Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #41
Chili Phil
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: Why do people think it's okay to break into my truck???

Old geezers don't understand the rusty patina fad. They probably thought your truck was lawn art or an abandoned wreck. Not everyone "gets" the Make it look like it just pulled out of a field after 50 years style. They're not driving rusty mobility scooters, you know.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #42
porknbeaner
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWatson View Post
That is fucking incredible! What the hell was going through their minds?? There goes the 'respect your elders' ethos, if the Cop's don't do anything I think I would hire a P.I. and hunt these pricks down!

Doc.
I doubt that the cops would be a necessary part of the equation and they are most likely locals. I would just go back and when I saw them I would thump them. Of course no one is going to say anything if I do it, I'm crippled.

I used to live in a rough part of town and didn't lock my truck because I didn't want anyone to break a window out. I was in the convenience store one night about 10 or 11 and this tall superfly lookin guy walks in and days, " hey playah thers a N#*&#r in yo truck." So I walked out and sure enough there is the Pusher with the door hangin open and this butt stickin out at me. So I did the natural thing and planted my sized 11 boot right square in the middle of its man taint. The butt turns into a writhing bit of man flesh and says, " What you did?" I said, "did you forget something in my truck?" he says, "Dis TJs truck." So I planted my 11 in the middle of his face and said, " Tell TJ Benno just kicked yo black butt, now stay the hell out of my truck."

I went back inside and Superfly says," well player, no one gonna git in yo truck anymore." and then he grinned and says, "I save yo place in da line." I payed for my ciggs and his 40. He thanked me and when I went outside TJs friend was no longer there but my my truck was closed up and everything was still inside. Superfly and I drank his 40 before I went home.

I hate to say it but in this world you just got to be an ass on occaision.

No man crosses a chasm in two jumps
Old 05-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #43
Mr48chev
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne'erdowell View Post
I think they were on a field trip from the home and their chaperone went to take a pee
I think that you may have nailed it pretty close. My guess is that there was a bus from some sort of SR citizen home sitting not that far away.

Dealing with the public in public setting at work every day I can also relate to gents that age having a sense of entitlement that they believe puts them above the rules that are set for others. The "I'm over ____ I don't have to follow regular rules" thing unfortunately is real.

And then maybe it's just time to get rid of the "patina" that you are proud of and slick it out a bit so old farts won't think it was abandoned in the parking lot.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #44
sgtlethargic
Old School HAMBer

Reparations?
Old 05-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #45
sodbuster
Old School HAMBer

I have to ask: Why do you have a "dash camera" on your truck? Does it get broke into alot? I just don't see the point of your post other than a bunch of old guys that can be ID'd with a camera.

Chris