Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have these wheels?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DragginWagon, Oct 30, 2006.

1. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

If so what brand are they? How much? And where did you buy them?
    They are on ebay with no brand name. Thinking about these on my wagon.

thanks

Attached Files:

• 13_1.jpg
      13_1.jpg
      File size:
      23.5 KB
      Views:
  2. They look like Mehelich or maybe Cruzer wheels

3. i e-mailed the guy this is what he said they are "mystejic" thats his spelling i couldn't find anything on the web.

4. Big Olds Dog

Big Olds Dog

Mystejic I think is a defunct J.A. Pan wheel company that put out some decent knockoffs of classic AMERICAN wheels Buddy of mine has some JAP made 5 spokes that look identical to mid 70's E.T.'s
    Might be Wrong but maybe not

5. Antibilly bought some of them (or knock-offs) for this '62 before Shiftymutt got it.
    [​IMG]

6. jetmek

jetmek

i was gonna guess cruzr wheels i got a set new from summit and so far no complaints...

7. LowFat48

LowFat48

American racing makes some like these called the hopster

8. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

They're Chinese-made copies of the wheels that Dave Mehelich used to make, which were like a Halibrand Sprint with bigger windows. Dave Mehelich is a neat guy.

Dave Mann
    http://www.roadsters.com/

9. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Im using these on the vicky drag car , they are chinese and actually balance perfectly and are true as any yuou will find, ebay 4 at about 400 bucks cant beat the price, i am having mine sandblasted tomorrow and powder coated with titanium color in and out ...stay tuned

Attached Files:

10. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

do you know the guys user name on ebay? what size is that in your pic?

thanks

11. old beet

old beet

At one time a few years ago, we had the last set of Dave's wheels in the shop. Customer paid $4900, but the knock off were there too. Boxes were un opened, wouldn't let us look.........OLDBEET

12. I remember seeing the wheels when Antibilly had it but did he or shifty mutt? Put on the bellflowers?

13. zealot9802

zealot9802
    from SoCal SFV

14. thespeedshop*ca

15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

i just search with gasser , and they are 15x4 frt and 15x10 rear

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. brandon

brandon

mejestic (sp) 787's.....also got them out now in a 4" bolt pattern ....for the a body mopar crowd.....i keep telling the guy i get them from they need a 16x8....brandon

18. leadsled01

leadsled01

I bought a set at Summit racing, on the scratch and dent table for $400. The sales tag said $900 for a new set. No name on mine, and no made in country. Two days later I was at a swapmeet and found a dealer selling them for $400 a set. Oh well..

19. I put the Bellflowers on it...I also repainted the white and fixed the bodwork (not shown in the pictures).

20. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

Who do you get them from. I have done searches and can't find these anywhere. All I can find is the Cruze wheel for like 250. I need 15x7 4bs 4 3/4. Like 4.5s for the front. I emailed two dealers on ebay. One can get the 4.5s one can get the 7s.:confused: Like to get them from same place.

21. rebstew187

rebstew187

i like those wheels.Billy Gibbon(ZZ Top) has them on one of his cars I believe.seen it in a add I think(hopsters maybe)

22. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

I looked at the American Hopster for my trailer, but it didn't offer the offset I needed, plus the face is bowed out. What I found (and wound up buying) are American Rodmasters. They don't advertise them, and unless you're looking for them, you probably wouldn't find them. Looks more Halibrand than Mehelich (wider spoke). Decent wheel at a good price. (no they're not mounted, they go on the other boat trailer)
    [​IMG]

23. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

what does the regular center cap look like for the rodmaster?

24. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

The standard cap is just a chromed plastic push in tapered cap. Like the old US Indy's (but without the ears) I'll take a pic tonight, but I cut the end off to clear the Bearing Buddy's on my trailer. You'll still get the idea.
    They also have fake knockoffs available for big $$$

25. henrygasser

henrygasser
    from missouri

hello here is the only place i have found on the net that sells them http://www.willyshotrods.com/AGASWHEELS.htm i havenot bought any from them but i think there are a few on here that have but not forsure henrygasser

26. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

Gotcha!

27. DragginWagon

DragginWagon
    from Tyler,Tx.

thanks! He checking on the backspacing for me.

28. brandon

brandon

i get them through one of my wheel suppliers.....the deal on getting one size or another .....is pretty common for these wheels....i bought 5 pairs....and got all 5 pairs....went to get another pair of 4.5's.....and were "still on the boat" as the guy would say.....i can check tomorrow when i am at the shop on wheel avalibility....pm me the details....(size and bolt pattern ) ....thanks brandon

29. Shane T.

Shane T.

I've got tons of 14x6 5x4.75 patterned ones on the shelf cheap. Need the warehouse space. What would anybody give for 100 of them, or any smaller quantity. Seriously I need to move these. Sorry to hijack the thread.
    Shane T

30. 53burb

53burb

My wheels. KNUX!

Attached Files: