Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yesterdays Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MetalFlaked60, May 28, 2005.

1. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

I picked these up from a buddy yesterday...What bolt pattern are these? Will they fit my 40 ford backing plates? What did these orininally come off of?...Jamie

2. Clark

Clark

They are useless....send them to me.

You have a set of the Buick brake drums everybody wants. The will fit your backingplates and you can use your 40 hubs with some work.
    Clark

3. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

I knew they were buick...but i just didnt what models they originally came on...And what will I have to do to use my hubs? thanks for the quick reply...Jamie

4. I think the Buick drum conversion info is in the Tech archive.

5. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

Whats the bolt pattern? Do chevy wheels fit or will the 40 wheels fit?

6. Clark

Clark

I think they are 5" bolt pattern. The early Ford is 5 1/2". It will take some machining to make them work. Get the drums drilled for the 5 1/2 bp or have both the hub and the drum redrilled to whatever pattern you want.
    Clark

7. MetalFlaked60

MetalFlaked60

I just went out and looked at em again and I think they may be different...The fins on the top are shorter on the one on the left...and the plate on the top thats screwed in is smaller on the left one...Will they still work...or do i have to find another one that matches one of em?...JAmie

8. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Buick 5 x 5" bolt pattern. Yeah you can use your '40 brakes. You just need to knock the hubs out of those drums, and redrill to the 5 x 5.5" that is the Ford pattern. There should be a tech article somewhere on here, search. Any questions or needing any parts, Bob at Wilson Machine can help ya out big time, buick drums to multiple apps is one of his specialties.
    www.wilsonweldingandmachine.com

Hope this helps.