Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods TOOK the 34' 3/W to the SCRAP YARD today !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well,... it's official,

I won't be posting anything about the 34' Ford 3/W anymore I had enough and took it to Rifkin's scrap yard!,.... I pulled the Olds last night, loaded it on the trailer and set off on the 8 mile trip, I hesitated as I got to the gate when I seen how low the price of scrap steel was,.... thought about it for a few seconds and just pulled right in,... cause this was it !

I had to wait in line,.... then it was my turn,... I gave it one last glance before I pulled it onto the scales, but I made my mind up I had done enough with this car !

Just so you know I'm not lying,... here I am in front of Rifkin's

[​IMG]

Here I am about to pull onto the scales !
    [​IMG]

And here we are on the scales at last !
    [​IMG]

I told you I was done with this car !,......

That is,... for a year or two,..... :cool: Here it is just before I put it in it's cozy little spot in the Barn, put her pajamas on her,... and kissed her goodnight :eek::D:D:D

[​IMG]

Yeah I know,... It ain't near as cool as the "unbelievable junkyard find", but I just had to do it ! :eek::eek::D:D:D:D

Oh Yeah,... a big "Thank You" to my pals at Rifkin's !

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Everybodies a funny guy these days.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Ha ha you rascal.

4. 29SX276

29SX276

Good one!,got my attention:eek:!

5. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

So.. what's it worth?

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is that the 3Window body you found with the addition of chassis and fenders, or is that another project?

7. You're a sick lad.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

It's the same body I brought home last year,... I got this far in a couple months of piddling with it,.... and it's just been collecting dust in the shop sence then. I decided to put it away in the barn until I can dedicate some serious time to it,.... ( but I did like glancing at it while working,... it gave me that big stupid Hot Rod grin ! :D)

And BTW 327-365hp,... If I ever get desperate, I can get $73.28 for it,... Who have Thunk it ! :D

Here is my son Kory,... helped me bind it down move it and put it away,.... Both of my son's are real car guys,.....
    [​IMG]

This is it the day I found it last year.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  9. AllSteel36

AllSteel36
    from California

I did the same thing (but not to Rifkins) to my '53 Vette I had.

Damn, they wanted 30K to resore it, screw'em, I got 8- bucks in scrap, only cost me 12 in gas to get there and back.

Figured I saved $ 29992.00

10. belair

belair

You're such a tease

11. 54 savoy

54 savoy

i think my heart stopped for a minute,good one.lol,

12. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

that's pretty funny...the last guy that played a joke like that wrecked his .BTW nice 34

13. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Good God man! I had to call back 911 and tell them to forget the ambulance!!!!:eek:

I should reach through this computer and ripe your eyes out....

You gave all of us a hella of a scare.

Good thing it was a joke!!:D

14. Angliaman

Angliaman
    from Forney, Tx

What a HOOT! Bet anyone on the street seeing you pull in there, was about to jump out of the car. Can just hear them telling their friends what they saw a guy scraping today!

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I just got home from a baseball game and turned on the HAMB. The little message icon was blinking so I HAD to see who had graced me with a message. Lo and behold it was Harms Way telling me not to have a heart attack and that this thread was just a joke.
    Some joke!! If any of you recall when he found this thing I chimed in and informed him that I had missed a chance to buy that body years ago. Well.....................ever since then he has been dangling it in front of me like a piece of meat in front of a starving dog. So................when he stopped by the other day I let him look over a potential trade for the '34. I've got this '32 5w ( a mostly rust free full fendered specimen that's complete right down to the origional fenders (which ARE rust free and straight) and a perfect hood and grille shell. I thought that he might be interested in some kind of deal but it was a "no-go". So..................realizing I would never be able to come up with the amount he was asking for the '34 and after owning the '32 for 37 years and never doing anything with it I decided to take the best offer I've had for it and get it out of my sight. The guy who has been after me to sell it for the last 20+ years left with it this afternoon and I've got $3500 in my checking account that wasn't there this morning. I've sweated for years wondering if I would ever get back what I paid for it ($3000) and never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would make a $500 profit.
    So................I'm on the hunt for a new project. I know where there is a '30 model A that was run over by a road grader and has been sitting outside for the past 40 years. The guy wants $60,000 but I know he'll take $55,000 (w.o. engine or drivetrain). I'm going to the bank in the morning to see if Obama's stimulus funds have arrived yet and try to get a loan for the balance. Wish me luck.

Frank

16. Harms Way

Harms Way

You got me Frank ! :D

I was sitting here laughing so hard it was silent !,... you know the kind of laughing where your face is red, tears are rolling down your cheeks and your just making that wheezing noise, bouncing up and down in the computer chair,.... gasping for air occasionally,..... Everybody thought I was having a seizure !,.... my son threw me on the ground and my wife finally got a chance to practice C.P.R. :eek:

On a serious note,... you got $3,500 bucks for that Deuce ?,.... your my new hero !,.... And by the way, don't bother going after that Model A, (I secretly traded the 34' and $54,000. for it :cool:)

Dennis

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  17. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

uh, ryan...harms way is off his meds again...also, better check on frank while yer at it.

18. 2manytoys

2manytoys
    from Fresno

Dang, I gotta stop being so gullible.

19. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

That will be a cool build some day, you are one lucky guy!

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

DON"T EVER do that again, I thought you had gone nuts and gone over to the green side for a minute. I have heart problems as it is. :D

21. 63Compact

63Compact

Is it April 1st already!!!!!

22. junior51

junior51

i was lookin for directions to rifkins, haha

23. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

I was on my way down to Rifkin's - should have known you pullin our leg!

Never know in this Michigan economy!!

Should have sold it last year when scrap prices were higher.

24. Harms Way

Harms Way

There was a guy that had a old rusty pick up truck just overloaded with junk and a trailer made out of a truck bed that was also overloaded,... Him his wife and two little toddlers in the the front seat,.... and a dash board just loaded with McDonald's bags and wrappers,..... He said "I'll give ya' two hun-derd dollars for it that ol' car",..... his wife is yelling "you don't need to haul any more junk home !" He looks at her and said we could put that body on the mud bogger frame,... that ol' Blazer is rusted to pieces !

I had to think that deal over,.... :D

25. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Shit Man, you had me worried for minute then!

Nick.

26. M.Edell

M.Edell

Man! I was trippin there for a minute...LOL!

27. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Next thing you know, he's gonna tell us he traded it for a Fk'N Prius or some other green POS....

28. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

No...he traded a 32 coupe for the new Honda Insight - you know the whole "cash for clunkers" thing! I think it would qualify for the $4500.

29. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Dennis, you had me scared for a second! Good one!
    Dan

30. ltex old iron

ltex old iron
    BANNED

i was just waiting to scroll down and see what kind of hell everyone was going to give you but thank god its a joke..i was already screaming to the old lady in the other room to come look at how dumb of a thing someone did before i even got to the joke part..