Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wrecked my T Bucket and lived.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tfeverfred, Sep 6, 2008.

1. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

Glad your mostly unhurt, and the car does not sound to bad off.

I dont know how the city works in your town, but when i worked for the city here we had a whole department that dealt with these claims, and are not always on the cops side. cops wreck shit all the time, so do the firemen. The last thing the city wants is a big lawsuit, it would cost more money to take it to court than to pay you off, so if they feel that it could have been the cops fault most likely they will just write you a decent check. Do not sign nothing until there terms have been explained to you fully, and you feel like they have hooked you up! If you sense they are gonna screw you then get a good lawyer who likes to screw the city.

2. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

uh,,,not sure if you realize this or not,,,but "WE", the taxpayers are the ones paying for it...
    so why would they(the city) care???.

3. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Very good point.
    Give it two days....you will feel like that cop car ran over you and not just into you.
    Make sure the Dr. checks neck and back also.
    The witness is going to help out in your case.
    Seems like the city of Houston is going to be taking care of you.

4. glad your ok...remember "cops lie!" so record every call and write down all times,dates,and names who you talk to.....they can still turn this on you,,,,,,,,oh yeah get plenty of photos including the cop car////make sure you get copies of the radio dispatch for the time involved,,,,,,,,,,,good luck hope you feel better

5. kooldaddy-o

kooldaddy-o

First all the feel good stuff...Yes it is good that you are still alive to tell this story,I drive a T that is simialler to Ivo's T, burgundy flake, Nailhead,etc., what could happen crosses my mind constantly.

Now then,since you are alive the MOST imortant thing you can do without fail is hire the best attorney locally available bar none. How do I know this ? Been there ,and I am telling you they will deny claim immediately just to see how committed you are to retrieving damages...it is standard practice. Do this Monday morning with out fail...you have nothing more important than this,work will wait..trust me on that.
    Also when "getting checked out" by the doctor,insist on an MRI scan..it will show things that may not be felt for a while and can be too late to go after. I am 6 foot 2 ,250,all I heard from the docs was "oh you are a big guy you'll be ok in a couple weeks..here are some pain meds"...which fools you into thinking you don`t hurt that bad and everything is OK. Untill its not and then find out like me that you need to have Vertabrae fused together !!! My deal turned out ok..still never enough money because still hurts after 18 years but at least everything still works....lol.

Oh and the cop lying,this guy could lie about everything and needs to be stopped now before he puts somebody away that shouldn`t be ,or kills somebody or a child because he had a toy gun in his hand and "wasn`t paying attention....forgot what day it was and the light sequence changed"....you pick or make up your favorite excuse...he needs to be stopped .

Ok,I am off my soap box now, Glad you are among the living,bummer about the car, I have read about it at tbucketeers,nice car and great friends to help put back together.

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Wow, I've been watching your build on NTBA and here and waiting to see the car someday. Looks like it'll be awhile now.
    Glad you're OK and the car is fixable. Best of luck with the insurance bandits.

7. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Depands on the State of course...but usually the person who turned is at fault. Glad you are oK..
    Crossing into or through a lane is at the risk of the turner..

8. I can relate to your live and let live attitude but, evidence gets "lost" or damaged and witnesses forget what they saw, sometimes even without visits from the police late at night. You need to get a GOOD lawyer involved NOW, before the other side figures out they have a problem. They WILL circle the wagons to protect this creep. They need guy’s like him around to make the rest of ‘em look good. And he will do what ever he has to to keep the blame from falling on him, hell that's human nature. It will affect his next evaluation, raise, promotion. Think about it, this is probably not the first time he’s screwed up big like this yet he’s still walking around with a badge and gun, why is that. They protect their own. I ain’t trying to scare you bro but, you need a lawyer pronto. Cops are not all bad but they will protect their own, that's just how it is. I know you're just glad to be alive to tell the tale, but you have to get over being glad to be alive and go on the offensive. It is you against them and they ain't wasting any time putting together a battle plan.

I really like your little car and hate it got messed up but, I am glad beyond words that you made it through okay.

9. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Yup that is what i'm most scarred about, getting hit in my old tin, not from my craziness, atleast if it was my fault i wont kill the guy and go to prison:)

10. gaschevy

gaschevy
    BANNED

The next time some crackhead breaks in your house or garage don't call the cops.

11. I've been hit 13 times, 12 rear enders,1 head on. Tomorrow,you will hurt a lot more than today,doctor documentation is important ,then let an attorney take it from there.I'm not a cop hater,but anyone will try to protect their job. Don't be their victim twice,hire a lawyer now.:eek:

12. Fe26

Fe26

Sorry to hear of your bad news, My advise is to get a lawyer and get him to take a statement from the witness. No it's not a waste of money, it's cheap insurance.

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man this really sucks! I know it don't mean much when something like this happens, your always focused on your car, but glad your Ok mate!!
    I hope they pay up for this and your back on the road again soon.
    We veterans need guys like you to do cool stuff like put on shows for us!!
    Doc

14. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Damn that sucks. That was a cool little bucket. Glad you're ok, though. Like everyone else says...get a good lawyer. You're going to need one.

15. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fred, this just made me sick !:(
    I'm not anti cop as some posters are but I really hope you get this straightened out. So Glad you could walk away. As others have said...GET A LAWYER !! You will get through this OK !!
    As Franco said, you are welcome to any parts I have to get Miss Behavin back on the road.

16. its been a rough few months for you fred , glad you came out of this ok ..

17. The Lone Wolf

The Lone Wolf
    from Malta

Bloody hell mate!!
    Really really sorry for ya.That was, and hopefully will be again, an awesome T.Followed your Post on Tbucketters.
    But the main thing is that you're OK.

Follow what the others said about lawyers and docs and don't let the cops or the city get away with this.
    Just cos they wear a badge don't mean they're above the law.

18. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

holy shit bowtie,you must be glued to your rear veiw mirror. as for the cop ,its too bad he couldnt just fess up ,but you know the backlash he would get from his buddys,so he doesnt and you suffer,but not just cops doin that shit,could of been a neighbor,postman,garbage man etc..as for the cop hater.youve got issues

19. Glad your OK. We can't hate all cops just like they can't all us car guys. This guy screwed up and lied about it to his fellow cops. THEY won't forget that. When they need back up they want good honest guys to cover their backs. He hopefully will loose his job not for your wreck but for not telling the truth. They have to be honest in their reports are the wrath of GOD will come down on them. Seen two good cops tell little fibs in the past and they are not cops anymore.

20. Two thing jump to my mind. (1) was there an automatic camera at the intersection?...the kind used to catch people who run red lights. (2) You mentioned that the light timing and sequence changes from week days to week ends. Be sure your lawyer knows this, and be sure the city doesn't reprogram the system to make it look like you were at fault. Have your lawyer get the records from the city on the programming of the signal for the last 6 months.

Like I've said in many other threads about traditional hot rods, THE DEVILS IN THE DETAILS. In this case that couldn't be more to the point.

21. streetfreakmustang

streetfreakmustang
    BANNED
    from Ohio

Nice. Why not just get enough money to fix his car right and pay any medical bills???

Your attitude is why companies are leaving sue happy USA and busines are afraid of making new products.

Just bought a new stepladder. Cost $68. $10 for the ladder and $58 for all the safesty warning decals plastered over it.

Your high health insurance and car insurance pemiums are due to your attitude of suing someone to get rich of the accident.

Sickning attitude.

22. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Dickhead cop! You already know what he's like.Lawyer up and put it to him.

23. gigem

gigem

Is this you?

[​IMG]

24. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

Don't trust the system, get a GOOD lawyer and get him or her NOW. If you don't you will regret it later. The system don't work for the people, but it will work very well for the cop. Sorry for your ride man, make the city fix it right.

25. Dick Dake

Dick Dake

Make sure the cameras were working and not fooled with. Just saw a video where about 6 cop that roughed up a woman reporter investigating city corruption in Baltimore. All 6 cameras were broke. Yea, there not all dishonest just way too many. If dealing with someone with many more resources and much more money, you need a lawyer. Get your physical stuff taken care of now before its too late. Get enough to get the car fixed and call it good. Make sure that dude never pulls you over. He will be out for you. It's the small dick cops like him that are trouble. To the guy who said to not call the cops if your house is being broken in to, I get Ruger first, then the cops for clean up.

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

YES! That's me! Did you see the accident? Who are you? Can you PLEASE contact me, so I can talk to you or can you PLEASE send me any other pictures you have? If you like, I will keep you anonymous in my dealings with the city. Please contact me. I'll send you a PM with my phone number.

PLEASE. I just came from the storage lot and they are closed until Monday. ANY help you can give would be appreciated. Please.

27. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Thank your lucky stars you're ok. That could've been WAY worse. I'm so sorry about your car, but if that intersection had cameras, you're probably golden. I know all the words in the world won't fix your baby, but we're all here behind ya. It'll be back together before you know it. Keep your chin up and don't be afraid to be a dick.

28. Gerg

Gerg

glad that you are ok . Not all cops are dicks like that either i have met some damn nice ones. Hopefully everything turns out ok for yah.

29. blackout

blackout

Sue the bastards

30. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

Im glad im not the only one who feels this way! I mentioned i worked for the city, i was a building inspector, you know why i quit? Cause of this mindset, i could not do anything without some watchdog group ,or private taxpayers or lawyers trying to make a buck. People wonder why it takes so long for the city to do anything, it`s cause all the worthless redtape and hoops they have to jump through, cause the public demands to know everything. Like i said before, the last thing the city wants is a lawsuit, they are most likely fighting a thousand or more as we speak. Don`t get me wrong there is crooks in the system, but you would not believe the amount of shit the city deals with.