Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Would there be any interest in a Wisconsin Hot Rod hundred?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jun 30, 2016.

?
  1. Finally, I have been waiting my entire life for this event

19 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nah, I would rather stay home and watch Wheel of Fortune

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. http://www.hotrodhundred.com/wisconsin.html Is up and running! Meeting at Johnson Creek, HRH Wisconsin 2018 host hotel is holding rooms especially for you, until April 25. When booking be sure you are aware of the 48 hour cancellation policy. Johnson Creek Outlet Mall is close at hand.

Whether staying at the hotel or driving in, check-in will begin at 7:30AM at the Comfort Suites parking lot. Look for the RV parked on Resort Drive. 8:45AM driver meeting at RV, 9:00AM departure. The address is 725 Paradise Ln. Johnson Creek, WI 53038.

The End Point, Indian Lake County Park

Gather here around noon; for bench racing, fellowship and food. At 483 acres, Indian Lake County Park is one of Dane County's largest parks. A winding trail leads to a historic chapel built in 1857, located on a hilltop with a breathtaking view of the lake and surrounding valley. HRH reserved shelter has 22 picnic tables and there is plenty of Hot Rod parking.

Questions email [email protected] register here; http://www.hotrodhundred.com/wisconsin.html

2. gene-koning

gene-koning

We are signed up!
    Is it May yet?
    I got the coupe out Sat and we took a little ride on Sunday, 264 miles. We started out heading to Monroe WI, took 81 to Argyle, then we took a bunch of county roads. We got as far north as Dodgeville, then went west on county roads and ended up at the Mississippi River before we went south to Debuque IA, then returned home. Sunday was a nice day for a cruise. Gene

3. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just booked the room and have confirmation in hand. Heard leadfootloon was covering the tab for breakfast at the Pine Cone.

leadfootloon likes this.
  4. You better get up early that place gets full fast. That's my neighborhood I have eaten there a lot. I will work on setting up a stop at my house on Friday if anyone is interested.

MMM1693 likes this.
  5. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Works for me!

6. gene-koning

gene-koning

Wife called the Comfort Suites to book a room and they told her the room rates were $300+ for 1 night! She asked about rooms set aside for the Hot Rod 100 and was told there was no such thing? They can't be filled already, can they? Maybe my wife spoke with the wrong person? Gene

7. I booked at the Days Inn across the street. MUCH lower price.

Phil

8. gene-koning

gene-koning

We booked at the Days Inn as well. I was just wondering if the price they gave my wife was right. Last week, I looked at the Comfort Suites website and there were rooms listed for $89 a night, but now those prices are all gone. Gene

9. I would try a booking agency. They seem to be cheapr that way. I look and yep 300 a night but the weekend before is hundred something. Looks like there looking to make some money off the hotrodders. Oconomowoc has hotels also try there. There is also a hotel in Jefferson on hwy 26.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    MMM1693 likes this.
  10. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Comfort Suites told us they didn't know anything about HRH also. The wife had enough points accumulated the room was free, other wise we would be across the street too! $300 is crazy!

11. Comfort Suites
    May 11, $104
    May 18, $290
    May 25, $108 for Memorial Day weekend
    Why is their price so high on May 18?

Phil

12. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

I have to agree, I always roll alone cause nobody ever wants to cruise. I got my 55 chieftain going on the road again here soon so that would be cool. Eau Claire area here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. cvstl

cvstl
    from StL MO
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

We are apparently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by.......

guthriesmith likes this.
  14. Okay so we talked to the hotel and when calling to book a room ask for Brenda and tell her you want a room for the HRH as of now only 2 have been rented. So ask for Brenda .
    Thanks Ronny

MMM1693 likes this.
  15. Did they fix the rate problem? If not, might be best for everyone to just stay wherever they can get a decent rate. I can't make it up there, but if I could, wouldn't consider $300 per night.

16. From what Neil is saying yes we do have it hammered out.

17. David Gersic

David Gersic
    from DeKalb, IL

Hoping I can make it this year. Gotta talk to the physical therapist first about fixing whatever it is that’s causing pain in my left leg if I sit down. First time I’ve ever regretted having a five speed.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Duke would get it done!

19. HOTEL INFORMATION
    Crossmembers / Hot Rod Hundred has permission to use the Comfort Suites Parking lot.
    We are not obligated to book any rooms. There were 9 1-King rooms ($161.10) & 19 2-Queen Rooms ($152.10) blocked off for booking for Crossmembers CC / Hot Rod Hundred. After April 25th they will be released to general public. Contact Hotel not internet. 920-699-2800 or 920-699-3900. If the staff member answering phone seem clueless, ask for Brenda. Our Group Account # is 3303736 if that helps (this is NOT a charge account, just a reference number for our block of rooms). We are not in the room booking business.
    If you can save by booking elsewhere please feel free to do so! We can still use their parking lot.
    Whether staying at the hotel or driving in, check-in will begin at 7:30AM at the Comfort Suites parking lot. Look for the RV parked on Resort Drive. 8:45AM driver meeting at RV, 9:00AM departure. The address is 725 Paradise Ln. Johnson Creek, WI 53038.
    Thanks,

20. Thanks for the detailed update.

Phil

21. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Any interest in a gathering at my shop in Pewaukee either Friday night or Saturday morning before heading over to Jefferson?

PBRmeASAP, MMM1693 and leadfootloon like this.
  22. MMM1693

MMM1693
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

23. I'm willing to do the same. I'm really close to hotel we are meeting at in the morning. Sure would like to see @T&A Flathead convertible he has been working on. So I'm up for anything.

MMM1693 likes this.
  24. http://www.hotrodhundred.com/wisconsin.html

HOTEL INFORMATION
    Crossmembers / Hot Rod Hundred has permission to use the Comfort Suites Parking lot.
    We are not obligated to book any rooms. There were 9 1-King rooms ($161.10) & 19 2-Queen Rooms ($152.10) blocked off for booking for Crossmembers CC / Hot Rod Hundred. After April 25th they will be released to general public. Contact Hotel not internet. 920-699-2800 or 920-699-3900. If the staff member answering phone seem clueless, ask for Brenda. Our Group Account # is 3303736 if that helps (this is NOT a charge account, just a reference number for our block of rooms). We are not in the room booking business.
    If you can save by booking elsewhere please feel free to do so! We can still use their parking lot.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS / CLARIFICATION
    The Block of Hotel rooms being held until April 25th are for Friday night 05-18-18

Lunch is at the park after a ~ three hour drive. The activities are meeting one another and talking about Cars or Jesus Christ, your choice. Some who are further away from home may leave fairly soon after eating. Others may linger, looking at the cars and perhaps do some hiking.

We will stay until it is over, there is no set time to break up. The shelter is reserved for the day. No evening meal is planned, but if it came to that, someone could make a run for take-away. Also we could break into informal groups based on the direction to home or 2nd night lodging and stop at a drive-in.
    We look forward to meeting new friends and greeting familiar faces.

Thanks,

MMM1693 and 1959Nomad like this.
  25. Roothawg

Roothawg

So, we are thinking of staying around Madison or the other direction over towards Waukesha . I refuse to be hijacked. Any suggestions?

MMM1693 likes this.
  26. I booked the Days Inn that is across the street from the Comfort.

I suspect the Comfort will lower its price after the room block expires in order to try to rent the rooms.

Just a couple ideas. See you there.

Phil

MMM1693 likes this.
  27. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

there are some spots near Delafield right off of I 94 that are reasonable. it near me, and i'm good for a beer or 5.

PBRmeASAP, bobwop and MMM1693 like this.
  28. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

My ragtop isn't much of a looker right now. i think i've swept most of it up in a dust pan. but there is plenty of other stuff to look at. I'm more than willing to open the shop up for a pre-party gathering.

MMM1693 and 1959Nomad like this.
  29. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If I can get something running by then I may have to run up that way.

bobwop and 1959Nomad like this.
  30. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

You are welcome to bunk with me

justabeater37 likes this.