Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration ##yee Haa!! Friday Art Show!**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Norwell, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombie

zombie

yes i did, but id rather of had the damn original show up in one piece.

2. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

Kool!---I love the COMPOSITION on this piece! It very Simple, Strong & effective! (I don't recall seing your work before,,,I look forward to learning more about it!)

3. JohnnyAngel

JohnnyAngel
    from Missouri

wow...its not even Friday and the show is up to 5 pages.....super duper

here is something from me this week....dang...5 pages....

Attached Files:

4. JohnnyAngel

JohnnyAngel
    from Missouri

and another one

Attached Files:

5. rollie

rollie

stuff I striped & lettered today that's goin' down to the RM auction in Florida.

Attached Files:

6. plw

plw

What an unbelievable bunch of talent. I'm in total awe of all of you.

7. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Just to keep things going a bit longer. Finished this tonight for my grandson, Austin. It's signed PaPa because thats who I am to him. lol

An amazing show so far.

Attached Files:

8. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

I'm guessin you're talkin about Audel the Pinstriper? I've met him a few times and he's striped many of my Dad's cars over the years. Nice Long lines, this is the first I've heard of the "hater club."

9. Been on the outside looking in for a while.
    Finally decided to post something. I did this
    for my son. Hope you like it.

Attached Files:

10. I've posted a couple of these before,but this is the whole sequence of pictures my good friend Charlie Burrows of Reading Massachusetts sent me awhile back.A little background info:

Charlie had a garage but it wasn't heated so in the winter time he would build motorcycles in his living room.Needless to say his wife Cheryl wasn't all that happy about that.

One year Charlie decides he wants to put together a T roadster.He mocks it up in the garage and then disassembles it and brings it into his living room where it is re0-assembled to paint.

He asks me to lay out the flames on it and if I would like to spray it.I had just finished flaming a 56 Ford pickup using a technique I'd picked up from an old fleet truck painter;using unthinned enamel heated on a hotplate.

I layed everything out and masked it off and then started spraying.Had a bit of a problem with the orange bleeding into the yellow but eventually managed to get it blended right. Waited until the warm weather came and then disassembled it again and pulled it outside where I striped it.

If you have never worked with alklyd enamel,you will not understand how much overspray it generates.I did this in 1974 and Charlie still finds traces of it in his house!

I don't even remember him taking pictures although I must admit we were both pretty buzzed with all the paint flying around.He came across the negatives while going through his mountain of old car pics and made me some copies.As you can see in the pictures,I weighed about a hundred lbs. less than I do now and had a cigarette hanging permanently out of my mouth.

Charlie is still building street rods and his youngest son Hoss(another gearhead)built his first rod when he was 14 now builds custom choppers that have been featured in many magazines(Chopper Specialties).We still laugh about painting the T when we get together(alas not often enough).

The last pic is of one of the first striping jobs I ever did.It was on the footboard of my bed using a Grumbacher 1010 brush and some Red Devil enamel.

Sorry to rant on but it was one of those,"days of reflection"today otherwise known as a birthday.

Attached Files:

11. Toyghoul

Toyghoul
    from SPOKANE

One from this week, Green and Ivory on Anodized red. [​IMG]

12. Stone

Stone

This is sweet. I would love to see some one build a custom vette. Would love to see more pics of this also.

13. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

4Safariknut

BR

Attached Files:

14. Nice stuff LoCab!

Here's a couple I roughed out while warming up to do some animatin'

[​IMG]

Inspired by seeing Jay Leno out cruisin' in some Classic Brass:

[​IMG]

I might add, I'm not used to the scanner Here at the studio, hence the blurrrrrr!

15. Sander

Sander

Some more.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Joe

16. Every one of you that posted artwork here is awesome in all of your own rights. I absolutely love it. It's all killer stuff, inspiring, as well. Everybody, keep up the great work. I am shocked & awed, my first visit in here. And it's not even Friday, but close. Great work, once again, great work indeed.

17. My bad, it is Friday. Hmmph.

18. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Great story Safari, and great pics too. Ah, the good old days....had a buddy paint my fridge in the kitchen many years ago. It took him several days and lots of beer, but well worth it. My wife (at the time) wasn't impressed, but she ended up with it in the divorce.

19. dankyd

dankyd

Here is an "oldie" of mine since there have been a few others pulling stuff from the closet. I am working on a painting of my '59. I've just started on it and will post the finished picture next week (assuming I don't get run over or something). It seems a little ironic that I took 20 minutes to rattle can the damn thing and now I'm spending a couple days to do an oil painting of it, but oh well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. dankyd

dankyd

Sorry to hear about your loss. somethings are hard to replace (the fridge, not the ex-wife)

21. Zumo

Zumo

22. dertybert

dertybert
    from Wichita KS

[​IMG]
    Not done. Probably never will be. I do that alot.

Dankyd, I dig those pieces. In fact everything on here
    EVERY week just wows the hell outta me.

23. widewhitewalls

widewhitewalls
    from Michigan

Here is my contribution this time.
    [​IMG]

24. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Awesome work up here as always. I've been trying to post some work from my girlfriend, Tara and I finally got some files from her so I thought I would share them. Here are just a few of her paintings....Enjoi!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. It's Friday here, here's another previous post that is complimented by Widewhitewalls' beautiful entry:

[​IMG]

26. widewhitewalls

widewhitewalls
    from Michigan

27. ratstar

ratstar

widewhitewalls, thats pretty awesome stuff you got there. What medium are you using?

28. widewhitewalls

widewhitewalls
    from Michigan

Thanks again! This comp is digital right now which will be color separated and silkscreened soon (I say soon, I just have to make it happen!) I'm working in Adobe illustrator.

I was working from a photograph i took back here in the Detroit area of a coupe I found sitting around last summer and I had been reading about The southern California Timing Association first event held at Muroc dry lake which is now edwards air force base(?) I wanted to place this car on a long horizon and the dry lake beds came to mind.

29. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

A pencil and ink drawing brought into photoshop:)

[​IMG]

I'm still waiting for an answer to a possible t-shirt design for INDY.
    CAB

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

heres the backgound for our pre registration forms....rp drew the coupe...:)

Attached Files:

• RP13.JPG
      RP13.JPG
      File size:
      92.7 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.