Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your Prayers Please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twinkletwinkle247, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just wanted to drop a note to ask for your prayers. The man who introduced me to cars and planes, my grandfather Roland, was hospitalized today. As of 15 minutes ago it seems that is unlikely that he make it through the night. An amazing 90 years under his belt, he will always be here with us, but I ask that everyone pray for both him and the family.

2. LDGn63

LDGn63

God bless you all.

3. Sorry to hear it...prayers for you and your family...

4. solid

solid

he did a lot of living.god bless you all.

5. fiat gasser

fiat gasser

All the best to you and your family at this difficult time.

6. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

I am so sorry to hear your trouble, if by chance you start tomorrow without him, don't think that you are apart, every time you think of him, he'll be right there in your heart !
    You and he are in my prayers. God Bless.

7. belair

belair

Grandparents are the best.

8. Sorry to hear that. 90 years is a full life,though. Probably more than most of us will ever see,unfortunately. I'm sure you have many fond memories to draw back on. I have many of my father and my Godfather. Hope you get through this okay.

9. So sorry to hear that Star. He will be in the thoughts and prayers of many.
    Max

10. May he be at Peace as one with his Lord and may his family find solace in the love and wisdom he has given them.
    Godspeed.

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Sent up to big daddy!!!

12. Ole Pork

Ole Pork

Thanx to the Good Lord for a long and full life and prayers for strength for you and your family...........

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

in my prayers hun!

14. beverlyhillbilly

beverlyhillbilly

15. Badfella

Badfella

Really sorry to hear about this. Wishing you and your family good thoughts from the Lifters CC in San Diego.

16. added to the prayer list. Bud

17. helmsville

helmsville

if you can, this is a great opportunity to say what is realy important and what he ment to you. you may not get a nother chance, you will send him to a wonderfull place with his heart full of love and you, becouse houses and car's dont mean much right now, but the love of family is every thing. God bless

18. draggin50

draggin50
    from Ohio

Thoughts and prayers for your family

19. Thanks for the good advice! I did say my peace a bit ago over the phone. Not the way it should be done, and I just hope he could hear what I said. Tomorrow morning when you all wake up, tell your family how much you love them. There is no such thing as too much love!

20. thoughts and prayers from my family for you and yours

s.

21. Amen, I was Blessed enough to be able to ask both my parents to forgive me for all the grief I caused them in my life and to tell them what a great job they did raising my sister and myself up. And, how much I loved them. Blessed because I had the time to do this before either one of them passed on. There were no feelings of regret or remorse that I didn't say I love you and, Thank you for all you have done. I never had grandparents so never had that special bond.

God Bless you Star, you are wiser beyond your years.

22. helmsville

helmsville

yes i will tell my family i love them, sweet dream's you will feel beter in the morning.

23. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

You & yours are in my prayers...

24. Will do in Austin, TX. And for you and your families strength to cope as well...

25. Thank you so much for all of your thoughts and prayers. His condition is the same this morning as it was late last night. I continue to remain hopeful and appreciate all of your support! Thank you again.

26. raven

raven

Prayers offered up to The One.
    God bless, peace unto you and your family.
    Grandparents are great!
    r

27. I will pray for your grandfather , I to am a grandfather and grateful for my 9 God has sent me

28. 3step

3step

Prayers sent

29. A friend of mine sent me this yesterday........

"The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you!"

If God takes someone or something from us, it is not a punishment! This only makes more room for God's will. Your grandfather was obviously a wonderful role model for you, or you wouldn't be asking for God's intercession. I lost my mom in January to cancer, and the only prayer I could pray leading up to her passing was for God to keep her comfortable and for Him to give my family and her friends peace in our hearts.

May God do the same for you and yours!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  30. Cross Rodder

Cross Rodder

God is the real deal, I have seen it all my life. Most of us dont take the time to give him consideration, even though his hand is always out. I will add you to my prayer list as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.