Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 63 corvette split window photos and history

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 5w32, Jul 1, 2014.

1. I got to laugh, I actually had the corvette club ask( :rolleyes: ) me to move my old Galaxie at the Pete and Jakes cruise when I first joined the HAMB. Phtttttt , I was there first.:p They even complained to *Jerry who came to check it out and explained to them that I was stubborn and if I said I was staying they should probably just live with it, then took Mrs Beaner for a hot dog and a ride in The Kid. Guess he didn't like them any more then the rest of us. ;)

* Jerry Slover we have been friends for a long time, shrewd business man and good people in general.

Enloe,
    Sorry your dad got sick. He gave you a pretty good gift though. I never had the pleasure of knowing him but I think I like him. ;)

Model T1,
    The wife and I almost bought a '54 Vette for 250.00 when the kid was a baby. I was going to sell the Effie to buy it. it needed a top and tires and we didn't think we could come up with the money for the top and tires before winter. I am still kicking myself over that one.:(

Funny thing in general I don't care for Corvette people, "in general" being the operative term here. There are some good people who own corvettes, I think that maybe they might just be hot rodders. They actually were pretty heavy cars but I would still like to own an oldy to play with. A split window would be the bomb, but I really like the '58s and 9s for some reason.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  2. joeyesmen

joeyesmen

[QUOTE="Funny thing in general I don't care for Corvette people, "in general" being the operative term here. There are some good people who own corvettes, I think that maybe they might just be hot rodders. They actually were pretty heavy cars but I would still like to own an oldy to play with. A split window would be the bomb, but I really like the '58s and 9s for some reason.[/QUOTE]
    Vettes were never my thing, but my dad gave me this one after driving it for 25 years -- his reactions started to go and he didn't fit behind the wheel too good anymore. His only condition was -- "you have to promise me you're not gonna trade it for another hot rod." No kidding, he actually said that. I have to tell you, the car has won me over. It's not too shiny and perfect, not numbers matching, louder than most people like it . . . overall a very nice ride.
    Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 12.41.51 PM.png

3. Vettes were never my thing, but my dad gave me this one after driving it for 25 years -- his reactions started to go and he didn't fit behind the wheel too good anymore. His only condition was -- "you have to promise me you're not gonna trade it for another hot rod." No kidding, he actually said that. I have to tell you, the car has won me over. It's not too shiny and perfect, not numbers matching, louder than most people like it . . . overall a very nice ride.
    View attachment 2849399 [/QUOTE]
    They are just nice old cars. In my eye they have good lines.

I have always thought that given the right engine and tranny combo it would be fun to have the hard top and a roll bar then take them racing and run in two classes a coupe class then remove the top and run in a roadster class. :D Maybe not competitive but it would still be fun to do.

enloe likes this.
  4. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I turned around after seeing a split window being fueled at WalMart @ 5yrs ago. It was an older gentleman and his wife. I struck up a conversation: was it for sale. Answer: No he bought it new for his wife in '63. Come to find out he was a Dentist who knew my mother who was also a Dentist. Supposedly its going to be donated to the corvette museum.

5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

DO YOU KNOW IF THESE WILL CLEAR STOCK CALIPERS?

6. 5w32

5w32

d spokes were made for disc brakes, the magnesium 6" torque thrusts do not clear

7. 5w32

5w32

good thing i have hot rods in the garage, i might get roasted otherwise

Attached Files:

8. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

that coupe is badass

9. 5w32

5w32

the coupe might be for sale if anyone is interested... real henry steel , blown 1963 327

10. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I WOULD LOVE TO OWN SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOO FAR OUT OF MY PRICE RANGE IT IS IN ANOTHER GALAXY :)
    I WOULDN'T MIND FINDING OUT MORE ABOUT THE WHEELS THAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT PM ME ABOUT THEM.

11. Grumbler

Grumbler

Keeping busy after the gasser eh 5W32, man that vette is NICE! Love to take you up on that garage tour offer one of these days

5w32 likes this.
  12. 5w32

5w32

anytime Grumbler! come see my latest resto (with patina)project... Meyers Manx dune buggy(originally built in 1966), lots of original rare Lang performance parts, finned: pulley guard, breather, valve covers and power pulley

Attached Files:

rodncustomdreams likes this.
  13. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

What about a Virtual garage tour on this thread :)

14. 5w32

5w32

hmmm.... interesting idea. when i get a bit of free time(i am crazy busy at work with a new series) i will get photos.

15. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I have visited quite a few members garages in this area and it is always awesome. So a virtual tour would be awesome to and I would save on gas money.

16. 'Mo

'Mo

17. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

that's just odd

5w32 likes this.
  18. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1.jpg 2.jpg 8.jpg 7.jpg DSC04254.JPG Okay guys! Here is one that will make the Corvette Guys Puke! Ck out the Solo Speed Shop 2 Lane Blacktop Vette! Been off road since 70s will be back on soon! Bill / Solo Speed Shop

5w32 likes this.
  19. 5w32

5w32

i have worked in the film industry for 31 years and most of my cars have been in tv shows and feature films . the 40 coe was the most popular and was in over 12 productions over the 18 years that i owned it. my 5 window has been used many times as well

Attached Files:

enloe likes this.

20. knock offs do look nice...but torque thrusts look MEAN

21. 55xgasr

55xgasr

22. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

23. The ultra rare spilt window roadster less then zero made. :D

I kind of like it just because its different.

24. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

I have a question for you. My 66 has the 15x6 rallies on it with hubcaps on them. I will be running them for a while. I need some tires and what I was wondering was what brand and size were you running on your car.

25. 5w32

5w32

215 70 15 Bridgestones

26. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

27. 5w32

5w32

still looking for a roll bar......