Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Your favorite Hot Rod magazine article

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodharry2, Jul 18, 2017.

1. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I didn't intend to limit it to Hot Rod, that was not in my thoughts until I started to write this... So Let's just say Hot Rod Type of Magazine, I had to limit it, I can see someone posting something from Play Boy or some such mag. I want it car related. There could be many different reasons for this favorite article, it'd be nice to hear them as well. Picture of the magazine cover would be awesome!

What ever made me think of this? As a kid in Northern Michigan, Hot Rods or Custom Cars were few and far between. I bought an issue of Car Craft (March 1966). We were on a school trip and that is what I chose rather than candy or fireworks like most the others. It just happened it was the first of 3 articles about Dick Scritchfield's Australian '32 Tub. I never knew him, but this gave me the dream that Hot Rods can be built. I was fortunate enough to get the second issue, but not until 30 years later did I get the May issue to be able to read the rest of the story. I still have all 3 of those magazines!

IMG_4683.JPG