Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 08-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #21
Roadsters.com

Default Re: Is Deuce Factory still in business?

Here's a 2002 article about Roy Fjastad from Draglist.com:

Quote:
Roy Fjastad: Drag Racing Innovator

By Dave Tuttle

Roy Fjastad was one of five notable Dragster Chassis builders here in the San Fernando Valley. A lot of folks think he built the P&S steering boxes and spindles we still use today. He didn't. That outfit is now called TAK Machine in San Gabriel (formerly P&S Machined Products)

Roy was the first to build what's known today as "Cookie Cutter Cars." His fixtures were set up so that he could build a left and right side in one operation and plug them together in another. Where he really deserves credit is for having all the tabs stamped and mass-produced so he could sell them to other builders. He could pop them out in a hurry! My first car in 1980 was a "Roy Car" that we found to be the old Beach Boys car of Jim Busby's.

Barry Kaplan gave me an SPE brochure from 1969 or so. His base car with axles, brakes, shorty body, and aluminum can sold for just over 1500 bucks! His top of the line car included a Mag motor plate, Mag 3rd member, front wheels, a full Hanna body, and Tony Nancy upholstery. The price...2400 bucks! Larry Bowers told me that's why he bought a new one every year!

Around 1972 or '73, Roy sold the SPE line to Dave Russell of Russell Performance, best known for his hoses and fittings. Herm Peterson's law suit probably had something to do with that. Although Russell never built any cars, we builders could still get the hardware we'd always used through him.

In the mid to late 1980s, Russell sold the line to Ken Cox, who soon after closed down his chassis operation and still uses the SPE name today. He has expanded his line to include some first class billet components at reasonable prices along with many of the same stamped tabs from the beginning. Funny thing is, all the stampings still have the same names as they did for Roy's front motored diggers!

Roy went on to start the Deuce Factory and was the first to sell repro '32 Ford frame rails along with a complete line of Street Rod suspensions. That company was sold to his son and from there, Roy formed Full Bore Products. He builds those trick wrenches for adjusting valves and Dzus fasteners that use an Allen wrench instead of a screwdriver. Roy is also very active in Bonneville, Land Speed Racing. He was last year's President of the Bonneville 200 mph Club and runs a Streamliner as well as a Modified Roadster.

Dave Tuttle
http://www.dragsters.net/
Here's an article about Roy on Nitrogeezers:
http://www.nitrogeezers.com/Roy%20Fjastad.htm

When Roy isn't at Bonneville, here's where you can find him:

Roy Fjastad
Full-Bore Race Products
424 W. Rowland Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92707
(714) 436-0822
http://www.fullborerace.com/

Dave Mann
http://www.roadsters.com/
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:15 AM   #22
hotroddon
Old School HAMBer

Default Re: Duece Factory still in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrw32 View Post
Ever think that Roy is getting older as the years go by? Time changes everyone and you look at things a little different.I know I do and am seeing more and more of smart asses coming in to my shop and think they know more than anyone or want something for nothing.As someone else here stated that Sr. put a lock on the door I'm assuming that there is a Jr. Many Jr.s have tried to come behind Sr and just screw every thing up.Maybe that is the case here....Hate to see them closed as they had a GOOD name in the industry.Hope Roy enjoys his retirement!!!!!!!!!
Actually Roy Jr has a seperate company called Deuce Ranch (I think that's the name) that does frames and turn key cars. Huntington Beach. Jay and Lisa were the ones running Deuce Factory and after a couple of dealings with them, let's just invoke the If you don't have anything nice rule ...

Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 AM   #23
RF

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotroddon View Post
Actually Roy Jr has a seperate company called Deuce Ranch (I think that's the name) that does frames and turn key cars.
West Coast Street Rods.

And for what it's worth, the yet-to-be-mentioned Fjastad family member, Carl, ultimately assumed the frame portion of the business (Deuce Frame Co.) a while back, but I don't believe he's still operating things as he was in years past.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #24
ja992
FNG

Found this in the classified section
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...=deuce+factory
Old 08-13-2008, 11:31 AM   #25
hotroddon
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF View Post
West Coast Street Rods.

And for what it's worth, the yet-to-be-mentioned Fjastad family member, Carl, ultimately assumed the frame portion of the business (Deuce Frame Co.) a while back, but I don't believe he's still operating things as he was in years past.

That's right it is West Coast Street Rods - Brain Fart! Thanks

Old 08-16-2008, 01:35 AM   #26
englishrodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja992 View Post
Found this in the classified section
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...=deuce+factory
Thanks,
Interesting that....
33 Ford Pick-up - 39 Ford Running gear, Rodded in the 50's, orig CO Push Car
39 Ford Sedan - Rodded in 53... the "Family car"
Old 06-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #27
jazracing
FNG

The Deuce Frame Factory
Phone 714-828-5932
8440 Cerritos Avenue, Unit D
Stanton, CA 90680

While working for the Deuce Factory, Carl built all the 32 Ford frames (over 200) from 1977 through 1985. Created in 1976 by Roy and Pat Fjastad, the Deuce Factory grew into a major supplier of high quality parts and suspension kits for 1928 through 1934 Fords. In order to concentrate on the parts business, Roy decided to separate the frame division in 1985. Carl, the oldest son, was given the great opportunity to take over the frame business.
Fast forward to 2008 - Deuce Frame Company owned and operated by Carl Fjastad is expanding. Besides manufacturing top quality 1932 Ford frames and complete chassis we are now offering a selection of top quality frame parts, brackets, and suspension kits. We will be adding new parts as they become available, so keep your eyes on us as we grow our new product line.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 PM   #28
lemonicedeuce
FNG

Cool Re: Duece Factory still in business

Try this..http://www.deuceframe.com/products.html >>..I think that this is all that is left in any way shape or form. I heard the SS guy went to SO Cal.
Cheers,
Lemon Ice Deuce
Old 10-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #29
studearch
Grenade Inspector

Anyone have any update on Carl or Roy Fjastad or the status of the Deuce Factory? I see several vendors still selling products, but maybe they're just not updating their websites. Anyone?
Old 10-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #30
krylon32
Alliance Vendor

The Deuce Factory is gone. Carl is still building chassis and selling parts, Jay has dissappeared, Lisa has started another small company that sells the SS parts, and I have no idea about Roy.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:34 PM   #31
rooman

Quote:
Originally Posted by krylon32 View Post
The Deuce Factory is gone. Carl is still building chassis and selling parts, Jay has dissappeared, Lisa has started another small company that sells the SS parts, and I have no idea about Roy.
After retireing and passing the Deuce Factory on to the kids Roy got bored and he and long time friend Mike Kinne started Full Bore, making those hex key drive Dzus style fasteners and a bunch of trick valve adjusting tools. Recently Roy downsized his base of operations, moving to a new smaller location, still in the same area.

Roo
Old 10-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #32
philly the greek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooman View Post
After retireing and passing the Deuce Factory on to the kids Roy got bored and he and long time friend Mike Kinne started Full Bore, making those hex key drive Dzus style fasteners and a bunch of trick valve adjusting tools. Recently Roy downsized his base of operations, moving to a new smaller location, still in the same area.

Roo
Roy Fjastad Sr. is the sole proprieter of Full Bore Race Products as well as the founder. Mike Kinne works on the Bonneville race team . Carl has the Deuce Frame Co. and builds '32 frames and has some of the product line from the "old" deuce factory that his brother lost. Roy Jr. has West Coast Street Rods that builds some really great traditional hotrods , as well as selling a parts line also.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:02 PM   #33
35ratbstr

It is hard to figure out business would be for sale???

It seems that anyone that ever worked there is selling what was produced by the Deuce factory.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #34
philly the greek

The Deuce Factory is no longer doing any business as far as I know. The brothers , Roy jr. and Carl have had there own business' , independent of each other and the Deuce Factory for several years. the parts that they offer are complimentry to what there shops produce.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #35
pprather
Grenade Inspector

I have an old Deuce Factory triangulated four bar in the Vicky. After 20 years and 100K miles, it's time for new bushings.

I called the Deuce Frame Company, Carl picked up the call. No problem, he has plenty of inventory of this item. Should receive in a couple days.