Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yard art

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by casper, Apr 13, 2008.

1. casper

casper

I did a search, but could not find exactly what I was looking for. Spring is here and some people plant flowers, but this is my idea of what a flowerbed should look like. I would love to see other peoples decorations and "back burner" projects! By the way, these cars will all be built, they are just patiently waiting their turn. None will go to waste, but when there is no room in the garage, where do you keep your "builders"?

2. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

What a waste....

3. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

I hate yard art, but i like fixing it

4. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

That makes me sick, even if they will be finished

5. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I have a couple more of these in the works. Better this time though.

Attached Files:

6. toddc

toddc

Sell them to someone who can finish them. Dead set waste of good tin.

7. casper

casper

Wow! I feel the love! I deleted my pictures when I searched what these guy's are building and dragging home. Made me feel guilty. Sorry.

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Put the pictures back up. Why tease us with posting without any pictures. Besides it will give the rest of us a chance to rip on you.:eek::D

Frank

9. Hillbilly Werewolf

Hillbilly Werewolf

I personally like seeing old hulks in peoples yards. Some Tin just can't be saved, might as well show it off!

10. Robert gilbert

Robert gilbert
    from boston

Yes the stuff thats just smoked , paper thin . But ive seen post on the hamb that the cars would be in my shop not in the yard . Like willobilly3 above thats cool . Does he make them for yard art ?

11. casper

casper

Okay, you guy's are right...go ahead and flame and rip away! The truth is, this stuff is available in central California, and I am tired of working 8:00 to 6:00, so if anybody is looking for some good rust free model A or T stuff, maybe we can do some business. Here are the pictures again....Sorry if they hurt!

Attached Files:

12. El Gordo

El Gordo

This bit of "front yard art" has been killing me for years[​IMG]

13. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

Where else are you gunna put it? When he says his garage is full, he means it, I've been there. Maybe you should show off that T roadster in the garage
    Jimmy

14. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yard art from another board.........

[​IMG]

15. Muttley

Muttley

Me too, and that place rocks. Dont hold back Kenny, post some pics of the stuff in the garage. ;) :cool: :cool:

16. Plowboy

Plowboy

Here is some of my junk, and I do mean junk!

Attached Files:

17. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

Cool yard art guys! I bought an oleander last year for outside the garage, to put in the space between the two doors because I couldn't afford the requisite gas pump. The best part was when a brown recluse spider spun a web and hung around the garage for a few months. He served as a sort of garage guardian/mascot until he disappeared, I wonder what ever happened to that guy. Anyways I took the oleander inside for the winter and come springtime it's too big to fit between the doors anymore without scraping my cars on it when I back out!

[​IMG]

18. DrJ

DrJ

There's a ranch in Gilbert AZ that has a complete Model A, painted with a roller to match the house, parked at the street under their ranch name sign next to their driveway.

Better life, for now, than being torn apart by some poser punk and turned into yet one more ground scraping rat rod just to disappear a few months later, probably to a scrapper.

19. Gigantor

Gigantor

Ouch. You suck! ;)

That's "near mint" tin here in Maine.

20. DrJ

DrJ

I was driving one of my MGs down the freeway one day and a Black Widow dropped down from under the dash, right onto my knee. luckily there wasn't anyone next to me when I changed lanes while swatting the bitch.

Fumigate the car!

21. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

looks like Krass and Bernies place!!!

22. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

Fumigate? That one's for sale, it'll be a project for the next owner.

In all honesty I keep dryer sheets in the cars over the winter, it does a good job of keeping the critters out and unlike mothballs my car smells springtime fresh, as opposed to smelling like old people.

23. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I know some think the HAMB can seem knowitallish sometimes... but that is no brown recluse. They do not spin webs like that (orb) and prefer to live inside... under your piles of clothes and in cardboard boxes. I have the scar to prove it.

24. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

plus they are small skinny little SOB's that are hard to step on... and if you let them get to close... just best off to run away screaming... they are liable to make you lose alot of skin among other things... little bastards.. :(

25. Cam VanDerHorst

Cam VanDerHorst

Thanks for the heads up, you don't come off as "knowitallish" in the least, I'm always eager to learn new things. Do any of you know what kind of spider it may be, just out of curiosity? Sorry for going off-topic...

26. Here is a couple of old photo of my mor-dor yard art,, HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. starchief1959

starchief1959

Some of the yard art looks okay, but I'm a youngin' and like to see the stuff that was created before my time on the road. The worst for me is when you ask about a car that's obviously been sitting for years in the back corner of someone's property and they tell you "No, I prefer to just watch it rust.":(

I guess I'm just trying to preserve my own little piece of history for my kids to see so they don't have to just read about it in books.

28. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Looks reasonably well cared for and in fairly dry central CA. So not too bad to store it outside - probably been outside in a field full of weeds and trees for 50 years already anyway. Way better than sending them to the crusher like a lot of people might be doing. At least he is appreciating them and keeping them pretty safe for the future. And as far as storing a bunch of "junk" outside, his stash looks pretty nice and not bad to look at. His neighbors may actually appreciate it verses wishing the police would do something about it. If some others actually cared about how others had to view their "junk" there might be less problems with it.

29. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

I did that one when you couldn't give good T fenders away. I'd have those suckers on ebay if I had them today. The back was some paper thin home made thing and the T&A parts were total junk. I hate seeing good usable stuff made into static displays, I don't even like mueseums.

30. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I think your yard stash is neat -- I particularly like the T with the number on the door. Adjust the tire sizes and you're done!