Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wrist pin bush bronze type

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by colinsmithson, Aug 18, 2013.

1. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

Can tell what type of bronze I need to machine wrist pin bushes
    Thanks Colin:)

2. You used to be able to buy a semi finished stock from Sealed Power. Not sure if that is so now. I stopped bushing them and ran the rod and pin steel on steel. There is not enuf action to cause any trouble at all . My old boss who taught me my auto machine stuff ran chevies that way for many years so I used it on my mopars as well Never , not once ever in 47 years did I have wear or gauling despite what one would think. Now I only use bushings if the rod already has them.
    Don

3. BOBCRMAN

BOBCRMAN
    from Holly

wwhat he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^. I still have a basket of misc bushings at the shop. Don't really use them anymore unless replacing old worn ones..

4. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

660 bearing bronze ,make 'em fairly offten for odd ball engines and special sizes. ENCO -MSC etc stocks the stuff.

5. unless a rod need bushings i run them steel on steel 8000rpm roundy-round engines no problem i just drill a oil hole with a chamfer.