Register now to get rid of these ads!

You know you're getting old when...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Mar 14, 2013.

1. pinman 39

pinman 39

When you got to the bank and want to hit on a teller and she calls you "Sir".

2. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

im only 49 and realized last year that the floor was way too far down there for me anymore ! and after 34 yrs of restoring cars i quit, hung the paint gun up and spend my time on the golf course after work instead of 'till 11pm in the garage'. dont really miss the pain every morning in every joint from head to toes, and my golf scores comin down!!!!

3. Speaking of golf...."You know you're getting old, when the signator on the head of your clubs has been dead three decades or more!":eek:

4. raymay

raymay

When you start posting on this thread and then realize that you already posted a comment last month.

5. I finally found a nice used Snap on roll around stool. Is't easy to sit on,but a bitch to get back up.

6. When you qualify for medicare

Damn, this can't be right!:confused:

7. Buzznut

Buzznut

I can still work 8 to 10 hrs a day on my current project, but I am a lot more careful about the order I do things in. Harder and heavier projects first while I have the energy, unless they're a back-breaker, then I do them last because I know I'll be useless afterward.

I also find that my Aleve bottle seems to empty at about the same rate as my beer bottle bin fills up...

8. 45_70Sharps

45_70Sharps

I had something really good to add to this......... I'll be damned if I can remember what it was though???

I do like the idea of the recliner in the garage! As long as there is a beer within reach of it.

9. Fenders

Fenders

And you're REALLY old when you DON'T realize......

10. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I'm 63 but I'm not old enough for golf yet. I agree with the floor part though.

11. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

You said it kid but think about the alternative.

12. 1st phone # was 4 digits. Our ring was 2. I crapped when Coke went to 7 cents. My 1st 45 was " Hound Dog". I think I was the 1st guy in Eugene to have a 4-track Muntz. The Seaside Riots were great with the Wailers ( sp). Nailhead speed parts were way more than sbc's. I think the cheapest Ethel I ever bought was 16.9. Beer was 99 a six all day long. Cigs were 19. Then it went downhill bigtime.

13. Road Runner

Road Runner

... you think you know it all, like when you were 19.
    Only now you start teaching and giving unsolicited advice, instead of keep learning and shutting up, like you were told when you were 19.

14. phat rat

phat rat

Damn I'm glad I'm only 69 instead of being as old as some of you feel you are. On the subject of golf I'll never be old enough for cow pasture pool.

15. "You know you're getting old when you're date has a hot flash!"

16. "You know when you're REALLY getting old, when your old girl friends start dying of Old Age!"

17. 2Loose

2Loose

In the far corner of my shop is a tv, that usually has a game or a car/bike channel running, or a dvd/tape of some car/bike event running, or (god forbid) a dvd/tape featuring young women in various modes of dress/undress!

Hung an old Mayan style hammock I had in just the right spot to "fall" into it in front of the tv with the little ice chest within handy reach. It tucks up high out of the way when I'm not in it. At age 71 I figure I'm entitled to "take a break" ever once inna while when working in the shop!

Aloha,
    Willy

[​IMG]

18. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

Thanks phat rat, I thought I was the only one that feels that way about golf.

19. "You know you're getting old, when you see stuff you owned, drove or flew, displayed in a museum!"

20. The Guidster!

The Guidster!
    from Phoenix

Golf! Only time I've ever been on a golf coarse was with a dirt bike!:p

What were we talking about?

21. dprodder

dprodder

When the mind is weak the body must suffer.

22. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

the main question I have as I get older is, who makes a power lift creeper like the lift chairs you see advertised on TV? that would help so much!!!!

23. "when u start getting white pubic hair,IF u still have pubic hair"
    This message was brought to you by:
    Musty Pines.
    " If you've got old people cluttering up your home. Why not send them to Musty Pines?We'll help bring back dignity and we promise it'll be the best three months of their lives.They'll enjoy bingo, complaining, mumbling incoherently, skinny-dipping and organ donation.And once a month it's our famous lucky dip medication switching night. Musty Pines is locatedat a luxurious location overlooking HAMB city's state of the art sanitation facilities. You canstill visit your old people, but now you have the comfort of knowing you don't have to. After theypass on to something better, guaranteed in three months or less, you can start enjoying their money.Finally, you can have quality family time again. Musty Pines, now you don't have to say goodbye.Drive through service also available.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  24. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

....when your hair falls out, what is left is grey, you can't see and you put a couch out in the garage!

25. cktasto

cktasto

maybe guys with daughters will relate to this but at some point the "hot chicks" in posters and magazines became someone else's daughter. How'd that happen?

waking up at least once a night to take a wiz.

26. phat rat

phat rat

Daughters!!! Heck I got grandaughters that could be on those they are 18, 22, 23 and 25.

27. Clik

Clik

Nothing worse than oogling a hot chick on a poster from the 60's and realizing she's in her seventies now.

28. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

With this age thing creeping in everyday it is getting more difficult to find the positive. One thing that is easier is that when I get up in the morning now I don't have to stand on my hands upside down to piss. This is good, I guess there really must be a master plan after all. Great Posts all. Very entertaining. Laughter is good for the heart.

29. Jiminy

Jiminy

I have had bifocal contact lenses for 14 years. Not perfect but I got back peripheral vision and they beat the crap out of glasses.

Great idea about the recliner - got the spot picked out but the spot is full of crap.

30. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Then crawling back in bed and realizing you're still going.