Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yet another FNG

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by darkbuddha, May 24, 2010.

1. darkbuddha

darkbuddha

It seems only polite to introduce myself. I've lurked here every once in a great while and finally joined because of the vintage tool box thread. It was too cool and awe-inspiring, and I totally get it.

In any case, while I don't own a car that would make me a card carrying HAMB'er, I think I share much of the mentality and affinities. Ironically, there was a time when I was 12-16 that I think I could've become a life-long member, lusting after and almost owning a long list of vintage cars and trucks, but steered away by my father and old brother. I still remember pleading to get my grandpa's saved-from-being-a-chicken-coop '53 F100, a $100 well patina'd '50 Ford 4 door, an abandoned late '50s Olds hearse, or a $500 '58 Fury. The list goes on, but I ultimately ended up swayed towards musclecars and euro trash. But as I say, I surely share the mentality and affinities and since joining I find the desire to get my hands on something that would fit right in here. Of course, my wife would kill me... but you only live once, right?

Thanks for letting me hang with the cool kids. :cool:

2. twink

twink

Welcome from Pa.

3. Welcome from the other side of the world.

4. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

'50s Olds hearses are quite rare nowadays. You don't happen to have any pictures of that one saved do you?

5. Welcome to the H.A.M.B. and good luck with the wife.
    firstnomad

6. darkbuddha

darkbuddha

You know, I just might somewhere. But you have to realize, I probably took the pic in '86 or '87... I'll have a time finding it for sure now.

On an unrelated note, I met a guy this weekend that is into Hudsons... his father is a restorer and apparently has some shells/donors he might let got for a song. I was really hoping for something from the '20s-'30s, but I think I could live with something from the '40s.

My wife ain't budging at the moment anyway (it'll be a long battle, but I will win), so I can wait and see what turns up.

7. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

Welcome from "the other side" Ca.