Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cruising returns to Van Nuys Blvd

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by vncruiser, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bash

Bash

Hey Van Nuys Boulevard enthusiasts,

Here's a menu from the old VN Oscar's which was at Sepulevda & Sherman Way, which was later a Robert's Drive-in, and the other Oscar's Drive-in on Van Nuys Blvd. which was actually in Panorama City.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Merry Christmas to all the Van Nuys Cruisers!!!

3. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

I think my bro and I should check it out.We made a few pesos out there in the late 60's and early 70's.I had my Mustang and loved those guys who said Ford's don't run.Great memories and met some lifelong friends.The cops were cool as long as you were not a complete dildo.

4. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

THANK YOU BASH!:D;) Reid was very surprised and HAPPY!!!:D:D
    [/QUOTE]

5. Bash

Bash

[/QUOTE]

Yer very welcome, Merry Christmas!

6. elrobo818

elrobo818

wow... this is when cents used to be worth something.

7. WHOA , 50 cents for a burger? This must have been in the stone ages.

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Have not seen you for a while, whats up with that?

9. my car is still at the body shop.

10. Nerdbynight

Nerdbynight

Look for a few of us from the Bakersfield/Taft area.

I'll be in my Pontiac, hopefully with a few friends cars.

11. VonWegener

VonWegener

Rented the 70s movie "Van Nuys Blvd" from Netflix today. Had never seen it before and hoped for some San Fernando Valley memories to be stirred up.
    The plot is thin, the hero drives an Econoline van and the moral message at the end is so corny that it actually hurts to watch it. What feels like several hours worth of Disco dancing do not really help either, BUT for us who were there, there is some good footage of the Blvd and other Socal attractions that make watching it all worthwhile.
    Like Magic Mountain looking new and spiffy before the Rent-to-Own crowd invaded it and the mighty Malibu Grand Prix in Northridge are fond memories. If you are into skinny girls with tiny boobs the movie delivers plenty of them all nekkid.
    Other highlites are a cameo by Dick Scritchfield who provided his 32 roadster and his shop for a garage scene and a sexy seduction of one of the heroes by a hot bikerchick in a room that sports a full size wall mural. No, it is not that famous artist's living room I think, but that thought came to my mind also:)
    Here are a few screen captures. The first one shows the old Jack in the Box with its patio seating. That's where the streetracers hung out. A little further south were the SuperShops and the picture shows a funny car in front of the tire dept. The third one shows a chopped Merc at the fictitious Drive-In restaurant with a plate that reads LOW51. Is that Gary Weiand's old car? And does anybody recognize the drive-in building?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  12. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

That's the same location filmed in Hollywood Knights (1980) called Tubby's Drive In. It was an old A&W Rootbeer Drive-In on VNB.

13. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

News Update....
    We no longer have the lot at Rydell...The lot has been sold and we no longer have permission to be there. This means everyone will have to spread out more along the street. We are working to get the Park and Ride lot at Van Nuys & Aetna, but have no confirmation yet...
    We'll let you all know when we know more. In the mean time...cruising goes on!!
    See you January 13th....

14. That's what I'm talkin'about man, get people on the F'ing BLVD. Cruise man, we'll meet somewhere. The Bull is not that big. You built it, now cruise it dammit.

And when my cars done, I'll cruise that too.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  15. Between this news, and all the boohoo's that didn't attend the last one, this should make for a very intersting next one

16. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

because of this news the Blvd should be packed now!

17. Obviously you missed the last one:D:rolleyes:. As much as it pains me, I believe this is the beginning of the end, and it didn't build enough momentum/energy to sustain this setback. I sure hope I'm wrong

18. MCM

MCM

I think the last one was just because of the weather, I'm sure it'll pick back up...

19. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

I agree with the weather issue...Everything slows down this time of year...We'll just keep on going and see what happens....I think we may have a bit of slowdown from Dec- March but it will for sure pick back up when the weather warms up....
    Just have to wait and see.....

20. I dunno. Everyone seemed so worried about the possibilty of rain, I'd thought they'd be so glad it DIDN'T for TWO days before the event, that they might have suffered through the WHOPPING 8 degree drop in temp from the "norm". I hate being the pessimest(sp), but, I call em as I see em

21. , I call em as I see em[/QUOTE]

Dude, way to pee on everybodies parade. Let's see what happens. You know it's gonna pick up in the spring. Why wouldn't it?

22. Dude, way to pee on everybodies parade. Let's see what happens. You know it's gonna pick up in the spring. Why wouldn't it?[/QUOTE]

I ain't peeing on shit. I went to ALL of em, while you missed 1 or 2. That being said, there may not be enough momentum to get us TO the spring with the poor turnout from last time, and the loss of the lot now. I'm gonna go til it dies. My fear is, the people that use the slightest excuse not to go while it's still doing fine. BTW, learn how to properly attach your post. Now mine looks like I'm on drugs....

23. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

Taken from Kelly's Heroes...

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Posting of negative comments, will potentally cause this to fail. If this is to be successful, we must believe that this will be successful!!!We all knew the lot would go away, and we all knew that there would be seasonal weather issues. I have attened every event since the incarnation except for the last one. I only didn't go to the December cruise because i was very ill that week. Even then, I almost went for it.

A quote from Henry Ford, who took 6 attempts before he was successful at business:

"When things seem to be going against you, remember, an airplane takes off against the wind, not with it!"

:)

24. BLA BLA...BLA fucking bla.......WHERE were you the last 2? PLAIN and simple

25. I ain't peeing on shit. I went to ALL of em, while you missed 1 or 2.

I missed 1 or 2? I MISSED 1 OR 2? I SHOULD NOT PAL. I HAVE BEEN TO EVERY CRUISE WE STARTED AGAIN. EVEN WITHOUT MY CAR! I don't miss Van Nuys cruises.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  26. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Dec. and Jan. are really poor months for cruise nights but don't worry there are lots of Fair Weather Cruisers just waiting for spring to come. Time change and good weather brings them out, in the mean time keep it up till then. I will admit last month was a disapointment.

27. FUCK the "fair weather cruisers". It's ALWAYS fair weather in SoCal:D

BULLSHIT, and you know it

28. Idol Racing Service

Idol Racing Service

As I said before, I only missed December. And that, was only because I was ill.

You would have been a great help at Bastogne.....

29. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

For those cruisers that "need" to have a lot, or a place to meet,:rolleyes: the Orange Line lot will hold about 800 of your closest friends and their cars and it has one of those great european style sidewalk bathrooms. It will be more like back in the old BOA days when we were not right on VN Blvd as it is on Aetna St. 2nd drive way, and Van Nuys Blvd, East side of the street. It is lit, and when
    Reid drove by at 7:00pm tonight there were no cars in the lot. There is
    also a traffic light getting back onto Van Nuys Blvd:) and you can make a left OR a right:D. There is also more ways in and out and no neighbors to disturb. For your dining pleasure Ranch House BBQ is right across the street. Remember cruise cool January 13th.:D

30. BULLSHIT, and you know it[/QUOTE]

This time I'm calling BULLSHIT on YOU Groucho. I have NEVER missed a cruise since we started again. So I'll just sit back and let you bring forth your proof. I was there and shook hands with Larry Dixon, I was there when we went to Bob's to check out Paulie's truck. I was there when WE BOTH talked to Bill about my Olds. Diff. So I don't know Grouch. You must be gettin' old. DOH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.