Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Son's New Model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, May 3, 2024.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

Son's New Model A

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

HEMI32, tractorguy, Paul B and 6 others like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Awesome! A new video series sounds like just the rabbit hole I need on a Friday :)

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

Great video... I'm interested, Thanks for sharing with us Joey

Tow Truck Tom likes this.
  4. Jim Wood

Jim Wood

cool video. I love the back story about the toys for cancer kids. Great work. The car looks like fun to drive around town. I bought a 34 Ford two door sedan that was in storage for years. A friend and I got it running and had soo much fun in that car. Finally sold it at a swap meet, been about 35 years ago. Great memories of my younger days playing with cars.
    Woody

Tow Truck Tom likes this.

5. Tow Truck Tom

Tow Truck Tom
    from Clayton DE

Not really Knowing the shape it's in ( will check out Utube later )
    I'd just squirt it black and call it Done.

raven likes this.
  6. manyolcars

manyolcars

Brent Underwood didnt tell us that car was there :)

7. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2024-5-18_3-24-46.png
    @J.Ukrop

Hello,

We have driven on Highway 395 since 1946 over a hundred + times. First it was in our dad’s 41 Buick fastback sedan heading for a new family residence location in Long Beach, from the distant Oregon border area. Then one year, in his 49 Buick sedan, again on Highway 395 through Lone Pine to the Mammoth Mountain Lakes for some of his favorite leisure activity, lake fishing for Rainbow Trout.
    upload_2024-5-18_3-27-17.png
    We also stopped in Lone Pine at the base of Mount Whitney to gawk at the highest peak in the USA at the time. The area is dry, hot and sometimes very dusty as the Owens Lake continues to dry up. But, the long drive on Highway 395 was pure solitude. Empty spaces, hardly any traffic coming or going and despite it being very warm outside, the cooling breeze blowing into the windows was a welcome relief.
    upload_2024-5-18_3-28-4.png Our dad was driving and we were dozing off in the back seat. So, we knew he was going the average speed posted for the Highway 395 at the time. When I woke up, I used the 16mm color movie camera and took some outside travel shots. Upon digitizing them many years later, I noticed a Ford road sign blasting by that we saw as blurs in the film showings all during the film only days. But, thanks to the digital aspects of modern film editing, the Ford road sign popped up on the screen.
    upload_2024-5-18_3-29-6.png

1958 highway 395 road trip

Jnaki

Many years later, my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I were in our red 65 El Camino. It was so quiet and only a smattering of traffic. So, the speeds were raised to move us along a little faster. The window seals were good and the outside was flashing by at a rapid rate. It was most enjoyable.
    upload_2024-5-18_3-30-46.png
    Later on, on another road trip to go see my brother in Northern California, we were in her little sporty car and that was a car passing vehicle, bar none. High speeds were easily reached and safely done. But, as we approached Lone Pine, that was our planned, gas station, gas, snack + rest stop.

Country side, desert climate, mountain area drive at its best with a ton of memories on each and every road trip we took. Including, our latest station wagon drive my wife and I took back in 2016 up and 2018 down Highway 395, on our road trips to the PNW and back.

Thanks for a great story and sparking some memories along the way...YRMV

Attached Files:

8. Not the same, but similar. Taco, trailer, model A dream. 888BF5A4-9738-4D7E-9E2E-ADFC7132815C.jpeg