Register now to get rid of these ads!

Truck with a round rear window??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fidget, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Fidget

Fidget

A friend's neighbor is moving. He told me her ex left an old truck in her garage....he was gonna fix it up! Been there a for years. He doesn't know what it is, it's buried under a bunch of garage crap, but has the remains of a wood bed on it, regular sized truck, thinks it's from the early 1900's, headlights are mounted on the fenders, wooden spoked wheels, and the rear window is a round circle. This ring a bell with anyone?

Yeah I know I'm shooting in the dark, but I'd like to maybe get an idea of what it could be before I go there.

I'm going to try to find time to head over there and take a peek at it....maybe add it to my junk collection if the price is right, and see if the wife will make good on her threat to leave me :D :D

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

doesn't matter what it is. get over there quick!!!

bring money

3. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Downside to getting it before she leaves you, if that's really what you want, is she might like it and change her mind and, stay! :eek:

4. headlights on the fenders sounds like Pierce Arrow, but no memories of a truck offered ('course, I can't remember half the things I used to...)

5. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Pierce Arrow tow truck (diecast model).

Attached Files:

6. checkedgoldtop

checkedgoldtop

I have heard of expensive cars like packards, peerless, pierce arrows, cadillacs, etc. made into wreckers and work trucks during the depression because they could take the weight. Who knows, maybe it's a duesenburg. Who cares though, if the price is wrong buy it.

7. Fidget

Fidget

Jeesh, I just realized that I labeled this thread as 'trunk', not 'truck'.

I'm an idiot. I'll prob go over there tomorrow. Doubt it's anything as nice as Pierce Arrow or an early Packard.

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

or take it with her

9. Paul

Paul
    Editor

fickstit

10. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Very early trucks usually have wooden cabs if closed cabs, c-cabs (wooden or steel), and often are chain drive depending on use, yard, hiway, local delivery.
    Rear window shape is not much of a clue because cabs were often made by local shops and installed on cowl/chassis units rather than from the factory.
    Identity is most often made by the radiator emblem or upper tank with pressed in logo up front.

11. Fidget

Fidget

Good to know. Thank you!

12. Fidget

Fidget

Paul you're my HERO!!! :D

13. Buzznut

Buzznut

Could be one of these:

1925 Ford Cab C Truck
    [​IMG]

1929 Pontiac Pickup
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

1936 International C-4
    [​IMG]

1936 Chevrolet Pickup
    [​IMG]

1937 GMC Pickup
    [​IMG]

WHICHEVER one it is...what are you waiting for?

14. Fidget

Fidget

DING DING DING! We got a winner! It's an early 1920's Model T C-Cab. Don't know where my buddy saw lights mounted on the front fenders, personally I just think he's an idiot. It appears to be mostly there.....but the $5000 price tag is waaay to high. To much for a non-running, non-rolling, rust covered project vehicle. I asked her how her ex was going to 'fix it up', she said he was going to paint it, and put it on the dirt mound in front of his shop.

15. Buzznut

Buzznut

Bummer the price tag is so unrealistic... Keep looking, there's something project worthy out there.

16. K204DR

K204DR
    from Chatt TN

are model t c cabs worth fixing up? is that something people hotrod? I been trying all afternoon to dig the cab of one out of the dirt bank by the creek but it ain't happenin. oh well. too rusty anyhow.

17. Fidget

Fidget

Dunno, but the $5k price tag is to rich for my blood. This truck has been sitting there so long, there's a rectangle of rust particles on the floor underneath it.