Register now to get rid of these ads!

2013 Hot Rod Revolution - It's Gonna Happen...

Discussion in 'Hot Rod Revolution' started by Ryan, Sep 16, 2013.

1. 46stude

46stude

Dammit- was hoping my '62 T-Bird would be ready to roll for the trip to Gruene. Just ain't gonna happen this year. We coulda had the "Bird Invasion" in the preferred parking area. ;)

2. We'll hook em up at Roundup, if i don't come down to Rockport.

3. AustinThunderbird

AustinThunderbird
    from Austin, TX

haha I like the idea of a Bird Invasion! We need to make that happen

ThunderRocket I went with the Accents of Gruene place.. not too far away and private rooms with a jacuzzi tub (for um, relaxing.. ya relaxing thats it) http://www.accentsofgruene.com

4. ShiftyRat

ShiftyRat

So got my car accepted and paid my fee. Never received any paperwork or directions. Do we just show up, or is there some organizational paperwork I am missing. Thanks for the help.

5. Ryan said he was just starting to mail out the packets. It will have all the information in it.

6. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Tudor Jeff, something is always going on at the Top Notch burger stand on Burnet Rd just south of Anderson Lane in Austin. But Gruene is a very old little town with lots of stuff to do, right on the Guadalupe River.

7. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The grilled cheese would make the taco "fold".

8. tred

tred

we'll be there!
    don't know if the new carbs will be ready for the ford in time, so I may have to walk through the front gate...

damn that sucks.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  9. Rusty

Rusty

Paid up!!!! I'm ready!!!

10. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

I received my packet today thanks Ryan. Guess people outside of Austin will see then tomorrow.Looking forward to the show. Just got a small engine issue to fix now.

11. Can't enter my car since it's post '48. Thinking about driving down to spectate. Is there a good inexpensive place to stay near the show?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Miss Information

Miss Information
    from Austin, TX

13. Nicely done...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. nyd

nyd
    from TEXAS

I agree on some of the cars but some are works of art that are just as reliable as what ever you drive. I just built one under three grand in less than thirty days and drove it 1000 miles the day i finished it...i take poeples choice at shiny car shows and the problem is the 100,000 car owner cant stand it..

15. Texas Turkey

Texas Turkey
    from Texas

For Oky with Merc--Don't know about above Waco but OK from there on--Just go past Blanco and take FM 306 directly to Gruene Rd--you go directly past my house as I front 306--turn rt on Gruene and go a few blocks

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  16. MichaelG

MichaelG

There is a possibility of a slow down north of Ft Worth and around Hillsboro, lots of construction. We ran into it North of Ft Worth coming back from Pistons and Paint. We were able to get around it and "only" added 45 minutes. We talked to some others that got caught in it and it took an hour and a half.

17. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Yes indeed, yes indeed...

I'll be doin my usual hitchin east across 46.
    Hide your keys.

18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, StrayKat Kustoms, U.S. 281 is Merc friendly and much less populated than I 35. Good idea to take 46 E, (turn left to it) and proceed to New Braunfels, then just asked anyone where Gruene is. Good luck.

19. 36tbird

36tbird

My google says, 46 to loop 337 going east. Take Rock St. exit which will lead you to Gruene Rd..

20. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

What 36tbird says. As a local, I can tell you that's the simplest, easiest rout from US 281 and SH 46.

21. Texas Turkey

Texas Turkey
    from Texas

46 is out of your way --fm 306 goes direct to within 4 blocks of Gruene--plus if you're coming from the north 46 is about 15 miles past 306 toward San Antonio--46 is closer if you're coming from SA--Is show on river at tubing parking? We have 100% chance of rain Friday and 50% on Saturday

22. Texas Turkey

Texas Turkey
    from Texas

4:45 on Thursday 21st--went to Hot Rod Revo site and it has been cancelled because of weather--CHECH SITE BEORE TRAVELING

23. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Where is everybody? It's cold and lonely down here by the river.