Register now to get rid of these ads!

Women king of the road?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by screwball, Oct 3, 2005.

1. screwball

screwball

This is aimed at all the female readers our car club sponsers a award for most miles driven per year we would like to call it the king of the road how many of you would be insulted by winning this award. No we wont change it to person of the road .

2. Well if you are taking nominations, Hotrodladycrusr will have logged close to 10,000 miles this year with the events we have gone to and now the Ego Rama.

I have a feeling that is gonna be hard to beat.

3. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I wouldn't be insulted. But it needs a big fat gold chainer pig on the top of it. :D Roadstar, I think the award is aimed at WHOEVER in his club logged the most miles.........regardless of gender. He's just wonderin if the title would offend a female receipient.:)

xxx

4. DrJ

DrJ

Brandy's got a good idea there
    "King of the Road" is a Roger Miller song about a bum, a hobo, and sometimes petty thief.

Call your Uber-driver "Prime Road Hog" or something cute like that! :D
    Oh, that won't work because it might be a "Prime Road Sow"

How about "Motoring Mile Monster"
    It could be on a Scotch plaid plaque. ;)

Or disqualify women from the trophy because they belong in the back seat driving anyway... :D :rolleyes: :cool:
    (That was totally a joke...but I have no respect for either gender if they have never turned wrenches on their own car.)

I looked up "traveler" on a Thesaurus and one of the syns. was "Globetrotter".
    To make it more specific you could coin the non-generic, non-song-plageristic "GLOBERODDER" for your trophy title?

5. screwball

screwball

THE award is given away at our annual club party the first winner this year totaled 59,000 mi and is still going in his 54 dodge. The milage is counted every year at the run if you change your car you start again next year.

6. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Just curious, How does anyone put 59,000 on a hot rod in one year. That's over 1,000 miles a week, almost 150 miles/day everyday of the year. Can you spell "hard core". I'm not sure that would be "fun" after the first 20,000 miles. Of course the preperation H people would be smiling.

Frank

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Off to the "Nonsexist Word Finder", a vital tool here in academia. Some of our chicks are FIERCE on these issues...oh oh, it says on p. 75 to avoid use of "chicks", so belay that...

King: use only when it is the correct formal title...(can you make it that-or must it be done by a svereign nation??)...otherwise...monarch, ruler...despot...potentate...regent...

Howabout "President for Life", appointed annually...

8. screwball

screwball

the owner drives his car 60mi to work and back every day aswell as as much as possible on weekends I have heard it is the most reconized custom car in Toronto. The whole reason for the trophy is to reconize the people who drive the snot out of thier cars and live the life 24/7.