Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does your club have annual dues and if so, how much?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ROADRAT EDDIE, Jun 26, 2007.

1. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

We've been getting along for a few years now without them but as it gets bigger it would be nice to have some operating capital.....Was wondering what you pay or receive if you're in charge, what does it get you if you're a member, do new members pay more initially to cover shirts, plaques, etc.......Thanks

2. CruZer

CruZer

Our club ( Night CruZers of Berkshire County ) charge $25 to join and the same per year. We set up a local embroidery place with our logo and let people buy there own jackets,etc.
    The dues take care of insurance and reg. on our trailer,phone and postage bills,but our real money comes from 50/50 raffles that we do at our cruise nights and one car show.Plus we charge business / towns to do a cruise night for them.
    Then we give all of the $$$ away to local charities that we don't spend on expenses. It keeps the fighting over the $$$ to a minimum.

3. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

We have a one time fee of $500 plus $45/month thereafter. If you have a spot in the garage for working on your car, it's an additional $75. Plus you are expected to make a contribution monthly into the nuts/bolts/welder gas fund.
    It's a 50 year old club and there are a lot of wanna-be potential members. The $500 up front tells us how interested they are in becoming a member.

4. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Our club is very loose and barely a club. Sometimes I think it would be good to charge a little to weed out the wannabe's and dead wieght. But other times I feel that clubs ARE for seals.

5. In my club, the new wanna be club members have to let the rest of us have sex with their wives/girlfriends. community property you know.

Perhaps that's why I'm the only member.

6. $24 year dues. Everyone pays the same. When you join you get a hat. Shirts are same price for everyone member or not. We have one big show a year to raise money and this year we are raffleing off a '84 vette in Dec.

7. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

I'm part of the Lone Wolves (Long Island - New York) and our fees aren't that bad. We pay 10 bucks a month, and it goes towards our Christmas party at the end of the year, and it also gets shirts, and jackets and hats made for us.

See you on the road.

-Rick

8. retro54

retro54
    from PA

With the Flyers, the dues run something like .15 to .20 cents a week.. of course that's from the 1940's... (we have copies of meeting mintues back to the club's inception) :)

Today, we are just a group of friends... no dues needed... as soon as there are dues involved, it's too serious and no fun for us.

of course, you do have to pony up the Cost (no proffit) for the Club plaque and if you want some shirts, you pay cost for them as well. but shirts are non-manditory.

9. MBL

MBL

We don't pay dues...but there is this requirement where the Anal Intruder 3000 is involved...
    Tim
    MBL

10. One of the clubs I was in back in CA had $10 a month dues. That would help pay for things like shirts or parts when an emergency happened. Anything left over was beer money for Paso...

11. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

they're only non-manditory for the women......
    shirts ARE manditory for the men....just dont have to say FLYERS:D

dues were 15¢ a week...
    Bill Farren sold his car for $200 in 1942
    a guestimated value of $30,000 now
    the dues would be $22.50 a week....phew! thats $90 bucks a month!!

12. Nailheadv8

Nailheadv8

We are the Cruisin' Fifties South Bay Inc.
    Our club is dedicated to the preservation, use, and enjoyment of pre 1973 Vehicles.:cool:
    This is our 25th year in operation.
    We fund our non-profit club with a monthly cruise and an annual big show. Our donations help to fund several local groups and a children's wing at a local hospital.
    Our club charges $25 to join and the same annually to renew. A monthly newsletter is sent to all members.
    Members may place auto related ads in the newsletter for free. Our sponsors and advertisers offer special discounts or deals to our members.;)

13. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

We do $20 a month, and all members pay for their jackets, plaques, and shirts. if they get the boot, they owe all club stuff back to the club. If you lose any club stuff, its costs double to get new!

MetalMike
    Screamin Demons C.C.

14. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Useful suggestions so i'll add more fuel to the fire....What and who determines who gets tossed.....Lack of participation?....Homosexuality?....Body odor?

15. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

Our club, the Coastal A's, charges $20 a year membership. You buy everything like T's and stuff. The money goes towards the annual Memorial Day Fun Run which is a benefit show with proceeds going to the local Driscoll Childrens Hospital. It is a club of good hearted older folks with a lot of decent rods. No hell raisers, rat rods or that sort of thing. The fun is clean and the club doesn't promote drinking as part of the program but if you want a beer, have at it. It's a good club with a good purpose and that's to help cripple and very sick children. What better cause than that?

16. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

We don't have dues at all, we discussed them before, we only have 6 members, it takes a year to become a member (question your club loyalty)
    afterwards a 6 month probation to make sure we made the right decision.
    We offer our member first dibs on parts, cars being sold (We give each other the parts most of the time) When we throw our car show or other functions we all pitch in, generously.

People will get thrownn out for lack of participation in club functions; cruising together, swap meets, salvage yards etc.. That's why we came up with the rules up top. Oh and just to make sure we have that right person, we have the fellow club member ask the club for permission to prospect an individual into the club, and if they become a member you have to pay for their jacket shirt etc.. This really makes people think twice about who you really want in your club...

We are a very close, a family first, then a club...

17. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

chuklehead al has the right idea, lets see who lasts, and shows up at club events on a REGULAR basis.

18. RacerRick

RacerRick

One club I am a member of has fees of $1000 a year. That gets you a secure alarmed heated indoor storage, and full shop access 24/7.

Our shop is pretty good too - a couple of hoists, tubing benders, sheet metal brake, sheet metal shear, MIG, Plasma cutter, torches, Vertical mill, blast cabinet, corner weight scales, etc, and we are looking at getting a good tire machine and balancer, and a bead roller.

The money we put in goes towards shop consumables like mig gas and wire, and the buildings bills, and new tools.

We also have a waiting list.

19. The Dude

The Dude

Screw that, wouldn't have any money to work on my stuff after giving it all to the "club" and it sounds more like a business for people (suckers) who need to buy their friends for that kinda money (maybe it is a car club for ex-fratboys). $500 up front and then $45 a month! Yeah I am sure it works great for running off poseurs but it also probably runs off a bunch of cool, for real guys too. A prospect/ reference system like ChuckleHead_Al's club makes more sense as it keep the pricks out and builds a club of people of like-minded intentions.

The only thing I could see paying so much would be if it is like RacerRick's "club" (which sounds like it is as much a cooperative as a club) and the money covers use of a shop that is shared (I assume the need for the additional $75 means that is not the case in your club). I guess in short I am wondering where the $1040 bucks you have to shell out in that first year goes.

20. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Freinds shouldn't 'charge' to hang out with each other...........IE: good clubs have no dues.....you pay your dues with the skills you bring to help others in the club........

21. no money involved for us....but there is a ritual act you must do.....

22. Our dues are $30 annually and includes family members. Twenty of that goes to National and the rest stays local. We host two shows each year in addition to a garage sale to raise funds which we use to support ministry work. We are a interdenominational group that is not affiliated with any one faith. Most of the funds we raise go to support a group home at a local childrens home for teens from troubled backgrounds and all proceeds from one of the shows is contributed to a group that supports needy familys in one of the local communities.

The local club hosts the spring picnic (supplies meats) and publishes a quarterly newsletter but members pay for their own shirts, jackets, plaques, etc.

Larry
    http://www.okchristianrodsandcustoms.com

23. retro54

retro54
    from PA

I'll have to get zach aka surhrsc to see what our meeting minutes say... I do know that there is a series of entrys where the club kicked out one member, but can't remember why.. haha.. it's so cool to have these pieces of history.

24. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

The Road Zombies cc charges a few to join (not sure at the moment) and the same per year. We have 14 current members. To become a member, a fellow club member asks the club for permission to prospect an individual into the club, then after a year of attending car shows and club meetings (monthly), your voted in by the entire club. If one becomes a member they have to pay for their club plaque, shirt and jacket plus embroidery. Once a member leaves or is asked to leave nicely (by being voted out as well), he's able to sell all his stuff back to the club and may not keep it. No other chapters in others states, just Norcal Bay area is where the club is situated.
    We do have a set of rules as well, just so everyone is on the same page and know what their commitments are. Everyone in our club is awesome, stoked and honored to be apart of it!

25. PollockzRodz

PollockzRodz

Damn givin money to people to hang with them or to build a club car. How does the whole club fit into that car when its all done and built haha I may be greedy I guess but Id rather build my own and be on my own then pay to hang with the fellas.

26. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

No dues, rules, or fools........

27. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

We don't charge our friends to hang out with us and we don't have selfish agendas:(

all the money goes back into the club so we can have cool parties and events for others, we see none of the profit, it's all for the enjoyment of others, just like a club should be!

If you understand how businesses work, you'll understand that it takes cash to make things and it just doesn't come to you for free.

Clubs are not for everyone ...first you have to like hanging out with other people, be willing to sacrifice for other people and be willing to be committed to other people.

Plaques, shirts, jackets, club events and shows ...etc. all cost money and it has to come from somewhere!

It's not just money we give to the club to help support it, it's our time as well:)

If life revolves only around you and your car, then that's cool and a club is not right for you because you'd end up being the one getting kicked out anyways.

It's a group effort to make a club run smoothly. We enjoy it and all it has to offer.

28. eye bone

eye bone

Don't do it! You'll deeply ruin some perfectly good freindships.

29. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

$100 to join $50 per year. .......... but a club is more than paying dues. our club do things together, we go to cruise nites / shows, go out to eat before or after a show. work on our cars together. in my opinion you do no want just dues paying members. ... p.s. we only keep $500 in our prudent reserve after expenses the rest go out to charity.

30. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

What's wrong? Nobody even willing to let you probate? If you are not in to the club thing, that is cool, but we don't go pokin fun at guys that are not in clubs so why don't you keep to yourself. Don't go trying to be an intenet tough guy on me, I'm sure your keyboard has been kicking ass for many years.