Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Started my hot rod....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thrashingcows, Mar 29, 2009.

1. ...Kinda.

Well I just picked up a 1952 331 Hemi that will be mated to a A833 OD tranny for my rod...when I get one.:eek:

So if I can go into a bit of a yarn on what happened to get my Hemi home...;)

I have been looking for a Hemi online for a while and finally found one for the right price around 100 miles away. I was to take my truck down to get said motor but a couple days before departure it drops a couple lifters..:( So I call on a couple buddies and see if I can get a truck...no go. So now I'm left with only one option...take my 68 Chrysler Town And Country wagon down to pick up this motor!!!

I spent a couple days trying to figure out how I was going to load everything into my wagon..finally found a solution...won't go into it here...and set off saturday morning to get the motor.

Luckly the motor was apart so loading it was not bad. Wagon made it down and back with no problems...even after being in winter storage for several months!!:D

So now I will share the pictures....
    [​IMG]

All loaded up and at home.

[​IMG]

Looking into the belly of the beast.

[​IMG]

Comfortably sitting in it tire.

2. So here is what I got.

A 1952 331 Hemi extended bellhousing motor. Originaly pulled from a chrysler passenger car as a spare motor for a farmers dump truck. Motor was torn down and the heads were rebuilt about 25 years ago, and that is how it sat until the guy I got the motor from pulled it out of the guys barn, with the heads still in the plastic bags from the machine shop!!

[​IMG]

Here it is fresh out of the back of the wagon. Cylinder walls look great with no major rust or scouring. Spins freely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the rebuilt heads. They have new seats on intake and exhaust, new intake valves, guides, dual springs, and seals. The exhaust valves look like the were just cleaned and re-used, except for one that was replaced.

[​IMG]

Could help myself...:D

[​IMG]

Came with a 6 volt starter and bottom section of the bellhousing.

[​IMG]

Two 6 volt genrators and a matched set of round port manifolds and a single square port manifold.

[​IMG]

Also came with a spare cam in great condition. And I forgot to grab a pic but also came with an original chrysler dual point dizzy!!

So now I have to find shop space to rent so I can seriously start looking for a project car.

Cheers.:cool:

3. Slostang

Slostang

well looks like a good start on a project . good luck finding a car to put it in.

4. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Alright! Keep us posted on the rockers and the rest of the build up. I will keep adding your info as you go.

5. haymaker

haymaker
    from Enid, OK

I've got the perfect rod to put that in. MINE!!!! LOL Good luck to ya and nice find on the motor.

6. Thanks for the kind words guys...I had to pass on a nice cherry 1930 Chrysler mordor that was all complete and original for $2200, because I have no were to store it....:(