Register now to get rid of these ads!

y block exhaust manifolds on 59 f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by djlifter, Mar 9, 2011.

1. djlifter

djlifter
    from oklahoma

I bought a pair of exhaust manifolds hoping to put them on my 59....but...Will a pair of stock 292 or 312 exhaust manifolds clear the steering column of my 59 f100 ??
    I havent pulled everything down yet, but it looks like it may not clear .

I currently have the front crossover exhaust on the truck, but I want to put dual exhaust. Guess I should have stated that upfront....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  2. davis574ord

davis574ord

they should, my 58 and 60 came with 292's in them!

3. djlifter

djlifter
    from oklahoma

see above message

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  4. Yes. You will have no problems with the stock manifolds. As i have them on my 60 f100

5. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

I tried to put a set from a 55 crown vic on my 57 pu and they would not clear the shift linkage.

6. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

From what I understand they will not clear the shift linkage as stated above. That is why you need a set of ram horns manifolds that came on older large ford trucks. Lets see some pictures if you got them.

7. Onemansjunk

Onemansjunk
    from Modesto,CA

If you purchased a stock set of exhaust manifolds it will have a cross-over pipe from the driver's side connecting to the passenger side---the driver side manifold exits towards the front---crosses over the--- front of the engine ---to the passenger side----exits out the back -- single exhaust---!!!!!! YUCKKKK!!!!!Go to Vintage Sac- Ford--- buy a set of Y-BLOCK HEADERS -----ps Thats what I got on mine

8. I second onemans junk. My truck has the crossover.

9. djlifter

djlifter
    from oklahoma

onemans
    that is what I have now, and I want to install dual exhaust.

I bought a pair of yblock exhaust manifolds that are both rear exits and lower exits.
    My question is...will the driver side clear the steering column ??

10. rustdodger

rustdodger

There is the rear dump dual exhaust manifold AND "ram horn" style duals in addition to the single exhaust with the cross over on the front of the driver's side. I know the rear dump style didn't work for my '54 F-100. As I remember the steering box was my issue. My point is there are several types of "stock" manifolds. The ram horn style are probably what you want but they tend to be scarce and priced to match.
    Just go shake your money tree 'till a couple hundred bucks falls out and then buy some of those headers ;). I don't understand how you missed such a simple answer!

11. Paul2748

Paul2748

There are few different style left hand exhaust manifolds, depending on what vehicle they went on. A passenger car left manifold most likely WILL NOT fit a pickup truck. Steering box and/or linkage get in the way.

RAMS horns or headers are your options. Rams horn are reproduced.