Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Young folks in the world of cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Victory99, Apr 3, 2017.

1. 21 with a chopped 36 ford PU and a flathead T roadster in the works. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

spurgeonforge likes this.
  2. spurgeonforge

spurgeonforge

image.jpg This is my little shadow in the shop, she loves Hot Rods.

clunker likes this.
  3. @TheLastRebel95-
    Thanks! :) I hope everything with your car goes well. :cool: It's been great chatting.

@Taxas36-
    Hey, neat project. Have fun with building it. :cool:

@spurgeonforge-
    Awww. That's awesome. :)

Soooo, I figured I’d post a recent picture of my car with the hood on it now. What’s kept me from posting a picture before is the fact that I thought that “HAMB friendly” was ’64 and back, not ’65 and back. Checking it, I see that I was wrong. :p
    65.JPG

clunker, olredss and spurgeonforge like this.
  4. I'm 29 next month and have been into cars in various shapes and forms since I was a kid. Seriously involved since I was 16 when I got my 69 Firebird on the road. My 34 has been dragging on for too long, and my 29 is waiting in the shed. I think @birdog summed it up pretty well though. To get in at a younger age these days, you have to be pretty motivated and serious, or adjust your expectations. More often than not, a running hotrod, or a show car, is going to be priced out of reach. But a project waiting for a little elbow grease is overlooked.
    My 34... I missed most of the warning signs, over paid, and ended up with a much bigger project than intended. School of hard knocks, but I was impatient. My old 60 F100 I got for a pretty good price because it needed brake work and was way out in the country. I re-did the complete wiring and brakes, ended up with a reliable truck and broke even on my costs when I sold it later (still regret that). The 29 was a right place, right time, right price situation, but I wasn't even looking, which is why it came up.
    I talk half as much as I listen and follow up on every lead that I get. You never know what someone has stashed in the garage, or what knowledge they have stored in their brain...

Victory99, spurgeonforge and Texas36 like this.
  5. @Speedy Canuck-
    Yeah, that's pretty much how I look at it. I try to talk half as much as I listen; better to be thought of as stupid...than speak out of turn, and remove all doubt.
    Sounds like nice projects. Good luck, and have fun with them when they're finished. :)

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  6. blackout78666

blackout78666

IMG_7593.JPG IMG_7612.JPG IMG_7626.JPG IMG_7632.JPG IMG_7634.JPG IMG_7639.JPG IMG_7650.JPG
    Update

Got final paint on the car this last weekend. No more bodywork. Down to a punch out list and an interior for his lady friends. Hand sprayed in the shade. He quit stressing on bugs getting into the clearcoat and paint and nicknamed it the
    " fuckit bucket" haha

Texas36, Victory99 and clunker like this.
  7. butch27

butch27

WOW looks great.

blackout78666 likes this.
  8. Yeah, looks awesome!

blackout78666 likes this.