempt to compete for the market for the new Strombergs. I too am curious about what these will cost. I'd guess in the $300 to $450 range but it'd be sweet if they were on the lower end of that. I'm looking forward to reading some reviews of these.

Jay

23. carbking

carbking

I see most seem excited about this project. I personally don't really understand the need. I don't go to many swap meets anymore; but when I do, LOTS of 94's, and they are CHEAP. Parts are readily available, although I see a number of complaints about imported parts, but US-produced parts (albeit more expensive than the imports) are readily available.

I, like Bruce, hope they changed the letter on the casting.

Jon.

24. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Here's the pic for those that couldn't get the PDF to open:

[​IMG]

Also, my buddy at Edelbrock says the Made in USA peels right off....

25. made in usa sticker printed in china :p naw carb looks cool

26. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Wow. New technology brings new updated materials for old parts!! I'm on this like a fat kid on cake. I'm guessing way less $$$$ than the new Strombergs. Man, I'm excited.
    Just think, a NEW carb that looks like we want it to without the fuel leaks and other problems of the old ones!! Wow!!!!! I just hope they're affordable.

27. LSGUN

LSGUN
    from TX

x2! I'm all over these if they fit into my budget.

28. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

Looks like Edelbrock is going to introduce complete 3X2 inductions like Barry Grant, and they need a carb for them. No point in doing another 97, there's already a good one and there's a cheap one. No need for another new/old style carb like the BG 2 barrel. The 94 makes sense in that light. They aren't building them for HAMBers, they are for the bolt on Street Rod guys.

29. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

It`s about time ! they have had a huge market waiting for them for years.
    dam I just got my old ones working good
    I wonder if they made any inside improvements ?
    I`m running two of the 55-57 the last ones because there bigger 1 1/16 venturis

30. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I alway's applaud new product no matter who it is aimed at buyer wise.......but I am still going to stick w/ swapmeet carbs.......and by learning how they function...learning their every comprised part and the willingness to experiment...and with allot of lovin will work just as good as them new carbs...maybe just a little better, ya never know....I think it's great the new carbs are being made by one of the original HotRod companies!.........Littleman...I'd buy them new carbs and still take them apart and violate them with the Mill and Lathe.......

[​IMG]