Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your little one ever say anything that let's you know you're doing something right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RoadFarmer, Sep 21, 2011.

1. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Great thread...

Was little now she's a little darling, my niece comes up to me the other day when i've got the garage doors open and lying under the car lubing it up.

"Unky Dan i understand it now, i watched the film Grease the other day and they all look like you and drive old cars like you do"

She's always loved the cars i've had and cried when i sold my T bucket. Funny though a guy around the corner has a billet Street Rodded Ford Pop and she saw it pass by. I said "Hey look at that" as it went past and she said "Thats not a hot rod, thats a street rod, look at the wheels on it, where's the WW's?"

Bless them

2. Lowbuckboz

Lowbuckboz

My 7 year old son heard a Honda fart pipe car go by and says...Dad, that doesn't sound good at all! I laughed pretty hard all day from that!

3. My daughter (now 39) was having a heated discussion with her boss of 2 weeks last week. He mentioned that she should fear him (though I can't imagine why he would bring that up). She smiled and told him that she wasn't afraid of anyone, but if she ever found herself in that situation she would just call her Dad. Then she walked out and went and got a better job at a different store down the road.

Of course she did have to call and inform me of the whole ordeal.

I must have done something right. :p

4. brad2v

brad2v

When my stepdaughter was 10 (14 now), came out to the garage one night when when her mom informed her that I was trying to teach myself how to pinstripe. She's always been artistically inclined, so she was very curious. I still have her 'striping on the grinder stand, the drill press, and I think on a toolbox. And she's a top-notch brake-bleeding assistant, she's been doing it since age 7 or 8.

5. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

so ive got my trans torn in a million peices on the garage floor and my 10 year old daughter walks up and says," hey daddy,what happened to your transmission?"
    made my day

6. My "little ones" just bark at me when it's time for a walk. :rolleyes: They do give me lots of attention when I come home from work so I must be doing something right. :)

7. deadbeat

deadbeat

This is a great thread,
    I was sitting here reading all these & I got me thinking of a few times it has occurred in my life.We are blessed with one lovely girl who is 21 now & I rememberred when she was about 12yo & she would bring over her gf's from school & show them "our" cars.She would then tell them that the world stopped in 1963 in "our" garage.Or there was the time she wanted to give her pop a fathers day present so she bought him a "ertlyl" model of a 32 roadster,as he had a 5 window back in the day but she couldnt get one at the time,pulls it all apart & paints it.All the axles etc was red "as all hot rods should have red axles"
    Now she is a trainee (aprentice) mechanic at a local hot rod & kustom shop,so yeah I think that we have done something right.
    Deadbeat

8. metalix_421

metalix_421

nice!!!!! id be having a talk with mama too

9. My 5 year old loves to go to the shop with me to talk cars, and hang out. One of the guys had his 30' five window body siting on the shop floor and she thought that was the best thing ever. I got home the other night and she said "dad you should sell your old corvair and buy a model A roadster." Sounds like a plan to me!

10. billsat

billsat

Best thread I've read in quite a while. There's hope for the next generation after all!

11. toolman1967

toolman1967

My 14 yr old son was talking to another kid at a motorcycle shop and the kid says he is going to buy a bike like that one some day......My son looked at him and said why are you going to buy it, my dad just builds a motorcycle when he wants a new one. Afterward he asked me if there are many other people out there who buy the things they want instead of building them. I just gave him a big hug and explained that , Yes, there are people who buy ALREADY made motorcycles and cars.

He is 17 now and I am confined to a wheelchair most days but he still thinks I can make anything.

12. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

My boy turned 2 in August. Last Saturday we had a drag race with our manual transmission class(I drive my grandfathers 69 Chevelle). Well Friday nite my wife and I were trying to get him to go to bed and told him if he sleeps all night we can go racing. Saturday he wakes up, grabs me out of bed and says," Lets go dad racin the Chevelle!"
    Another one he will not stand anywhere at the track but the starting line. My wife tells me when me and my dad come up to race he tells everyone standing around."Thats daddy's Chevelle!", and "Thats papa's Fairlane.
    My wife say I created a Monster!!