Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats better Sacramento Vintage Ford..or..Mac's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henrys_way, Aug 29, 2009.

1. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Hello...I was just wondering what you all think is better, Sacramento Vintage Ford...or....MAC'S. Im Looking at buying some parts for my 1951 F1. Just simple stuff...like king pis, Bearings, seals, and other Misc. parts. Nothing to serious...but important stuff.

I dont want to sacrafice quality for a cheaper price...but MAC's is considerably cheaper then Sac. Vintage.

Who do you go through?

2. I use both and have good results with each, but I tend to order from SVF... but that might be more from habit than anything else. I do not recall any difference in the quality of the parts I have ordered from either company.

3. Sac Vintage

4. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

Depends on what your budget is.

5. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Well I will pay more...if it is really worth it...

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I've had good luck with both, but you might note that Macs is a hell of allot closer to you! Even on light weight small purchases shipping adds up pretty quickly.

7. why go either place! napa online has them pn.NPC2621351010 $61.49

8. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

good point

9. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Macs for sure.they are closer to you and svf prices are rediculous.im 40 minutes from sac,and after finding macs i only buy mags from svf.unless im in a pinch.i have friends in the area who would rather use macs as well.

10. Mac's has a great set of catalogs. It's easier to find parts there than on their website.

11. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

i have had great service & parts from SVF , but shipping is a BIG consideration today . less distance , less cost , less change of damage .. steve .. 40 miles from SVF

12. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Hey...thanks guys....

I just made my order from MAC's...The price difference was just to much to go with SVF.

13. HD74

HD74

Like the truck!

14. needed tailgate for my 38' ford truck last month, svf was $100 more than where i found mine. same exact tailgate. it pays to shop.

15. I like Sac. Always have good luck with them. Although I did get a set of Flathead water pumps that leaked and filled the oilpan once, they did replace them no problem.

16. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

I prefer Mac's, but use both. Sometimes Mac's is cheaper because I don't have to pay sales tax. SVF's shipping is faster, so it depends on how bad I need the part

17. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Sac fords customer service is rumered to suck

18. I live on the other side of the world, but I can vouch for Macs service. Their shipping is immediate, and they look for the most economical shipping (unlike Speedway who ship by the most expensive method possible).

19. Dirk35

Dirk35

I got a Bed for my 35 PU from Macs. It is great! Id use them again. No experience with SVF.

20. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

21. I got a catalog from SVF this Spring. I called to verify price and availability of a part this Summer, and the price was almost TWICE what they had in the catalog. I asked, "How come?", and the lady said, "Oh, the catalog is the same one we've had for the last 5 years, and we've never changed the prices." Mac's got the order...

22. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

SVF has a giltzy catalog with lots of fancy pictures and glossy pages..MAC's is more Plain Jane.
    So SVF might need more $$ to stay fancy. More overhead to pay....graphic designers and such.....

Just a thought.....

23. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Thanks

24. modelAsteve

modelAsteve

There's lots of other GOOD people to buy from like Berts and Brattons!