Register now to get rid of these ads!

My ranchero got hit!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thesupersized, Jan 29, 2008.

1. thesupersized

thesupersized

(update further down)

leaving my gfs tonight i go outside and see my daily driver 1960 ford ranchero destroyed...note on the window from cop about police report....talked to cop said it was hit and run and the guy hit 4 other cars besides mine... mine being the first and most powerful impact.. saw yeah my car's driver side quarter is completely whiped out.

anyone have a 60-1ish ford ranchero for cheap parts car or something?
    i know this should prolly go in the classifieds but i seriously need a parts car quick...this is my daily driver!!!

pictures to follow...not that anyone wants to see any old car smashed.
    damn...i just changed the wheels and tires like 2 days ago.
    i put original single rib M/t Raders in the front and chrome reverse in the back

here's a picture of right before i owned it, i put the stock seat back in, took the 85 mustang seats out...

[​IMG]

im pissed.

2. falcongrrrl

falcongrrrl
    from Brooklyn

ahh man sooo sorry! This happened to my friend too. He woke up and could not find his car then looked on his neighbors yard to find it upside down. Someone plowed into it so hard it actually rolled it. I will keep an eye out. Up to 62 will work yes? Is it just the front panel?

3. That sucks, hope you find another one.

4. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Have a friend with a couple bodies down here in the Dallas area..

Mark

5. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

dude, so sorry to hear of the bad news. If you are like me, you don't have insurance. Did they catch the scum bag that hit you ? Hopefully yes and hopefully he has an insurance policy. Go to the police department as soon as you can to get a copy of the report. If they found him you want to be first in line to go after whatever assets he has.

6. You just bought that, didn't you? Post some crime scene pictures.

7. dude that sucks,hope the castrat the bastard!

8. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Thats a shame, sorry for your loss man.
    I'll keep an eye out for some parts.

9. that sux, rip his nut sack off and make a coin purse out of it.

10. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Everyone should post threats on the internet.

11. threats? you really think hes gonna rip off someone's sack on our recommendation?
    good stuff indeed.

12. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

that sucks man...if you were closer i'm sure i could round some pieces up.

13. preach

preach

That sucks man.

Same thing happened to my wife's SUV a year or so back. Court ordered damages but they sucked to collect.

Best of luck.

14. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Take it to the bodyshop and let them worry about finding one. That blows, last time I got a hit and run I only lost a tailight lense and a little bit of paint. No one cares around here.

15. thesupersized

thesupersized

well....haven't found the guy that hit it yet, and insurance company said i get no money, so here's some pictures..and thinking about putting the teardrop hoodscoop thats in the bed on the hood...what do you think..oh yeah and it has chrome reverse and RADERS now i got them cheap from conklin, the outside rim was rusty so i had to put them...i won some bullets for the raders on ebay the other day for 10 bucks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here's the better side...it was starting to get there...no mustang seats, no mullet wheels, no mullet ratchet shifter...then BAM!!!! smashed

[​IMG]

16. poorboy

poorboy

ouch man, sorry

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Damn that sucks man. Fuckin insurance companies are scum

18. eric

eric

Ouch!! thats a pretty big love tap, but hell, you were on the right track. fix the quarter panel and get her back on the road dude!

19. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Same thing happend to my buddys 65 falcon ranchero! hit in the drivers side rear and smashed it into the car in front of it, guy ran, left his car, owner said sold it to the guy two weeks earlyer, guy still at large four years later and cops have his name!!!!!!!

20. Why is your insurance company saying you'll not get any money? Just liability? I know it sucks to have to run that way sometimes :(

What sucks the worst is that the scumbags who do this kinda shit will get a slap on the wrist, at most.

True justice is illegal...and somehow the powers that be have convinced a large segment of the population that it's immoral to do anything about it.

I'm glad to know people with backbones still exist though...both here and where I lived in TN; if some "oppressed" or emo dumbass pulled a stunt like that, they'd get their ass kicked, and the authorities would tell them they should watch where they were going.

The remark about making a coin purse out of their scrotum sounds a bit harsh...but c'mon, it's nothing more than a display of camaraderie, not like anyone's really gonna de-nut someone...

[​IMG]

:eek::eek::eek: :D:D:D

21. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

22. Here are some links to used Ranchero's and parts for sale. I didn't follow them all but it's a place to start looking for a parts car. Hope they find the jerk that hit your car and you can get some money out him (some cash would come in a lot handier than a nut sack anyway!)

http://classifieds.carforums.net/map.php?make=FORD&model=RANCHERO

http://www.automotix.net/partshotline-ford-ranchero-requests.html

http://denver.craigslist.org/car/524930403.html

http://www.fordmuscle.com/forums/classifieds/

http://www.mre-books.com/cgi-bin/teemz/teemz.cgi?board=_master&forum=Cars_for_Sale

http://www.mre-books.com/cgi-bin/te...ction=opentopic&topic=109&forum=Cars_for_Sale

23. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Sorry to see your baby all smashed like that. I hope you can find some parts and get her going again, damn nice Ranchero!

24. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Man sorry to see this happened to your ride.Hope they catch the dummy.

25. have you kept the list of all the other car hit ?
    somebody will find out who did it and get them to pay....some way

CSI HAMB !!!!

26. Seriously man, I hope you get her all fixed and back on the road soon, I've been trying to get hold of my old falcon/comet/ranchero ppl, but apparently they've all died ?!?!?

This is the HAMB, the resources here are numerous, and people willing to help...all will be fine :D

27. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ouch, I was going to say that you might see if anyone in the area has a dozer to pull the fender back in some sort of shape but it looks pretty well torn.
    Some farm boy engineering might pull it back to where you can stick a light on it and drive it untill you can get a decent quarter.

Destralo Roach: Hey no fair springing that signature on me when I have a cup of coffee in my hand and just took a drink. Cleanup project on the keyboard and screen now.

28. HemiDave

HemiDave
    from Austin, TX

Man, that's bad. Sorry to hear it. Hope it works out somehow...

Dave

29. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

That tear drop is WAAAAAAAAAAAY to big for your hood.