Register now to get rid of these ads!

BAILIEGH BAIL OUT!!!! Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pins&Needles, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

Well!, thanks to all of you here on the Hamb that read all of the tech posts, as well as Baileigh Industrial. It is pretty amazing that Baileigh is willing to sponsor a tech week by giving away such valuable and useful piece of equipment. I am going to be the proud new owner of a deep throat shrinker/stretcher! I just got off the phone with Shane at Baileigh Industrial and by the end of the week I should have a new shrinker stretcher to add to my small collection of metal fabrication tools! I can't wait to start using it! Check it out!

[​IMG]

New Shrinker / Stretchers http://www.bii1.com/metal-forming/shrinker-stretcher.php

Do you know how refreshing it is to call a company to place an order for equipment and be able to talk to someone on a personal level? It is all to often that you call up a store to order something out of their catalogue, only to get some 6 dollar an hour employee just out of grade school who doesn't care a lick about you or what your ordering, nor do they have any knowledge of the product you are getting so your questions... Well... their out of the question! Well, the guys over at baileigh are the exact opposite of that! I called Shane this morning and started asking him questions about both machines and all of the details of each and he answered every one of them... Not only did he have all of the knowledge but you can tell right off the bat that he genuinely cares about the machines and the work he does. I'll tell you, that is so refreshing in a capitalist economy like our where most everyone in big business only cares about the bottom dollar. So far its been a great experience and I'm sure it will only get better... We even bullshitted a bit about cars and projects we were working on, like the upholstery in Shane's 1960 Corvair. Amazing guys over there at Baileigh! Don't believe me, give Shane a call (920-684-4990)! Order one of their catalogues their free, and talk cars and metal fabrication you'll see what I mean!

As soon as I get the machine I'll start putting up some pictures of the great work that it does!

Check out their website at: www.bii1.com

Thanks again for all the support!
    -Chris

2. jangleguy

jangleguy

Congrats Chris! You earned it. Now go shrink and stretch like the wind!

3. congrats! well deserved...enjoy your new toy...err tool

4. Well done Chris! And BIG props to Baileigh for continuing to support the HAMB with their Tech contests!!!

5. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Couldn't ask for a nicer guy to win!

Good talking with you Chris!

6. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

Congrats Chris!

7. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I spoke with Cory about ordering a shrinker/stretcher for work and he knew tons of info about the machine. I was amazed at the customer service, and we now are expecting delivery any day now. Can't wait. Enjoy your new stuff man, thanks for the great tech!

8. 4woody

4woody

I'll be over to borrow it next week...

9. chenrickson

chenrickson

I want to personal thank Astro Zombie for the nice words. I am a machinist by trade. So I see things in a lot of different light than others but I love to see the different aspects of what people can come up with. I want to see what are winner will do will his shrinker/stretcher. If you have any questions let one of us at Baileigh know and there is someone here for every application.

Cory Henrickson
    [email protected]

:D

10. Congratulations!!

11. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

YEAH!!!!! that rules dude you got my vote for shure. hit me up soon and we'll have a beer and you can show me your new toy and make me somethin. hehe. kiding... kind of...

Eric

12. Ball and Chain

Ball and Chain
    from Nor Cal

i've heard an o'douls is the key to his heart!

13. blkcat77

blkcat77

Congrats to everybody– Pins&Needles, Baileigh and the HAMB. What a great idea that everyone can benefit from.

14. autobilly

autobilly

Congratulations Pins&Needles!

15. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

Thank you Bailiegh for the outta this world prize! Great tech Pins, well deserved!

16. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

Thanks for all of the support guys all of its really appreciated. I can't wait to have that shrinker stretcher in the shop... I'll tell you what... it will definately be put through the ringer when it comes to being used!

No, No you got that all wrong! O'douls is the key into my pants! (I'm a light weight :D).

17. flamingokid

flamingokid

Congratulations.I found your piece to be the most informative and useful.I may even try it myself.

18. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

It's here!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

Well acutally, to be quite honest it got here on friday July 31st! If anyone's paying attention, that is only 4 days after the Baileigh Bailout competition ended... Now I don't know about you guys but an 83 pound package going from Wisconsin to the left coast in 4 days is ridiculously quick!... this was a Baileigh give away!, just think how fast they would ship this out for someone who paid them for it! WOW!

[​IMG]

Check out the great wrapping job these guys do!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It almost comes pre assembled for ya ready to go! It only took about 10 minutes to put the whole shrinker/stretcher together, and it was ready to use.

[​IMG]

I'll post some pics on how well the machine works in awhile! Oh and pay no attention to the wheels on the Zephyr in the background, they're just rollers!:D

19. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

I figured I would put this machine through the ringer right out of the gate! I have used the typical shrinker stretcher from habor frieght plenty. And as many of you know when your actually trying to shrink or stretch something thats thicker than 22g, and wider than an inch, those harbor freight models leave something to be desired! Well I figured I would throw a big piece of 16 gauge sheetmetal in there and see if I could start warping it into a crude bowl! That way I could test both the Jaw strength as well as the deep throat frame design. And man o' man did this machine exceed my expectations!:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

Check out the benefit of the deep thoat on this thing. You can acutally put a decent size part in the inside of the jaws and still work the piece. Its really pretty amazing.

Here I'm using the stretching dies around the outside, this was a straight piece when I started.

[​IMG]

And a quick change of the dies in seconds and you can go back to shrinking the piece. There are a lot of time that you will shrink or stretch a piece too far and have to change the dies out. Some machines take up to 20 minutes to change the dies! Not this one!

[​IMG]

I can't wait to do some acutal metal shaping for cars with this thing, I'll be bringing it over to the shop tonight so that I can start using it all the time. Next I'll try to make a speed bubble with it! I'll post some more pics soon!
    Thanks, again Baileigh!

If you guys are looking for a shrinker/ stretcher this one is definately the most bang for your buck! Check them out! @ www.bii1.com

Or contact Shane!

Shane Henderson
    Baileigh Industrial
    [email protected]
    www.bii1.com
    920-684-4990

New Shrinker / Stretchers http://www.bii1.com/metal-forming/shrinker-stretcher.php

[​IMG]

21. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

There has been a mistake actually the 4th place guy gets it instead....

22. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Ha Ha !

Good luck on the next contest!