Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest You want Vintage F.E.D.?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pist-n-Broke, Aug 12, 2018.

1. This is the real deal right down to the Vintage driver. Circa 1960 west coast. This is not a Clone of but for the most part as it was. Ran undefeated set and held the 1960 National record. Owned by J.L. Skeans and driven by son David. That's Dave in the Green shirt with his current transportation. Fella in the Blue shirt is current owner. Once a Hot Rodder always a Hot Rodder. Life don't get much better than this. Dave no longer ownes the FED. It was brought back to day one build by current owner and I was lucky enough to be a part of that. It was done to be on display at the World of Speed Museum as a surprise on the day David was inducted into the Northwest Hall of Fame. It really tipped his wagon over to see his Dragster just as it was. It was a Priceless moment for sure.
    The Wizzard
    P.S.. No the Truck is not on air bags.
    20180303_182943.jpg 20180812_154251.jpg 20180812_154313.jpg

2. Cool,like they were.Nice truck also.

3. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Mike, That car was one of my favorites, I saw it run in all of it's different configurations. The first two shots were taken by Gordie Rivenberg at White City, Or in 1960. In the 90's, a guy brought me a crude old dragster with a flathead, needing a set of headers. A couple of years later, at a Columbia Timing Assn. Reunion, Dave Skeans told the guy it was their old car, The Slagmaster ! WC 1.jpg WC2.jpg slo-poks.jpg Skeans dragster.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018

4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

an yes, back in the day of real dragracing!

loudbang and Texas Webb like this.