Register now to get rid of these ads!

You Tube '59 Nationals

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Brudwich, Sep 1, 2006.

1. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Looked around, don't think this has been posted yet...Could be wrong...

Coop's blog has awesome footage in three parts of the 1959 drag racing nationals in detroit. It looks to feature Dragmaster from the new Rodder's Journal, haven't watched the whole thing yet.

Anyway, here's the link:
    http://positiveapeindex.blogspot.com/2006/09/ingenuity-in-action.html

2. rocketman402

rocketman402

that F@#%ing rocks thanks

3. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

I was there in 1960 seen some of those cars in the video run, still have my ticket stub, don't ask me why after all these years. The tickets were $1.46+.05 tax, total to get in $1.51, can't even buy a bottle of water for that today.

4. I was there.
    Somewhere, I have about 50 pictures of all the cars.
    In the third movie here, you see the Ramchargers first car, "The High and Mighty" Dodge or Plymouth.
    The announcer calls it the RamRod.
    Them were the days....

5. Thanks for sharing.:) This fucking rocks.:eek: The 'Green Monster'. WOW!!:D

6. Great footage.....the good old days...

7. My last year in Detroit. What a blast watching the beginnings of hotrodding.
    Here is a photo of the next dragmaster machine when I was flagging at the old Golden Triangle Dragstrip in Florida.

Attached Files:

8. rednova62

rednova62

9. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

One of the cars that I still remember was the DCB coupe, a red 32 hi boy 5 window coupe with air tubes sticking out the hood also the high and mighty and I might Jack Moss's twin engine dragster. Makes you long for the good old days

10. wfopossum

wfopossum