Register now to get rid of these ads!

Your car as a stress reducer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by B.A.KING, Apr 7, 2012.

1. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

As with any journey .....its always good to get home. 95 years is one hell of a journey.

2. Deuces

Deuces

Yep!...
    Everytime I git banging on all five gears...:D

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Was there from Sept 04 thru Sept 07 and both are now gone. Just doing what I do can serve a case of the WTFs, so sometimes I just stop and go for a ride. Here's what my meds look like...

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      170.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Your mom passed away on Easter,I am sure she is rejoicing in the house of the Lord. HRP

5. Gman0046

Gman0046

B.A. your Mom is in a better place. May she Rest In Peace. You only have ONE Mom. I miss mine dearly. Remember the good times.

Gary

6. 53 sparky

53 sparky

My Condolences, King. I lost my Dad this year too. I bet the Easter celebrations are pretty awesome where he is now! May you find peace & comfort today.

Philip.

7. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

B.A., sorry for your loss but your Mom had a good long life and a son who cared very much for her. Doesn't get much better than that. I think what you described about your spirit being lifted by your ride is more common than one would think. A lot of us are older now but still ingrained with the love of cars like we were in study hall back in the 50s, hiding the Honest Charley catalog (the original one with Honest Hisself) in our school books. But now in our "dottage" some of us have taken on added responsibility for loved ones care. The good guys are ones like you, who don't shirk from helping and know the bonds of family love. I think it is great that you found a cruise in your wheels would lift your spirit and give you renewed hope. I know it does me also!

8. Retrorod

Retrorod

For two years now life has handed my wife & I a similar scenario. I agree 100% on the therapeutic value of our cars & hobby.

We have a small brown dog that accompanies us on assisted living trips to see the seniors. This little dog is referred to as a "senior touch-dog" and after watching her circulate around the rec room of the facility going person-to-person to offer her furry head for a scratch and pet I realized that my CAR does the same thing for me!

All I need to do is get the old sedan out on the street and down the road (in no particular direction)...and the magic therapy happens. I return feeling refreshed and replenished until the next opportunity to go for a ride.

I never planned this aspect of hot rod ownership but it comes along as a fringe benefit...at no extra cost.

I am blessed.