Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Wisconsin Title

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hallrods, Sep 8, 2015.

1. hallrods

hallrods

My Dad just finished a 1932 ford fiberglass roadster on an after market frame. He sent in the paper work the receipt for the body,frame,engine and engine numbers along with pictures of the car. They want him to bring the car by trailer to another city to have the state police inspect it for the vin number saying they will find it. There isn't a vin number that's what we are trying to get. They also said the car needs to be bonded. Does anyone know of someone to contact there that might be able to help with this? He sent the paper work in two months ago and they don't seem to know what to do with it. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Any insurance agency can bond a vehicle. It's usually for 1-1/2 times the value and lasts for 2-4 yrs. Usually on fiberglass cars, many of the manufacturers assign a build number or VIN to the body to help with the registration process.

3. The state of Wisconsin might have to assign a blue plate or builder VIN after state inspection, in most cases it's done at the inspection site.

4. The value of the bond is dependent on the appraised value of the car

5. Contact HAMBer Curt R as he will know all about it.

hallrods and milwscruffy like this.
  6. 1pickup

1pickup

It's been quite a few years ago, & I don't know if the laws have changed, but I had a title-less vehicle with no VIN. State patrol had to inspect the car. After it passed, I was issued a VIN plate that I had to weld to the B pillar. It was easy, but like I said, I don't know if the laws have changed. If you can't get the info you want, PM me. I have a "guy" in the DMV, & can ask his expert opinion.

hallrods likes this.
  7. PJ1

PJ1

I believe the bonding process has changed and is more simplified. Not sure why folks from other states reply as each states process is different from each other.
    You need to complete form MV2082 7/2015 Application For Bonded Certificate Of Title For a Vehicle.
    Form can be downloaded from wisconsindmv.gov I would call Madison after you have filled out form just to be sure you have all the information they need, like photos of the car etc... Good luck!

hallrods likes this.
  8. they have some new people at wi dmv. real ass holes. i have been trying for 18mo to get a title for a 34 harley. they won't put harley on the title because i they say i used parts from swap meets. we have been going round and round. now we are to the bonding deal. i used to ride the old bikes to madison when they had a counter. i would show them my pictures and receipts. i would leave with a title and screw a plate on in the parking lot before i rode home. thanks gov doyle for eliminating the window. when you cashed out the cigarette annuities ( one of only two states to do it) you should have used some of that cash to help out us car guys. instead it went for more liberal hand outs.

hallrods and lothiandon1940 like this.