Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Your totally arbitrary HAMB top five cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falcongeorge, Sep 13, 2013.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hope this doesn't start a shit-storm. I was just thinking about this when I posted on the thread about Jon's T roadster, what are your personal favorite top-five HAMB cars. Finished cars, built and owned by HAMBers. If your car isnt here, dont take offence, I narrowed this down from a field of about 25 cars, although there were 3 (I wont say which ones) that were slam-dunks before I started. Like I say, this isn't based on "merit" or which car is "better" just that these are the cars that flat knock me out.

Heres my picks, in no particular order. And please dont post five pics of your own car...:rolleyes:

Nostalgia59
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have been struggling with this one since I started this thread, because as a survivor, it wasn't built by a HAMBer, which was one of my original criteria. But hey I LOVE this car!
    [​IMG]

38jon
    [​IMG]

Evel
    [​IMG]

Metal Nazi
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

This will take time.

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I posted on the thread on Jons car at 8:35 last night, and already had a lock on three, started thinking about it then, took me till now to narrow down the other two...:D And there are a couple other cars I REALLY thought about, but I wasn't sure if they belonged to HAMBers. And if I had included unfinished cars, I'd still be trying to figure it out.

4. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thing is, I know 2 cars, but don't remember the owners of 3.

5. That RPU is stunning. This should be good.

6. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

The black Deuce takes the cake.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Thats Nostalgia59's surf cart. That thing sure does a lot of time on my desktop...

8. I'll play, although this is no easy game for sure. I'm betting tomorrow I think of some more, but as of now, mine are:

[​IMG]

Bob and Maggie's '52 Chevy if for no other reason than for all the miles it goes....and it's a great car. Picture taken fresh from the road after driving from Wisconsin to my office in Arkansas.

[​IMG]

Kirk!'s May Cause Dangerous. I had never been too big a fan of lace painting before, but Kirk and Alex killed this and now I'm going to have to have Alex panel and lace my '64 Pontiac I started in '84.

[​IMG]

Plowboy's Atomic Punk. What's not to love about bubbletops, huge engines and chrome?

[​IMG]

Dave Jenkin's '57 Chevy. Bought it new in '57, customized by the A Brothers, still has it.

[​IMG]

Mrs. Royalshifter's Victoria Secret. Perfection in a shoebox.

That makes 5, but somehow I'll have to bump some one, cuz Cody Wall's '59 Chevy wagon is going to be killer. Fortunately, I don't have to decide right now, since you did specify finished cars. Whew!

9. Great Picks...!

I'll get my picks up later.

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I dont know what I'm gonna do when Tony's '40 is finished, maybe I'll change it to my "top six". Theres a couple other unfinished cars out there that I am blown away by, maybe I should just make it an even 10, then I could work Kirks "May Cause Dangerous" and "Vancouvers" chanelled full fendered five window in.:D

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I was a little uneasy about starting this, but it looks like its gonna be fun.

12. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Here's what I got at the moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Its funny, I have a reference folder of really great late sixties style paint jobs on my computer, the body for this car is in there, and I had never even seen the complete car. Cool!

14. I gave this a good bit of thought and I just can't narrow it down to just 5 cars,,you guys are better at tinning out the herd than me. HRP

15. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Narrow it down to ten, print the pics, and throw darts...:D

16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

George...do they have to be completely finished? I'm totally in love with cleatus's early-style custom '40 Chevy coupe. He's been working on it since '94 but it's not quite done yet.

I'll post it, and if you say "no go", I'll pull it. This'll be the only car I'll post for now. I'll edit my post and put 4 more up when I can think of 'em and/or find 'em.

Is this thing cool, or what?!?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  17. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Here's mine!
    Kevan Sledge's 39 Merc
    KiwiKev's Willy's
    Jeff Neppl's 50 Merc
    Mercury Charlies "Sweet Nadine"
    The Casny Coupe
    There's several more!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  18. Funny you should say that. I posted mine last night, closed the laptop and tried to go to sleep. I started to wonder what cars I had forgotten.....Jivin' Jer's fantastic Junior Conway shoebox clone, what Thee Inland Emperors had accomplished with two back to back AMBR contenders built in home garages and.....etc.

Then, I was just sick that I had not included what I might be so bold as to call THE #1 all time top HAMB build and that is HAMB Andy's A. That build is to me the heart of what it's all about. The number of folks everywhere that chipped in to make that happen and the impact it made on a brave young man.....not at all to even mention the impact he made on us.

[​IMG]

19. Tom Branch Roadster
    JustplainJ's 34
    Deron's 32
    KiwiKev's Willys
    Jeff Nepel's Merc
    That's a hard one,cause there's the Lomas Coupe,Casny Coupe,3wLarry's Duece,Piero's Live Wire,Atomic Punk,Old Crow Belly Tank,the list goes on and on!!!

Attached Files:

20. A Rodder

A Rodder

This should be really great.

I like the guys who post the owners / builders names of the cars.

21. Hyfire

Hyfire

Another vote for Andy's A.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Since I can't nominate my own or cars under construction, these are the first five memorable HAMB cars that come to mind:

[​IMG]
    Roach Rod

[​IMG]
    Rocky33

[​IMG]
    Brootal's Merc

[​IMG]
    GeeMann51

[​IMG]
    Victoria Secret

Yes, really.

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I decided on finished cars, otherwise I NEVER coulda narrowed in down to five. 50Frauds '40, that guy who's building the Don Hentzell look RP, the chanelled full fendered '34 PU, Jimmys chevy roadster...Man, theres a shitload of really cool unfinished cars on here. But hell its a "just for fun" thread, so...

Rickybob, how about this? I can EASILY come up with five KICK-ASS unfinished cars, lets do another thread later for your favorite five unfinished HAMB cars. Dont bother deleting this pic, just pick out five finished cars, and start thinking about five unfinished cars for the next thread! When this one starts to slow down a little, I'll start up the "unfinished" version. I think that will actually be HARDER to narrow down to five!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  24. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Tony, you had one car right at the top of the list of cars that I ruled out because they were unfinished, and your old PU was in my final group. :D

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I'll add that on mine. Was thinking about it when I posted it. Prfobably best to use HAMB screen names, it will make it easier for guys to find more info on the cars in question.

26. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Wa-wa-wa-wa-wait.... there are more than 5 finished cars on the HAMB? :D

Edit: Great idea for a thread by the way. Gonna be awesome.

27. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Sam's, Rocky's, and Brootal's cars all seemed to be driven in as-is condition, and were sold before any further finish work was done on them -- so I thought that their builders considered them to be finished, at least temporarily.

Each of those three appeals to me because they seem to be unpretentious, built as much based on fun as anything else -- nothing taken very seriously, which some of us tend to do. It's not a word often used around cars, but they each seem to have SOUL.

Thanks for the comment about my PU. I liked that one too, but it had to go to make space & money available for the next one.

28. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

you know what for me really took that truck to the next level? Beautifully finished, great stance, ect, ect, but theres a few '33/'34 pu's that have all that. It was all those factors in conjunction with THE STACKS. They just MADE that truck.

Attached Files:

29. There are a number of them. I have to think this over.

HAMB Andy is certainly one to rember.

30. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I absolutely agree, but there's a large contingent of HAMBers who don't. There was a whole thread a while back in which many people ridiculed them.

I suspect that none of those guys were around in the '50s.