Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yet another gratuitous photo-laden Roundup post

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mike Zenor, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Mil Gracias again to all youse Kontinentals - El Jefe, beatnikontinental, buzzard, krupanut, Mercury Charlie, Mike Y, Jimmy V & crew - for staging the best damned car show on the planet, bar none. And Big Ups to all the rest of you who make this an annual must for the Z fambly - Hot Wheel Reggie, Norm Grabowski, Gary Howard, Bob & all the Wellington Road Rockets, 62 Buford, Von Franco, Foiled Again, modernbeat, Honest Charlie, TP, Brewsir, 38Chevy454, Colorado Ray, The Bulverde boys (Gary and Richard), Mikey, Evil Ford Coupe, Von Eyeball, fatluckys, 50 Ford Coupe, Ryan & Marcie, warpigg, Big Ric & Sheila, Hank Cash, Mark X, flatblack, Bass, Evel, bobbleed & Laura, Max Wedge, Magnet, Thom & Angie, Kim & the Chicago gals, all the Detroit Draggins, and anybody whose name might have chemically escaped me.

This year I focused on capturing video (will be posting some later) so I turned still photo duties over to my 12-year old assistant, the Divine Miss Emily, who cheated death to get this aerial shot...

Attached Files:

2. Numero dos...

Attached Files:

3. Couple of pieces of eye candy, including that righteous Watson-inspired Kansas Chebby from TRJ...

Attached Files:

4. Subject of a HAMB swap - Built by Ray, this bitchin' Trumpet now belongs to 38Chevy454. The seat suspension is a work of art...

Attached Files:

5. Thanks Mike...!

Never enough Photo's from the Roundup! [​IMG]

Mark

6. Actualy Mike - that is a New Mexico Chevy inspired by Watson.. Aaron Labato I belive..

7. Jim Jard's latest Deuce roadster. Caution! Wear a welding helmet while viewing to avoid blistered retinas...

Attached Files:

8. krupanut

krupanut

Mike, once again it was great to see you and Kim back at home in Austin!
    Thanks for all the Lonestars my friend.

9. Hooligan - oops, my bad. That Chebby is indeed Aaron Lobato's, from NM.

10. hankcash

hankcash

Mike-

Nice meeting you on Saturday....

HC

11. You will never see three nicer choppers. All are the handiwork of Scott Craig @ Chopperville in CA; that's El Jefe's on the left.

Attached Files:

12. krupa - mi cerveza es su cerveza, buddy! Y'all drop by in ChiTown, I'm serious.

Hank Cash - Great meetin' you too! See you next year if not sooner.

13. Seat sniffer special: see the new upholstery on the Trumpster? That's a Tony Nancy seahorse crest. A freakin' Tony Nancy seahorse crest.

Attached Files:

14. Von Franco's coupe was sporting a ginchy new stripe from the owner...

Attached Files:

15. Sunday at Flyrite Choppers, Evil Ford Coupe's booming bike bidness in north Austin. This here bike sported some tasty flakes and stripes from Barnett and upholstery from fatluckys...

Attached Files:

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

One of my favorite parts of the weekend was with McPhail - I'm sitting there just going off on Fat Lucky and how good he is and Dennis goes, "Yeah, this is him right here."

Funny thing is we have met before, but in a wierd twist of confusing HAMB names, real names, and nick names I just got lost.

All that said, his work truly is amazing. If you want work done you had better hurry up and get on the list cuz I promise after this past weekend he is gonna be REALLY busy.

17. Thanks "Miss Emily" for the cool black and white arials.

18. Fatlucky did the seat on Bass' Triumph too.

He does nice work.
    TZ

19. McPhail

McPhail

The Kansas Chevy is purple...... I was honored to have the New Mexico Chevy parked next to mine....... the green Chevy is finished completely, it inspired me to go all the way with mine........ The purple Chevy is at Fat Lucky's right now waiting for a new headliner, backseat, and package tray...... next up will be Pontiac beltline trim, and rechromed bumpers.........Jason at Flyrite and Sean at FatLucky's are two people who have impressed the hell out of me last weekend.......these are two guys who are working very hard to pursue their dreams and they actually realize that hard work is the only way to get there.......Good Luck to these two..... whatever I can do to support them.......

20. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Not to throw this thread totally off track, but here's the seat on my Triumph. Pictures do not do it justice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look for a Fatlucky's interior in the shoebox before the next Roundup....guess I better get on the waiting list. [​IMG]

21. hankcash

hankcash

Bass... now let's see some pic's of the seat that sits on that seat.... [​IMG]

Now we are off track fo sho...
    HC

22. Hey Bass - was that you at Hula Hut Saturday AM? Meant to say howdy. Lil' Emily took a good picture of your bike, I'll post it later.

McPhail - yep, I transposed your purple Chebby with Lobato's... IMHO, the two nicest Chevy kustoms on the road. One of the cool things about the Roundup is seeing the evolution of your car from year to year (ditto Mercury Charlie's T coupe). Can't wait to see the latest incarnation after Sean gets done.

23. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Yeah that was me Mike...sorry, I was so busy stuffin' my face I couldn't talk. Glad you and the familia made it down again....it wouldn't be the Roundup without ya.

-Brian

24. BLAKE

BLAKE

Senor ZENOR - it was great to finally meet you and yours, and thanks for the Lone Star. Next time the 'Free Beer Tour' hits Houston I'll square up with ya. [​IMG]

On the 'FAT LUCKY' tip, anyone get a good pic of the seats he did for Jason's EVIL FORD COUPE...? That alone speaks volumes about what this guy is capable of. Amazing stuff.

25. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Hey it was good to see you not trying to blowup your car this time....

I think having you family around you..."Calms the DEMON" Ha ha...

so shooting video....It better not look like MFS or im sueing......

Let me know when your in L.A.
    will make lodge run......

L8er
    Evel

26. Geez, I'm never gonna live that down, am I?

Good seeing you again Evel... I have about 2 hrs of digital footage, and my cousin has an AVID machine; I'm trying to get him to cut a personal video using some music from the Immortal Lee County Killers. Lemme know if you want any of the raw footage.

27. D Picasso

D Picasso

thanks for feeding us, Miker. also, I think the Grand Evil Plan gave my friend nightmares....poor kids, they're so naive....

see you next time, if not before.

28. Dan'l - It was great seeing you 'n' Vito again, but I'm afraid I told you too much. The special Walmatrix agents will be arriving soon to erase your memory. Or was that maybe to kill you? Dang, I can never remember the protocol.

Happy shopping!

29. fatluckys

fatluckys

Oh wow, I'm blushing! [​IMG] Thanks for the kind words.
    Yup, I'm very busy. Dennis' Chevy cured my case of burn-out, I'm excited to get back to work. There's gonna be some really cool stuff rollin' out of my garage this year.
    It was good meeting you all again...

30. Johnny Ace

Johnny Ace

So I guess this means you will be way too busy to create the Mysterion seat? [​IMG]