Register now to get rid of these ads!

X member in 32 frame position

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by metal surgeon, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I'm after some help, I have an A model tudor which i am about to put on top of deuce rails, I would like to know how you figured out how and where to position a X style center into your 32 ford farme

I have searched this but cant find exactly what i am after.

How did you figure out where to place the x in relation to setting up the foot pedals

I have origional 1932 Rails with all holes if that helps locate?

I know i should just do the obvious and put my body on top but i was hoping someone might have a scetch or diagram?

Any help would be great

Thanks Aaron MS

2. Boxcar's 1928

Boxcar's 1928

While there may be a sweet spot number out there I'd have to know the eng and trans I was going with.. What are you doing with the firewall, is the front crossmember set, are you boxing the frame?

I'm near the same stage...Body is on some repro rails and I'm holding till I've eleminated some more more variables.

3. The crossmembers are in standard positions but I have swapped out the rear for an A model one, frame will be boxed around the X, just think it's stronger that way, body is a 28 Tudor, firewall will be staying standard as possible and engine/ trans is an 8ba with a customline box.

I want to get my frame up on the bench as soon as possible as it never seems to stay vacant for too long.

Aaron MS

4. racemad55

racemad55

What x-member are you using,aftermarket,home made, another year Ford ? Chassis eng. comes with measurement instructions.

5. I'll be folding it up similar to 35-40 standard style