Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your opinion on color combo

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Goatdave, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Goatdave

Goatdave

So I'm sitting here looking for some parts and daydreaming about the roadster I'm building, my first. I'd love to get some feedback on what color combos I've been thinking about - we've all seen some great cars that have "it" and seen some others that have great build quality but don't quite make it in the cool department.

It will be a traditonal looking 32 roadster - not period perfect but want to have the "look" of a late fifties or early sixties stripped down hot rod. I also want as little black on the car as possible - tires, belts and hoses and that's it.

I am thinking about a copper or gold suede color for the body and frame, cream colored artillery wheels and fire wall. Interior will be a brown. I will run a mostly stock appearing sbc with tri-power. When done I will have traditional pinstriping here and there.

So here's the question - engine and tranny - what color? Chevy orange for engine or body color? what about tranny? Same as engine, natural aluminum or go with frame color?

I will run tall and skinny tires so no whitewalls, right? Thought they would clash with creme on wheels

I don't want it to have too many colors but want it to have enough contrast to get the parts to stick out.

All thoughts, opinions, etc appreciated - even if its to quite whining an get building.

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

3. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. 37Nash

37Nash
    from East coast

copper and cream works, cream and brown works but copper and brown not so much.

that's only my little opinion but maybe if the brown is quite dark ... not sure.

you should ask the guys from the photoshop tread to have a go at it.