Register now to get rid of these ads!

magnesium colored paint..?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Revhead, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

I am guessing eastwood makes it and maybe others, but does anyone have any pictures of it on something to show what it looks like?

2. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Yes, Eastwood Factory Gray High temp header coating is the perfect mag color. Yellow label/blue print.

My digi is down so no pics, but it's exactly the right color and texture.

3. We use this. Looks great, even on exhaust manifolds too. If you want to refresh, it rinses right off w/Gunk engine degreaser.

[​IMG]

4. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

groucho.. that stuff stays on in normal conditions? pretty cool, never seen itbefore

5. Moonglow

Moonglow

cool............

6. Yes, and it has a great color. If you don't like it, it rinses with Gunk engine degreaser. So, you're not stuck with it. But, without help, it'll stay put. Me and my buddies use it on our "mags". Once in a while we'll rinse em with Gunk and refresh them. On exhaust manifolds, it stays on and don't discolor, unless you Gunk the engine compartment. Just reapply and go.

7. Tried it - a different brand though and it looks awesome! I actually used it on real magnesium wheels too:D

Steve

8. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

what brand steve? cause I can't find McKay for sale anywhere..

9. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

10. brandon

brandon

i use some spray can stuff called steel wheel and another called nu cast ...both have a good mag look...the front wheels :D are painted......brandon :D

Attached Files:

11. Went to Napa and bought Gunk brand Dry Graphite spray lubricant - nice color, very high pressure though and hard to control without runs but it looks great once it's under control...

Steve

12. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Reviving an old thread, if used on carb bodies for coloring, will the fuel sooner or later remove it like the Gunk degreaser?