Register now to get rid of these ads!

working conditions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod56cars, Jul 11, 2010.

1. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

I'm sure the pro builders are more than one up on this idea but I've never worked on a project in this manner and I just wanted to share the idea with other unheard of's like myself busting their ass in a garage or elsewhere... I was wondering for quite some time on how I was going to be able to build another hot rod with my "ailment" (I'll leave it at that). So I thought about how I could say FU and rebel (my instinct) and not let something kick my ass and it occured to me that if I brought the project to my face instead of me going to the project (crawling/bending/etc..) it would work a lot better for me. So I built this stand to hold my project up for me. It looks rackety as hell but I've pushed it and hit it and beat it to death but it's still standing. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

There is nothing like sitting in a chair welding and fabricating to your hearts content in total comfort.

What you can't see in the pics are the tunes and the light 75* breeze from the fans. It's amazing what I can see when I'm not laying on my back in gravel. :D Back to your regular scheduled programming... hope you all are having a great weekend like I am.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  2. F&J

F&J

Very cool that you are fighting back. :)

That stand might be good for me also.

3. DirtyJohn

DirtyJohn

Kick ass man! I'm with you on the tunes and the fans. I finally broke down and bought a 42" barn fan after 3 years and I'm sooooooo glad I did. Should have done it a long time ago. No reason to be miserable.